Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-12-2005, 04:02 PM   #21
EvilDiva

Help please!!!

For the Amiga version of Populous II, when you start a level, it says something like 'Zeus asks how many statues were built for this face...' then shows you a picture of a god, then you have to give the 4 number code before you can play... I remember the pictures and codes were in the manual, but I lost it! Can someone please help?
Thanks!

Old 02-01-2006, 04:36 PM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Check www.replacementdocs.com . They might have a copy. Or search the internet.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 10-01-2006, 07:43 PM   #23
EvilDiva

I already tried that, the replacementdocs.com had the manual, but for some odd reason all the faces were at the edge and half cut off! You could only see 2 or 3 numbers!

Old 12-04-2006, 10:07 PM   #24
Help me

Help! I get the same error as everyone else. "Expanded Memory not found."

I downloaded this game off a website, and whenever I try to use Dosbox it puts me in the Z drive instead of the C drive. So since I don't have this on a cd, I can't change the directory around (dosbox babbles on about changing this using the D drive) I've already done this by going to Run--->Cmd---->CD desktop---->Populous---->Pop2.exe

and thats when I get the expanded memory error. I can run the intro movie fine, but everything else doesn't work

Old 13-04-2006, 01:52 PM   #25
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

The "z instead of C" is a frequent problem n00bs encounter when they start using DosBox. Check the troubleshooting forum, there should be about half dozen threads on the subject from last month alone.
Like this one. Or this one

The expanded memory error is because you are trying to run the game in XP. Why do you think the review doesn't have an XP compatibility icon? Yep, because this game isn't compatibile with XP, and that's it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 25-08-2006, 07:21 AM   #26
hgottfried

i hope someone is as picky as me...i can't get the sound to fully work with populous 1 or 2. the sound effects work fine (and the music works during the intro for both), but the heartbeat sound (and music in POP2) is missing during gameplay, and that's always been part of the charm for me with these games! i have the Super Nintendo versions of 1 and 2 (2 is Japanese only--language barrier!!!), and the Genesis version of 1, which all have the heartbeat in the backround, and in the manual for POP2 (i own the original for PC) it states that there is a heartbeat sound to let you know how healthy you are (it also states that you can enter "MUSIC" in the special code area to listen to some soothing backround music while playing POP2). i'm new to these forums, but i've scoured high and low to try and make sure i'm not asking a stupid question. i tried VDMSound and DOSBOX for POP1, and i can only use DOSBOX for POP2 due to the extended memory hurdle; no success with any of those options. i also tried all the different soundblaster options in the DOSBOX config file. i'm at a loss here. are there specific irq's or dma/hdma settings i could tweak? i don't want to have to resort to playing the vastly inferior console versions...
please help.
hgottfried is offline                         Send a private message to hgottfried
Old 17-01-2007, 04:43 AM   #27
Nola

I too am having trouble with no sound in this game. I notice in the manual it says you must use sound blaster or you won't get any sound. As there is no install.exe file in populous II directory, how do I change or even check to see what default Dosbox uses. I get sound in the intro sequence, but not after that. :wallbash:

Old 17-01-2007, 10:54 AM   #28
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

To change the DosBox' sound emulation you must edit Dosbox.conf. It's all in the readme.

-- Reed Richards
Old 20-03-2007, 01:51 AM   #29
rupertbear

ah populous 2. although i personally prefer powermonger i must confess to playing this game probably the most out of most other "god" genres. Absolutely classic, built on populous in every way possible & worked perfectly on my amiga 500+

what i wouldn't give to play this game again! trying to remember if i actually ever finished it... were the later levels based in rock & larva?

hmm my memory eludes me. bullfrog you were the masters of my childhood!

just one quick criticism of the review, you guys state this game wasn't much of a looker, but i clearly remember being wowed by the graphics back when it was released... am i alone here?
rupertbear is offline                         Send a private message to rupertbear
Old 23-06-2007, 07:19 AM   #30
Windrunna

I'm having sound problems as well. There isnt an install.exe in the Populous II directory. All I have is Go.bat, Intro.exe, Pop2.exe. Help?