Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 09-01-2010, 01:38 AM   #1
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Default Morrowind Graphical Glitch.

I am having a weird graphical glitch in my copy of GOTY Morrowind the sun appears to be black, however sometimes when partially behind an object it will show correctly. Any help will be apperciated, even if its "Dude you're an idiot you forgot the sun looks like that normally."
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 09-01-2010, 06:18 AM   #2
dosraider
Dismembered.

Google comes up with this:
http://forumplanet.gamespy.com/morro...0/19929565/p1/
http://forums.amd.com/game/messagevi...hreadid=111176

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 09-01-2010, 06:36 AM   #3
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Thanks Dos, I have being meaning to Google it but I have been rather busy with my kid, the solution was to replace the textures for the sun. From what I could gather on those websites it is a Windows problem.

Once again thank you Dos for your GoogleFu skills.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #4
dosraider
Dismembered.

You're welcome.

@#@#@# critters, they keep us busy isn't it?
Just wait till you get grandkids, then you'll know what 'being busy with kids' really means. :mad:
@#@#@#.

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 10-01-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Dude you're an idiot you forgot the sun looks like that normally.

:tongue:

I got a copy of it on steam the other day, when they sold it at $4.99 and I couldn't resist to have a legit copy of this game

I got some nice mods that add a lot more variety to npc faces (and PC faces, too) and some other nice things, along with some unnoficial patches (both as mods and as code patch )

Now I am relieving my time in Morrowind with a Breton Attronach that goes aroudn the land, getting to know it while simultaneously can't help trying to get everythign that isn't nailed down . It is not that she is a thief, jsut that I can't help but knowing what is in those barrels, behind those closed doors, etc and then, after all the problems I went through to get there, I can also help myself to some nice loot

So far I hadn't any bad bug with it, but I have barely started the game. I remember the horrible crashes and save game corruptions happening later, with more of the world explored
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 10-01-2010, 02:42 AM   #6
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Lol thank you LQ, I have had my copy for a long time. I have a werid character Shes a mage, who wears heavy armour and smacks you in the face with a blunt weapon. If you happen to be behind a locked door, well she can get you there too.

I am only using better bodies and better heads at the moment, what mods are you using, I might pick them up if they are good.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:15 AM   #7
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

I am using them, too. Also, I am using a mod that adds a bunch on new NPC all over the place, randomly, putting them in the open and in cities and such, scripting some behavior to make the world a little less static. So far I run into one of the NPC and she looked ridiculous, but I would like to see a little more of it before deciding if I will keep it or not. Also it adds more enemies, so now you have more chances of finding yourself attacked in the wild by bigger groups of bandits and such. And adds violent drunkards in taverns, although AFAIK they should be kicked out of the bar lest the owner loses the license from the Duke to have a tavern

One of the modules of this mod had some dependencies from "clothiers of Vvanderfell", so I installed it, too. It adds a lot of clothes and it is done with better bodies in mind. The shame is that it is mostly outlandish garments for females, and cross-dressing has some... issues. So, I will have to put aside my idea of a cross-dressing orc barbarian . It also adds some secrets shops and such, but didn't found them, yet (nor looked for them, really. But at least it adds some more variety to the clothes. So, if you are into that, maybe it is good. But if I deactivate the previous mod, I will deactivate it, too, because it is not really worth it, so far.

Also added some mods that perfect a little the models of both vivec and almalexia, making them true to the concept of the characters, but a bit more otherwordly (and with more polys/better textures ). Also, almalexia's armor is a wearable item.

I also installed the unofficial Morrowind patch, that is it a mod that fixes lots of maps, char, placements and script bugs. And the Morrowind Code Patch, that does the same, but to the binaries. And fixes lots of bugs and corrects lots of things. It can also change the zoom and size of the map, for better use with the maps from the Tamriel Rebuilt proyect. And the best part of it? you can decide which thing you want to path, add and modify, it doesn't force you to accept all the changes it introduces into the game.

Under sun and sky, outlander...
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 12-01-2010, 12:31 AM   #8
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This is Troubleshooting. It is a forum meant to get help about running old games.

Please take your conversation elsewhere. I humbly suggest "Favorite oldies and newbies".

-EoF