Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-04-2007, 05:53 PM   #281

:wallbash: I am fool - I didn't notice the DOSbox walkthrough on the main Abandonia page :wallbash: I will try to run it according the wlakthrough and maybe it could help.

Old 24-04-2007, 01:02 AM   #282
Rob

Hey guys, I got the voices working. Only because I found my old Dune Cd. I mounted C and D (Cd-rom Drive) based on the DosBox tutorial commands on the abondonia DosBox tutorial. I ran the Install from the cd, then it created a DuneCD folder in my C:\Games directory. Then I just switched over to C: inside of DosBox and typed in DUNE, and there was my music and voices. I think that the download I got from abandonia doesn't have the voices built in. Because my old Dune CD has different files.

Old 24-04-2007, 12:11 PM   #283
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
I think that the download I got from abandonia doesn't have the voices built in. [/b]
You are correct in that assumption - the version with digitized speech would be far too large to place on the site.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 24-04-2007, 02:07 PM   #284
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Icewolf @ Apr 18 2007, 12:00 PM) [snapback]287324[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(AyDee @ Apr 17 2007, 02:51 AM) [snapback]287216[/snapback]
Quote:
But...! To those who have the smaller (and voiceless) copy of Dune: The full CD version (.cue and .bin files) is up for torrent on IsoHunt. Burn that to a CD-R using Nero's Burn Image option, then install it from the CD and run it from your HDD.[/b]
Use our Abandonia
ISO CELLAR !!!!! 11111 oneoneoneone

EDIT: We host an ISO of that CD there as well...[/b][/quote]
Old 25-04-2007, 08:29 PM   #285
Predseda

Finally I got it workink and talking! I followed EXACTLY the DOSBOX tutorial on abandonia and it works perfectly! Thank you all, guys!

Old 26-04-2007, 08:28 AM   #286
Icewolf
Il Lupone

Send a message via ICQ to Icewolf

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Predseda @ Apr 25 2007, 09:29 PM) [snapback]288441[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I followed EXACTLY the DOSBOX tutorial on abandonia[/b]
This is the key to happiness!
Old 26-04-2007, 02:04 PM   #287
Rob

Nice, Icewolf.... well I've almost beaten Dune again....I'm right at the end with vegetation growing and military units fighting off the last of the fortresses. Brings back memories of the good old days... thanks for all your help, Ice and Fifth Horseman...

Old 27-04-2007, 05:12 PM   #288
Ilhan Xavier
Smile

I've had Dune for years and years and still have the original CD, but only recently have gotten really far though. I've had a few problems come up recently though, so I hope some one can give me some help.

1. How do you get Fremen to pick up stuff that you buy from the villages? They refuse to move their and when I tell them to search for a equipment they don't bother with it. I bought an Ornithopter for the one remaining troop who had a harvester but no orni, but couldn't find out how to give them it before a worm swallowed their machine :angry:

2. Is there any reason why some troops' morale doesn't go up at all, even when I visit and when they win battles? I have a troop with 17% morale who get whooped when fighting alone any battles.

3. How do you join in a battle? I heard theres a battle mode but I don't know how to work it. Do you have to be at the stage of using worms?

4. Last one isn't a problem so much as a query to stop me worrying too much, although it may sound silly. Is there any risk of Harkonnens attacking the Palace? Just to ease my mind.

If anyone can help that would be great. Cheers

Old 27-04-2007, 11:52 PM   #289
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ilhan Xavier @ Apr 27 2007, 06:12 PM) [snapback]288662[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I've had a few problems come up recently though, so I hope some one can give me some help. [/b]
1. First of all be sure that Fremen unit has the appropriated assigned mission (for example : Spice Harvest to pick up orni or Harvester). Then if they still refuse to "go and pick up" move them in a sietche more close to village and order again to search for equipment. Now i don't remember well, but it's possible that if your carisma is low (very low) fremen will refuse even if they are in an adiacent sietche (regarding the village) in this case.. raise carisma

2.When Chani comes kidnapped, ALL fremen unit morale don't go up, if you are referring to a specific unit (and ONLY at this specific unit) try to change mission. Some units prefer a mission rather than others.

3. You are right, you need to ride a worm to enter in battle. Just call one (when you can) and go to harkonnen fortress (take in mind that worms are sloooooow, so if battle goes well... you could arrive to concluded battle )

4. No. Only sietche can be attacked by harkonnen.
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 28-04-2007, 09:43 AM   #290
Ilhan Xavier

Thanks. The thing about picking up stuff from the villages is that when I tell the fremen to go to the villages, they say: "We don't like the villages, but we will go and pick up equipment of neccesary" which generally suggests that there is some option to send them there specifically. I'll try what you suggested though