Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 19-05-2009, 01:54 PM   #91
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simoneer View Post
So... it went from not thinking console reviews would fit in because it's ''an extention of the site''... To even considering to include reviews of modern handheld games, because they play like old games? Games that are, in other words, neither abandoned, nor for computers, or any stationary platform for that matter.

Fuck me sideways.

...I disagree with the idea. I mean, sticking to old games should be required, seeing as it's called ''Abandoned Times'' and has the slogan ''Abandoned but not forgotten''. I know it was just an idea, but ohhhhh no. If people were sceptical of including old console games, I can't see having modern handheld games in the mag.

Sorry for being contradictive so much. I'm quite sure it's not appreciated. But the line has to be drawn somewhere.
We already have indie/freeware games. Even if it's just one review per issue, it's still there. Personally, I wouldn't mind reviews of NDS remakes like Settlers, Theme Park, James Pond, etc. They were originally PC games so why not?

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 19-05-2009, 02:22 PM   #92
Acethor
HECU Marine

For me personally I feel like we should stick to old games since this is what the site is dedicated to - not old books or old movies (I think movie>game and game>movie reviews were suggested). Older consoles like NES/SNES or Atari2600 are ok with me.

We need help!! Click the link above if you're interested!
Acethor is offline                         Send a private message to Acethor
Old 19-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #93
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
We already have indie/freeware games. Even if it's just one review per issue, it's still there. Personally, I wouldn't mind reviews of NDS remakes like Settlers, Theme Park, James Pond, etc. They were originally PC games so why not?
So... you're basically contradicting yourself, knowing it?

*gasp* Time to get hated...

''They were originally PC games so why not'' is a pretty lame excuse, IMO. They're still new if they've recently been remade. Besides, those games that have been remade aren't abandoned then, are they? The remaking of them shows that they still support them, doesn't it? So many contradictions. I think that, if you're gonna have so much not-abandoned-whatsoever-stuff, rename the magazine, and change its slogan. But that's just me. You guys can do whatever you want. I'm not particularly involved anyways. Besides, it's still good reading.

Last edited by Simoneer; 19-05-2009 at 02:45 PM.
Simoneer is offline                         Send a private message to Simoneer
Old 19-05-2009, 03:27 PM   #94
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simoneer View Post
So... you're basically contradicting yourself, knowing it?

*gasp* Time to get hated...

''They were originally PC games so why not'' is a pretty lame excuse, IMO. They're still new if they've recently been remade. Besides, those games that have been remade aren't abandoned then, are they? The remaking of them shows that they still support them, doesn't it? So many contradictions. I think that, if you're gonna have so much not-abandoned-whatsoever-stuff, rename the magazine, and change its slogan. But that's just me. You guys can do whatever you want. I'm not particularly involved anyways. Besides, it's still good reading.
You're far too hooked on that title. Heck, Abandonia Reloaded only has remakes so you could argue "Abandonia" shouldn't be in the title. The mag was supposed to be all about good old days of gaming and remakes obviously classify here, since the gameplay is classic in design. It's a mag for people who are interested in the days of old and, seriously, I'm very interested in remakes because they allow us to play old games on new media with (often) improved graphics.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 19-05-2009, 05:34 PM   #95
Simoneer
Priest of The Order

Okay then.
Old 19-05-2009, 08:55 PM   #96
seanex

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_avatar View Post
Next issue will have an article about games based on books, actually . All the games you mentioned except for Neuromancer and Alone In The Dark are mentioned.
Hooray! Sounds good, I look forward to reading it. Neuromancer should be included though, its a really good book that the game attempts to follow in both dialogue and story. Alone in the Dark wasn't actually a book, as far as I know, I just happened to remember that the review mentioned it was based loosely on H.P. Lovecraft's works.
Thanks for the mention of 'The Kraken Wakes', The Fifth Horseman, I will have to keep an eye open for that .
Old 22-05-2009, 10:53 AM   #97
supergod

suggestion for a versus article:
adventures then (in their gold time) and adventures now (as an "underground" genre). i think adventures deserve some attention
supergod is offline                         Send a private message to supergod
Old 11-06-2009, 12:27 AM   #98
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

It would be nice if there were a short comic in the magazine. It's the kind of thing that magazines have, isn't it? Although don't count on my for the drawing, I can't draw for shit. And, well, I guess I couldn't be counted upon on the written, either: I can be barely funny in my mother tongue, I guess I could be horrible in English :S

But yes, some nice comic could be fun
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 11-06-2009, 07:23 PM   #99
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I think that, in this great moment of the human history, to have an article about the return of Monkey Island: some kind of "preview and flashback"
Old 15-06-2009, 02:39 PM   #100
red_avatar
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintopotere View Post
I think that, in this great moment of the human history, to have an article about the return of Monkey Island: some kind of "preview and flashback"
Yeah I was thinking about that - but from more an aesthetic point of view: how has Monkey Island changed? Guybrush's looks, the world, the people, etc. Content wise we can't know much before the first episode is released (and incidentally I bought the first season so I can give a head's up on that).

Closed Thread