Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > On site
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-10-2004, 03:19 PM   #1
paynesgrey

Default Alien Legacy

These are a couple of ancient classics, of the "build a colony under lousy circumstances" games, Alien Legacy had more in the way of story line and exploration, while Outpost was pretty much "sim city on a distant rock". Both were great fun, and I've not been able to find either to buy, so I suspect they are orphaned now.

Any suggestions, or chance they might be uploaded?
paynesgrey is offline                         Send a private message to paynesgrey
Old 02-10-2004, 04:34 PM   #2
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

I believe they are both protected by ESA, but I could be wrong.

If they are, we won't add them.
Old 08-10-2004, 02:19 AM   #3
paynesgrey

I wouldn't dream of asking them to be posted if they are still owned by anybody. If they are, forget I asked. I will cheerfully assume you've better information of what is and isn't covered. If anybody can find where I can purchase them I'd be happy to go to the vendor, as I'm not into the warez thing myself.
paynesgrey is offline                         Send a private message to paynesgrey
Old 08-10-2004, 02:51 AM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I have Outpost II and it's great. What makes this game good still by today standards (and probably why it's not abadonned yet) is because everytime you successfully finished a mission you unlocked a chapter of the whole story of the game.

Great read, and that makes only the play even more interesting, even tough the game interface and the game difficulty were both hard to master.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:53 PM   #5
janm.l
Forum hobbit

Default Alien Legacy

(german version below)

ENGLISH VERSION

Hello,

recently, I remembered a game from the 90's but not its name. It acted of the fact that mankind was leaving earth with the spaceship Calypso in order to settle a far galaxy. In this galaxy you arrived, then, you had to settle a suitable planet and to investigate the galaxy. It had thus a Sim City element, in addition, something from Master of Orion.
You could build small spaceships, in order to reach other planets and to explore their surfaces. There, you could collect in an "Afterburner" view you could collect ore and find artifacts.
In the later process of the game you settled the farther gas giants. High-energetic Gas was suitable, but unfortunately also the source of living of a foreign race, which attacked as soon as you harvested the gas. In addition it turned out that a Asteroid was not an Asteroid, but a gigantic combat ship.
In this game, the planet galaxy was revolutionary: all planets followed its courses around theirselves. In order to be able to fly to a planet with an orbital glider, you had to wait until this approached the home basis or the Calypso, so you could reach it.
I think there was a review of the game in Powerplay (german magazine) in the same issue in ehich was the complete solution of Larry 3. Or in teh year book in one of the first letters of the alphabet (AC). It was not called Alpha Centauri... It may benot so important, but it wurmt me that nobody even remembers this game and me not only the name...
Please help me! :bye:
Thanks for your assistance and greeting, abandonment commodity lover...

:ranting: muck, now I remember the name!!! Alien Legacy!
Is there somebody remembering it or even having it?

GERMAN VERSION:

Hallo,

ich habe mich gerade eben nocheinmal sehnsüchtig an ein Spiel aus den 90ern erinnert und keiner kannte es mehr. Es war wohl auch nicht bekannt aber trotzdem genial.

Es handelte davon, daß die Menschheit mit dem Raumschiff Calypso den bedrohten Planeten Erde verließ um eine bewohnbare Galaxie anzufliegen. In dieser Galaxie in der man dann annkam mußte man dann einen geeigneten Planeten besiedeln und die Galaxie erforschen. Es hatte somit ein Sim City Element, aber auch etwas von Master of Orion.
Man konnte kleine Raumschiffe bauen, damit zu anderen Planeten fliegen und deren Oberfläche erkunden. Dort konnte man in einer art "Afterburner Ansicht" Erze sammeln und Artefakte finden. Im späteren Verlauf des Spiels hat man die ferneren Gasgiganten besiedelt und mußte unliebsam feststellen, daß das so schön energiereiche Gas lebensgrundstoff einer fremden Rasse war, die einen angriff, sobalt man das Gas erntete.
Außerdem stellte sich heraus, daß ein Asteroid kein Asteroid war, sondern ein gigantisches Kampfschiff. Revolutionär an diesem Spiel war vor allen Dingen die Planetengalaxie in der sich alle Planeten ihren Bahnen folgten. Um zu einem Planeten mit einem Raumgleiter fliegen zu können, mußte man Anfangs warten, bis dieser sich der Heimbasis oder der Calypso auf seiner Laufbahn näherte.

Ich glaube das Spiel war in der Powerplay in der die Komplettlösung zu Larry 3 war. Oder in einem der Jahreshefte aus der Zeit auf den ersten Seiten (A-C). Alpha Centauri hieß es jedenfalls nicht.
Es mag verrückt sein, aber es wurmt mich einfach, daß mir nicht einmal mehr der Name hierzu einfällt! :ranting: Mist, jetzt fällt er mir ein: Alien Lagacy. Hat jemand dieses Spiel?

Danke für Eure Hilfe und Gruß, Abandonware-Liebhaber...
janm.l is offline                         Send a private message to janm.l
Old 05-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #6
Wael
Hero Gamer

Sorry,
Still sold /-
Wael is offline                         Send a private message to Wael
Old 06-02-2005, 09:34 AM   #7
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

From the description I was sure you meant Reunion. You could download it from here, I'm sure you will have lots of fun with it.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 28-02-2005, 01:19 PM   #8
djurre

Default Alien Legacy

I remember playing alien legacy, it was the first game that introduced me to the "empire building" principle. I loved it, but then... well, i dont remember. i do know i dowloaded it some time ago from a site (it wasnt HOTU). but i didnt have dosbox, and i do now.

Alien legacy plz
djurre is offline                         Send a private message to djurre
Old 28-02-2005, 01:27 PM   #9
Omuletzu
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to Omuletzu Send a message via Yahoo to Omuletzu

I believe it's not abandoned :not_ok:
Omuletzu is offline                         Send a private message to Omuletzu
Old 28-02-2005, 02:03 PM   #10
Gun Man
Abandonia nerd