Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-10-2009, 12:34 PM   #31
ggggg

Huh ?, i can finish the original campain with TL installed, i can "bombard map decoration", i also can switch between original and TL anytime... but it seems you know it better :thumbs:
ggggg is offline                         Send a private message to ggggg
Old 20-10-2009, 12:59 PM   #32
Wicky
the little viking

Nono sorry, I'm always eager to learn
So you didn't play with the TL version from abandonia, did you?

Last edited by Wicky; 20-10-2009 at 01:05 PM.
Wicky is offline                         Send a private message to Wicky
Old 22-10-2009, 08:29 PM   #33
ggggg

I just finished Titan's Legacy, what can i say, it was great, but i don't want to play it again, because some missions are really of the hook, must be made by some sadistic designer
ggggg is offline                         Send a private message to ggggg
Old 14-12-2009, 04:46 PM   #34
age like wine

*bump*

Great expansion, but the difficulty is hair-raising.

Anyone got some tips/advice for the fourth mission "hasenol"? It's the one where you need to capture a port in the far NW corner, and where you have some troops locked off from your main force in the south in the NE corner.

You get the new, seemingly useless, hovercrafts in this mission also.

The enemy is basically all-powerful, and you get no repair vehicles... how2beat?

Going for general Deng's feeble force seems like the way to go, but my main force/factory comes under heavy assault straight away. Help!

Old 15-12-2009, 05:38 AM   #35
Wicky
the little viking

Hasenol is a fight with 3 frontlines.

1) Produce a heavy artillery in the factory. Move out the Atlas transporter 2 squares. In the beginning of round 2, load the arti in the trans and flee towards the small city. Abandon the factory. Your first frontline is to defend the small city, you can repair vehicles there when needed.

2) Sneak into the south and conquer everything there: Use 1 technotrax, the comet antiair, and 2 armored personell transporter loaded with your 2 elite bots. Send them to the left border of the map and there they can go south. There is a hill, but you can climb it in the southwestern part. The rest stays at the small city.

3) Your frontline 3 will be the HQ. Note, that you cannot beat the battleship until turn 9 or so when the ally computer sends a dozen submarines. They will absolutely wipe out every enemy sea-based vehicle. Until then, you have to take a pounding by the battleship, which hurts alot!
First, load an infantry into the weaker hovercraft and move it 2 squares from the city south of harbor. Because in turn 2, the enemy will capture it with a ranger. You can then capture it back and get your ONLY ranger in this mission, which is very good. After that, don't bother recapturing this city. Then, move some vehicles from the HQ to the first small city to help defend it as you see fit. Keep the heavily armored ones at the HQ as you always need 1 (sometimes 2) outside to block the entrance to your HQ. Always move injured units inside to repair and get freshly repaired ones out to keep blocking the entrance.

Your small squad which is at the northern corner of the map, cut off from supply, is of no importance. Do with it as you want. You might be able to kill a lesser armored artillery or so before going down, but it doesn't matter.
Good luck!
Old 17-12-2009, 08:18 PM   #36
age like wine

Hey, thanks for the input.

I actually managed to turn the tide of this fight, but I used an entirely different tactic. I play expert level, btw.
The main reason for being able to prevail here is the stupidity of the computer though. He moved his heavy artillery as well as his battleship within my striking range, as fodder for my long range guns, or even heavy tanks.
I haven't finished yet, but I think I can win by pumping out the Pulsars & technotrax.

Here's what I did differently:

- I maintained the factory position, with the help of a Pulsar (hvy art). I moved almost all the heavy tanks there as well. Had to re-capture it once or so, but that is not a problem (got a semi-free fuel car out of it). The middle town was hardly under siege, I had one tank and a mine nearby.

- I sent more troops to the partisans in the south. A snake, the Comet (AA tank), and two technotrax, as well as all the infantry. I captured the coastal building by moving my hoovercrafts there. In my game, that town you spoke of got captured by a troll, I recapped it from the hoovercraft-- free troll.

- The attack at my HQ was relatively ineffective (so far). I took some damage to a Skull emplacement, but was able to hold the line with 1-2 tanks (one a Samurai-3 hvy tank though), that mine () and some infantry. The light artillery I also kept there, as well as the radar jammer and the rocket buggy. The enemy sea force got itself killed by moving in range of my guns and firing on useless Atlas vehicles and the like.

- The northern squad got killed, as you said. Took out as many units of the enemy as I could.

I think it is essential to collect all the towns for the energy and material income, given that all repairs tax these resources. I also used a scorched earth tactic here so that I did repair 'cheap' units such as technotrax tanks. Instead, I used them to flank the enemy units (without attacking at the same turn). This proved to be pretty effective.

I thought of raiding the allied town (income!), but decided against it. Glad too, seeing how they got those ships.

Now let's see if I can finish this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Hasenol is a fight with 3 frontlines.

1) Produce a heavy artillery in the factory. Move out the Atlas transporter 2 squares. In the beginning of round 2, load the arti in the trans and flee towards the small city. Abandon the factory. Your first frontline is to defend the small city, you can repair vehicles there when needed.

2) Sneak into the south and conquer everything there: Use 1 technotrax, the comet antiair, and 2 armored personell transporter loaded with your 2 elite bots. Send them to the left border of the map and there they can go south. There is a hill, but you can climb it in the southwestern part. The rest stays at the small city.

3) Your frontline 3 will be the HQ. Note, that you cannot beat the battleship until turn 9 or so when the ally computer sends a dozen submarines. They will absolutely wipe out every enemy sea-based vehicle. Until then, you have to take a pounding by the battleship, which hurts alot!
First, load an infantry into the weaker hovercraft and move it 2 squares from the city south of harbor. Because in turn 2, the enemy will capture it with a ranger. You can then capture it back and get your ONLY ranger in this mission, which is very good. After that, don't bother recapturing this city. Then, move some vehicles from the HQ to the first small city to help defend it as you see fit. Keep the heavily armored ones at the HQ as you always need 1 (sometimes 2) outside to block the entrance to your HQ. Always move injured units inside to repair and get freshly repaired ones out to keep blocking the entrance.

Your small squad which is at the northern corner of the map, cut off from supply, is of no importance. Do with it as you want. You might be able to kill a lesser armored artillery or so before going down, but it doesn't matter.
Good luck!

Old 17-12-2009, 08:23 PM   #37
age like wine

Sorry, meant "did NOT repair cheap units". Used the damaged ones as flankers.

Old 19-12-2009, 05:42 AM   #38
Wicky
the little viking

Wow, I tried to lure the battleship into range of my ION cannon too, but it didn't work. He just moved a few hexes then bombed it away from 8 range. Must have been an awesome trick that you pulled off, to kill it! Congratz man on playing on Expert, I play on hard (the 2nd most difficult).
The next missions will be much easier, but I cross my fingers for you that you can finish brigiti, it will be like 10 times more difficult than hasenol, and with a freaking time-limit too I'm stuck there at the moment.
Old 19-12-2009, 04:04 PM   #39
age like wine

Haha, more luck than wisdom. I believe it came in to shoot at a Planum unit, which I happened to have south of my HQ to connect that town with a road.

It was in range of my Skull emplacement then as well!

I think it will only start shooting at your Ionstar and other similarly heavy armored units if it doesn't find anything weaker in range. So I do keep some 'cannon fodder' outside to serve as bait.

Looking forward to brigiti... I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
Wow, I tried to lure the battleship into range of my ION cannon too, but it didn't work. He just moved a few hexes then bombed it away from 8 range. Must have been an awesome trick that you pulled off, to kill it! Congratz man on playing on Expert, I play on hard (the 2nd most difficult).
The next missions will be much easier, but I cross my fingers for you that you can finish brigiti, it will be like 10 times more difficult than hasenol, and with a freaking time-limit too I'm stuck there at the moment.

Old 21-12-2009, 09:50 PM   #40
age like wine

Ok, I reached "britigi". This does look to be very tough to beat in just 29 turns...

Let's see how far I get!