Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-09-2006, 05:55 AM   #11
Gérard

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gérard @ Sep 23 2006, 06:32 AM) [snapback]256822[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(catchaserguns @ Sep 23 2006, 04:02 AM) [snapback]256820[/snapback]
Quote:
I downloaded this game and would not run on dosbox, kept on getting illegal command. Tried running in windows and kept asking for CD.Any ideas would help.
[/b]
I had this game from HOTU and it must be installed from floppy drive. I suppose it's the same here.
[/b][/quote]
Sorry for the bad information! this is the read me from Underdogs about the game:

For D-Day: America Invades! the zip's contents must be copied directly to your hard drive. As part of the copy protection, a copy of the game must be in the CD-ROM drive in order to play. You can burn the files from the zip onto a CD-R. There maybe a crack which disables this requirement but one has not been located. Due to an error in the program, the LASTDRIVE= line in your Config.sys file must show one letter greater than your actual CD setting in order for the game to access it. If you your CD-ROM drive is setup as E:\, then the Config.sys should read as follows:

LASTDRIVE=F

If you system has more than one CD-ROM or CD-RW, run the game from the LAST of these drives and alter
your Config.sys file accordingly.

Old 24-09-2006, 08:54 AM   #12
DSmidgy
Abandonia nerd

Or you can disable CD check.
Open INVADES.EXE in hexeditor and:
goto offset 000D4D7A; Change 75 to 90
goto offset 000D4D7B; Change 33 to 90
DSmidgy is offline                         Send a private message to DSmidgy
Old 25-09-2006, 10:17 PM   #13

Why am I the only one who thinks the review completely sucked ***?

Old 26-09-2006, 11:31 AM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

No, you're not.
It seems to be that author's first - cut him some slack, the fella will most definitely improve.

Or, if you hate this review so much, write a better one instead of whining.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-09-2006, 03:36 PM   #15

It looks like he has a long way to go before his writing is anywhere near acceptable. I used to write like that in middle school.

Accepting crappy reviews like that sure says a lot about the people who run the site.

Old 26-09-2006, 03:52 PM   #16
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

You know, letting posts like yours to stay on this forum sure says a lot about our tolerance too.

At the current point, your entire "contribution" to this thread has only been attacking the reviewer.

I'm not going to say it again again:
If you really really consider this review bad then write your own to replace it!!!
Got that?

Any further posts that attack the reviewer will be removed from this thread.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #17
Juni Ori
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DSmidgy @ Sep 24 2006, 11:54 AM) [snapback]257058[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Or you can disable CD check.
Open INVADES.EXE in hexeditor and:
goto offset 000D4D7A; Change 75 to 90
goto offset 000D4D7B; Change 33 to 90
[/b]
Actually they are both already changed. For some reason it still wanted CD and actually now it doesn't run at all...
Juni Ori is offline                         Send a private message to Juni Ori
Old 29-09-2006, 11:35 AM   #18
arbela47000

Send a message via MSN to arbela47000

Does anyone know how to target artillery? At the moment, I am pressing Alt+F and having the computer do it, but it's quite bad at it. Thanks.
Old 01-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #19
T2

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Sep 26 2006, 03:36 PM) [snapback]257523[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
It looks like he has a long way to go before his writing is anywhere near acceptable. I used to write like that in middle school.

Accepting crappy reviews like that sure says a lot about the people who run the site.
[/b]
It says a lot about this reviewer that he's snarking on somebody who's hosting something for free.
Asshat

Old 09-04-2008, 10:33 AM   #20
rd2971

Default America Invades

I have America Invades running perfectly on my XP Box with DOSBOX 0.72. The hex editor post is correct and easy to do. Check the DOSBOX site, they have good instructions there.

After installing remember to enter: invade /setup for your sound and screen settings.

To target artillery click on the artillery unit while holding down the ALT key - then click on target hex.

Personally I think Stalingrad is the ace in the WaW series. When playing the AI (computer) always take the side on the offensive. The AI plays better as a defender, although is always suspect to encirclement attacks.

To our unfortunate reviewer - Such is life! The doers always get a pasting!

Thanks for your efforts!
rd2971 is offline                         Send a private message to rd2971