Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-07-2021, 02:48 PM   #51
Dani Spain
Lurker

OK so this is 2021 and I just downloaded this epic game for nostalgia and after some struggling I just want to share some tips.

This game can be very challenging specially at the early stages, however I remember beating it up when I was a 10 year old kiddo so it is by no means an impossible game.

The so-epic Lamborghini Diablo is awesome and looks sick. I dreamt about owning one for years. A yellow one of course. Fastest car in game (except for the cop bimmers!!!!) but it handles like shit so... races with extreme curves can be really tough. Apparently everyone and his dog will overtake you while you are trying to get back to the road LOL.

The most important thing is to make wise decissions at Division 4, DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on useless upgrades like brakes (do you even brake in this game?).

Here are some MUST DO decissions:

- WIN EVERY RACE, quit the game if you ever lose a race. Being 2nd = losing.
- Absolutely don't save game if you screwed it up. If you feel this already happened, then start from beginning again.
- Play most races, if not all, before jumping to next division.
- AVOID the "ICE race" at division 4.
- TURBOS are actually USELESS at any stage. Very expensive for a tiny advantage. Most times when you use a turbo you end up crashing and not getting any advantage over it.
- Pick races wisely, based on "local difficulty". First, win all "amateur" races. Then go for "average". Then for "good". And so on. Follow this chart it must help you:

- Amateur: you can beat this level with stock speed (272kmh)
- Average: you need 288kmh
- Good: 304kmh
- Competent: 320kmh
- Excellent: 336kmh
- Top Class: you definitely need 352kmh

Each engine/transmission upgrade adds up +16kmh to your max speed, for an absolute top 352kmh once you get all the upgrades from the shop. This happens at division 2.

Try to upgrade your car for those max speeds before entering those race classes. For example if you want to enter an event where locals are "good", your max speed should be at least 304kmh. Don't even try if your Lambo still peaks at 288 or less.

Division 4 is by far the hardest, since you need to make good choices or you end up broke. Things improve in division 3, where you can literally get rich. Fun fact: you can jump to division 2 and then division 1 without even playing any division 2 race because you will have the money for it. Although I don't recommend this strategy.

Once you are in division 3, save enough money for purchasing both set of upgraded tyres (slick tyres and spike tyres). Then complete the ice race at division 3. From this point the game should be considerably easier as tyres improve your handling (just enough for intermediate curves). This is important since HARDCORE, ABSURD CURVES are all present from division 3 which will drive you crazy with stock tyres. I am not sure if spike tyres improve handling on regular tracks. Makes no sense but I have the feeling that they help a bit.

Don't waste money on police detectors, etc. and of course the worst economical decission you can make in this game is purchasing the "new lamborghini". It is just an ugly black car, similar to the rivals cars. It has absolutely no performance gains and looks worse. Stupid way of spending 200,000 bucks.

Rivals "car class" is anecdotical with this guide. Provided you are paying attention to "local difficulty" and complete races based on that, it is all you need to keep winning.

About police: it can be frustrating to get the "offender" title and once you are there chances are you are screwed. Those cops have fastest cars in game. They could beat a Formula 1 with eyes closed LOL. Man this game makes no sense sometimes. If cops are disturbing you, use a turbo if you have one, or restart the race.

*HINT* I have the impression that if your car is fast enough, police doesn't even bother purchasing you and instead goes for another rival. This consistently happens if you are 2 steps above rivals class. For example if locals are average, your max speed is 304, then police ignores you. Or if rivals are excellent and your car peaks at 352. Not sure about this theory bit it happened to me.

WITH THESE TIPS, ONCE YOU REACH DIVISION 1 YOU CAN GO STRAIGHT FOR THE FINAL CHALLENGE AS IT "ONLY" COSTS 500,000 BUCKS. YOUR DECISSION IF YOU WANT TO BEAT THE GAME DIRECTLY, OR HAVE SOME MORE FUN DOING THE DIVISION 1 RACES.

This sums it up pretty much. Hope it can help you.

Last edited by Dani Spain; 31-07-2021 at 02:52 PM.
Dani Spain is offline                         Send a private message to Dani Spain