Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-01-2014, 12:54 PM   #471
mowarning

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Each attempt on a non-jammed door has a chance to raise the skill whether you succeed or not.
Save bevor you try for the first time and keep on trying until either you succeed or the door gets jammed (in this case reload and try again).
Thanks. I have been progressing rather well since my last post.

I am now in the Mines and slowly but surely approaching the time where it makes sense to switch class (Most my chars are lvl 7 now)...

The party I ended up with is:

Dwarf Valkyrie
Felpurr Samurai
Fairy Ninja
Felpurr Bard
Rawulf Priest
Elf Mage

Now... I think I will switch the Priest to a Mage and the Mage to a Priest at lvl 10... or maybe both to a Bishop?
I am more concerned about the Bard... I do understand that whilst he is still useful with the Lute, his usefulness will run out in the late game I suppose... and since I already have a Ninja, which class makes sense? Monk? Ranger (planning ahead for W7 where Rangers are more useful) ?

Cheers guys!

Last edited by mowarning; 03-01-2014 at 01:05 PM.
mowarning is offline                         Send a private message to mowarning
Old 04-01-2014, 01:19 AM   #472
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Your party is fine, there's no need to switch anything unless you desire some cheesy imbalance.

Switching your mage to priest and your priest to mage will delay your access to the high level spells by about 1,000,000 XP, your spells will be easier to resist and your saves will be worse because you're lacking 320,000 XP or about one level in the final class. There's enough time (but no need either) for switching classes in W7.
If you insist on switching level 10 is very late, giving up extra 160k XP in your final class just for one level up from 9 to 10 just for a few skillpoints.
If you want more alchemy you could have your fairy switch to ranger at level 7-8 and switch back to ninja at the same level (requires reloads at level up).

The bardic instrument will be useful all the time until the end.
Ranger is neither good in W6 nor in W7.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 04-01-2014, 05:42 PM   #473
mowarning

Thanks mate. How should I play the bard in W6 and W7 because right now all i do with him is use the lute and the angels tongue. What is decent/the best equipment for him in W6? I read something about a sword of tears?

talking about equipment and more importantly transferring parties over to W7...i keep reading that people take The Avenger over but i saw that there is a sword called Excaliber which sounds a lot better to me both dmg and bonus wise...why are people not taking that instead? Is a 2 hand sword on a valkyrie not good? I understand that the sword is very hard to get because of its low drop chance but i don't mind farming for it.
mowarning is offline                         Send a private message to mowarning
Old 05-01-2014, 01:30 AM   #474
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

The Lute is useful until the end, the sleep spell is powerful and barely anything is immune to it.
There are of course other options for your bard (although not necessary):
use other instruments, cast mage spells, attack from the back with a polearm like the cat o' nine tails, hide and backstab, ...

Excaliber is a very rare random drop, farming for hundreds of hours (for an item you can't even keep for W8) without succeeding isn't worth it.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster