Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #21
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I was convinced it was from TMNT from NES until I asked Kosta if he used any console games in the competition.
Old 22-02-2008, 09:19 AM   #22
Shingouki

Hey, i've played games on my 286 only with computer beeper 'til 1995, in fact, the song no.4 is sooo easy for me :laugh: it's even my phone ring.
But who converted missed a note.

to all who say that you have not to find all the songs.
If i have to guess more song than you, and i guess all songs, you can't guess more songs than me, right?
Shingouki is offline                         Send a private message to Shingouki
Old 22-02-2008, 11:20 AM   #23
sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman View Post
just curious: what were the 2 removed songs? i listened to the songs right from the page and so i haven't seen the tags... and don't remember if i knew them.
??? please anybody
sandman is offline                         Send a private message to sandman
Old 22-02-2008, 01:04 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I was convinced it was from TMNT from NES until I asked Kosta if he used any console games in the competition.
Until that point I was under impression the #2 was one of the SNES Castlevanias. Which it wasn't - turned out I had its remix next to a few CV remixes in my MP3 directory. :P

Quote:
If i have to guess more song than you, and i guess all songs, you can't guess more songs than me, right?
If you can guess them all correctly, which cannot be done without cheating.

Quote:
??? please anybody
Since they've been disqualified anyway, I guess it's all right to tell you. Command & Conquer was the first, Loom Audio Drama the second.

Quote:
How important is it to get the number right for games that had several sequels and you're not sure which one the song is from? For example, if you know the song is from Game X, but you don't know if it's Game X 2 or Game X 3.
In Chatbox, this is what Kosta said about the subject:
Quote:
if its a series of games, its ok to say which series it belong to, you don't have to name the exact sequel

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #25
sandman

thanks... i've played both a LOT, and see, didn't recognize them.
just why do some of you think it can't be guessed without cheating? beside that i just can't think of a way how to cheat, i am convinced that i played most (if not all) of the games in the competition, so there maybe is a chance for me to guess them all (just trying to convince myself that my wish comes true ). still, right now i recognize at most 10-15 of them.

and one more question, if it isn't against rules to ask/answer: are all of the games on abandonia?
sandman is offline                         Send a private message to sandman
Old 22-02-2008, 02:10 PM   #26
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
and one more question, if it isn't against rules to ask/answer: are all of the games on abandonia?
It would be against the rules if it helped. It won't, however, since there are quite a few games there that aren't on Abandonia

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 22-02-2008, 02:53 PM   #27
zaero

Cool Joining this contest as of today!

I have listened up to #9 so far and I am lost except maybe for one or two of these songs. There are definitely some that are familiar.

How could someone possibly cheat? I haven't seen a set list of rules (with the exception of not discussing song titles over the forum).

By the way, I have seen some discussion about whether these songs originate from console or PC. I have not seen a clear answer to this. Could these songs also come from an arcade platform?

And lastly, are any of these songs remixes of their originals?
zaero is offline                         Send a private message to zaero
Old 22-02-2008, 03:04 PM   #28
Japo
Autonomous human

Some of the questions are already answered from the beginning:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
The games from which the music has been taken range from 1990 to 1999 and song No. 33 was not originally released for PC/DOS.
I guess this means that all but 33 were originally released for DOS, what also implies PC.

Quote:
Also, some songs are remixes of their respective counterparts. However, all remixed songs have been chosen so that the melody from the original can be recognized easily.
Old 22-02-2008, 03:05 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
How could someone possibly cheat? I haven't seen a set list of rules (with the exception of not discussing song titles over the forum).
By getting others to identify songs for them, perhaps?

Quote:
By the way, I have seen some discussion about whether these songs originate from console or PC. I have not seen a clear answer to this. Could these songs also come from an arcade platform?
Only #33.

Quote:
And lastly, are any of these songs remixes of their originals?
Yes, quite a few of them are.

-- Reed Richards
Old 22-02-2008, 05:30 PM   #30
zaero

Default Getting Help = Cheating ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
By getting others to identify songs for them, perhaps?
What's wrong with getting others to identify songs for you?
zaero is offline                         Send a private message to zaero