Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2016, 05:32 PM   #11
bobbyhall2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Correct question is, if anyone tried. Again: not me.

What do you mean by "full version"? Something different from shareware, linked before?
I downloaded the game from the link above (https://web.archive.org/web/20020202...com/ksfdwn.htm). The game keeps crashing around the 5th in-game year, around the same limit as the trial version.
bobbyhall2 is offline                         Send a private message to bobbyhall2
Old 20-09-2017, 07:37 PM   #12
emiro

Talking YES!

Well, folks, I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Here ya go, Internet. Your missing game: Planet: The New Frontier by Kimbrosoft.

It's still as buggy as the original, and the intro doesn't work. Just use "ares.exe" to jump right into the game.

(The intro is something like this really quick, unannounced 5-second "HEY YOU'RE CRASHING! PICK A PLACE TO LAND!" with like no warning and then there's something like "so you are the commander of the first mission to inhabit another 'earth' but somethings wrong, because you crashed on some other inhospitable planet, good luck. some of your science experts and materials were lost in the crash but you have a couple hundred people in stassis, wake them when you're ready to support them".)

PS I added the help file separate so it'd fit here.

PSS Good luck, this game is kinda tricky... staving off disaster takes incredible insight (or loading a save 10+ turns back). But I won't spoil any more, have fun!
Attached Files
File Type: zip planet.zip (1.82 MB, 6 views)
File Type: zip planet.chm.zip (739.3 KB, 9 views)
emiro is offline                         Send a private message to emiro
Old 20-09-2017, 09:17 PM   #13
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiro View Post
Well, folks, I've been waiting for this day for a long time. Here ya go, Internet. Your missing game: Planet: The New Frontier by Kimbrosoft.

It's still as buggy as the original, and the intro doesn't work. Just use "ares.exe" to jump right into the game.

(The intro is something like this really quick, unannounced 5-second "HEY YOU'RE CRASHING! PICK A PLACE TO LAND!" with like no warning and then there's something like "so you are the commander of the first mission to inhabit another 'earth' but somethings wrong, because you crashed on some other inhospitable planet, good luck. some of your science experts and materials were lost in the crash but you have a couple hundred people in stassis, wake them when you're ready to support them".)

PS I added the help file separate so it'd fit here.

PSS Good luck, this game is kinda tricky... staving off disaster takes incredible insight (or loading a save 10+ turns back). But I won't spoil any more, have fun!
I played it once and I just wanted to give feedback; I love the sounds. It was funny in a cool way! I also love how you can use the mouse to control the areas. One thing I will always remember about this game is the cheering sounds. Thank you for a funny chuckle.

Also, I like that it has a small footprint. Small in size and manageable to download in a short amount of time. For the size the graphics are very impressive from a programmer's point of view.

And to other members my FREE virus scanner from Google did not detect any virus on this one. However I caution that it is a cheap virus scanner.

If there is no virus in the end I give it a total score of: CUTE!

Not being self absorbed. I'm giving feedback just like I would like others to help me out if I needed it. Many times I work for years and never get feedback and it leaves you thinking is my game any good.

For short term entertainment and amusement I really love the sounds. I believe it is useful for long term pickups too when you are sad and have no one but I have Myst for that. hehe

Once again I'm not trying to be self absorbed. I am giving feedback that I like your game although I don't know what others think. It is just my opinion and the only reason I'm not keeping it is I am just afraid of viruses since it's a Windows game. If it was containable like DOSBox then it is easy to contain the virus by mounting a separate directory.

The bottom line is Thank you for a laugh. My softwares in DOS doesn't have quite a cool and realistic sound mechanism because I am a beginning programmer.

Once again if only I could be sure I would keep it. In either case I will always remember the laugh and I gave it a try. Thank you and hope your games go well. I know many programs that went on to great success because they are free and no viruses were found. Although they may have advertisements it is not a virus yet since I have been using these other programs for years.

I hope you find my feedback useful and uplifting!!! ??I don't know if you are a programmer but I know being a programmer it is nice to know feedbacks from time to time. I do get that from the number of people downloading my games although I don't know who downloaded it.

For what it is worth Thank you God for a laugh for what it is worth. You are appreciated by at least one person and I will always remember that little kindness.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen