Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old News
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-07-2005, 06:02 AM   #181
McKack

Yeah just translating sounds ok, I'm no good at writing reviews from scratch :whistle: So I guess it dosen't really matter what genre but I do like adventures yes.
McKack is offline                         Send a private message to McKack
Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 AM   #182
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

@AJ: LOTE= Languages Other Than English
Old 06-08-2005, 02:45 PM   #183
1337Elite
Forum hobbit

Umm.. :bye: hi.

If i can't help with the coding/fixing problems with the site i'll help translating into swedish.
1337Elite is offline                         Send a private message to 1337Elite
Old 06-08-2005, 02:59 PM   #184
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by 1337Elite@Aug 6 2005, 02:45 PM
Umm.. :bye: hi.

If i can't help with the coding/fixing problems with the site i'll help translating into swedish.
PM Titan. He's in charge of the Swedish translation.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 06-08-2005, 03:00 PM   #185
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

You should try to PM Titan and see how far (if anywhere) the Swedish group has gotten. He is in charge of them.

Edit: DARN that blasted Raffles girl! She beat me to the post, once again
Old 06-08-2005, 03:01 PM   #186
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Heh, I beat you to it.:bleh:
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 07-08-2005, 02:31 AM   #187
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Kosta@Nov 28 2004, 12:42 PM
There has been a lot of talk about translating Abandonia to foreign languages lately, so if you are interested, here's the procedure and things you should be aware of:
  • 1. When we say "translating Abandonia", we don't mean just the page layout, but the content as well. This includes all game reviews, but not manuals (yet) Be aware that there are over 400 games on the site and this is no small task.
  • 2. Once you have decided that you REALLY want to do it, you should download the language file attached to this post. These are all words that appear on the main page layout. Once you translate this file, you are ready to start translating reviews.
  • 3. For each language in which Abandonia appears, there is a separate administration page. This means you will be able to add translations and post news by yourself, without mine or anyone else's help. However, in order for me to open up the admin account for you, you will have to supply 150 reviews prior to that. This is needed because I want to see that you are really determined to do this.
  • 4. Once the 150 reviews have been done, you're on your own. Send me a PM and I'll make it all happen! Consistency is the main thing when updating your language-specific page. Try and make at least one translation every few days and add the games consistently through time. Basically keep the site alive k:
for begining translated , i have to put in my language all that is wrote in this file correct?
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 07-08-2005, 08:15 AM   #188
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

That's the first step, yes. But you'll also need to translate a bunch of reviews before a new language can be added to the site.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:03 AM   #189
a1s
Hero Gamer

you can store the reviews in txt or doc files for now, if that was your question. And unfortunatly now there is no way to store them on site unil you actulay make those 150 reviews.
a1s is offline                         Send a private message to a1s
Old 19-08-2005, 07:51 AM   #190
Veronica
Lurker

I would love to do the translation to swedish. I have quite much experience with translations and are much better with translations than writing direct in English.

I wonder if it is possible to get some proof like a certificate that I have made the traslation (If so) after the work is done? It could be very useful in the future because I´m thinking of educate me to a translator. I already have been reading languages at my university so I´m quite close and all experience is good!

Another thing that should be great to know is how long it has taken for the other translators to translate and how quick they are working. (I wonder because I have my full time stydies at the university to think of)

Sorry for my bad english, been reading swedish so much...
Veronica is offline                         Send a private message to Veronica