Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-01-2019, 01:59 PM   #11
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
Yes, I was like that too, but I preferred to be more practical and limit myself to just a few great sites with no chance of going bankrupt such as Steam, Origin, GOG.com, Gamersgate and Gamesplanet.com.
Actually, I limit myself to Steam only. You can set your preference on Isthereanydeal for this too.

Quote:
I’ve already been refunded by Gamesplanet.com because of the defunct GameDownloads.com (subsidiary of the supposedly solid and reliable IDG). And fortunately I never bought any Indie games on the defunct Desura.com. *phew* *whew*
Oh, I have crapload of Desura games. And all of them are usually side-effect result of mixed Steam/Desura packs here and there. (And I fished out all my Steam keys from it anyway before crash. So nothing to sorry here.
Old 21-01-2019, 04:40 PM   #12
Capo
Unconventional member

the day steam will go bankrupt this planet wont exist anymore

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 21-01-2019, 10:24 PM   #13
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post

Yes, I agree with you. The day Steam crashes, the world will end! I could say the same for GOG.com, Gamersgate, GamesPlanet.com and other big shots (Online Stores).

One thing I’ve always hated on Steam in the past, but I do not know if that is still the case, is that save games storage is not in an obvious place. You need to search and find out where the blessed save games are stored.

Another thing is that I am not sure if even I can find save games, I could use the Save Game Editor... Ugh! I would need to use specific Trainers for Steam developed by CheatHappens.com...

Fortunately, there are now Save Games Editors for PS4 such as Save Wizard and Save Wizard Pro...

Ah, just to clarify: I only use cheats (Trainers, Save Games Editors, Cheat Codes, etc.) when playing alone so as not to waste much time during my scarce moments of leisure. It would be absurd, nonsense I wasting my time and stressing myself that the game was difficult, hard, complex, nightmare, and so on. Leisure is relaxing and stress-free!
Old 22-01-2019, 05:06 PM   #14
Capo
Unconventional member

I never use any cheat so i dont have this problem

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 22-01-2019, 11:04 PM   #15
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
10 Famous Companies That Went Bankrupt or No Longer Exist

But yeah... by the time Steam goes bankrupt, if you're alive, you'll have got your money's worth. And someone else will have to worry about preserving the lost games.
Old 23-01-2019, 02:56 PM   #16
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post

10 Famous Companies That Went Bankrupt or No Longer Exist

But yeah... by the time Steam goes bankrupt, if you're alive, you'll have got your money's worth. And someone else will have to worry about preserving the lost games.
This shows that missing a golden opportunity can be fatal and even irreversible for a company. An erroneous strategic decision, a comfortable management in the comfort zone and resting on the laurels, show the importance of adaptation, speed of decisions and opportunism.

Now, regarding the use of cheats, this would be pragmatic to save game time. It could be compared, but not quite the same, to using Walkthrough as saving time and getting to the point during the game. Have fun without hitting your head or pulling your hair out . Well, it would just be my personal opinion.

Last edited by Mystvan; 23-01-2019 at 03:02 PM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 24-01-2019, 02:17 PM   #17
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I think that, aside of occasional "nightmarish" moments, cheats have no sense. If I cannot play the game as is now, why to cheat? To not able to play it ten minutes later? Oh, come on, I'd better change the game.

I know only one exclusion - action/adventures 80s without saves (like Dizzy, for example) where lives are limited, essentially transforming game into "arcade with some adventuring". I wholehearted welcome cheats that removes this strange limits. Fortunately, since 90s it's always warm saves that awaiting me in case of emergency.
Old 24-01-2019, 07:08 PM   #18
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post

I think that, aside of occasional "nightmarish" moments, cheats have no sense. If I cannot play the game as is now, why to cheat? To not able to play it ten minutes later? Oh, come on, I'd better change the game.

I know only one exclusion - action/adventures 80s without saves (like Dizzy, for example) where lives are limited, essentially transforming game into "arcade with some adventuring". I wholehearted welcome cheats that removes this strange limits. Fortunately, since 90s it's always warm saves that awaiting me in case of emergency.
My Quotes:

Quote:

Well, that would be different points of view... *shrug*

So, since there are people who hate to exercise physically to get out of the comfort zone, I got used to it and I like to exercise physically because it allows me to eat more delicious things to lose weight later...

In this case, there are players who would find it fun to overcome the difficulties of passing on a phase even if they need to (re)try more than 10 times... Or participate in many battles over and over again just to increase the level and skills of their Character... Very common case mainly in Console Games such as PS3 and PS4... Uncharted, Lego Star Wars, etc. which would definitely not be my case.

Just like there are people who prefer the genres of game Action / Adventure / Puzzle / RPG / Strategy, but they dislike Sports. That would be my case. I do not see appeals in Sports games such as Soccer Matches, Racing, etc.
Quote:

Now, compared to the previous post, I would also add the falls of Nokia and Lotus and the declines of LG, Motorola and RIM in Mobile Devices... Wrong strategies, insists, stubbornness and even pride, rest on the laurels... After all, the dynamic Technology Sector does not allow persistent and stubborn misunderstandings... RIP

I own a relic of the past: a Nokia Smartphone in which Symbian is simply horrendous and very bureaucratic... a veritable labyrinth of options, confirmations, complications... pure technological bureaucracy... No wonder why Nokia and RIM arrived at this point, or rather, at the bottom of the well... Or bottom of the Hell...
Old 25-01-2019, 07:18 AM   #19
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystvan View Post
My Quotes:
In this case, there are players who would find it fun to overcome the difficulties of passing on a phase even if they need to (re)try more than 10 times... Or participate in many battles over and over again just to increase the level and skills of their Character... Very common case mainly in Console Games such as PS3 and PS4... Uncharted, Lego Star Wars, etc. which would definitely not be my case.

Just like there are people who prefer the genres of game Action / Adventure / Puzzle / RPG / Strategy, but they dislike Sports. That would be my case. I do not see appeals in Sports games such as Soccer Matches, Racing, etc.
I didn't understand your answer, actually.

Situation 1: You don't like to grind or retry. You don't play this games. I can understand it.

Situation 2: You don't like to grind, so you cheat... But why? If you don't like basic gameplay, why to play the games that built on it, instead finding game that suit you? %) It's like buying the castle, complaining that it haven't window walls and centralized heating, and then removing most of walls, replacing it with glass, bricks and modern wallpapers. It's possible, but why, if you could buy modern apartments right from the start? %)
Old 25-01-2019, 07:42 PM   #20
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Red face

Quote:

I didn't understand your answer, actually.

Situation 1: You don't like to grind or retry. You don't play this games. I can understand it.

Situation 2: You don't like to grind, so you cheat... But why? If you don't like basic gameplay, why to play the games that built on it, instead finding game that suit you? %)
I will make some corrections or updates to what you wrote about me. Yes, I do not want to retry several times in the game.

I am a Collector in the case of PC games. Regarding Console games such as PS3 and PS4, I am an occasional Player in which I can play alone and / or in pairs with my brother. In that case, I still play games for PS3 and PS4, but I am Collector in PC games.

Now, regarding what you wrote about using Cheats in games... I understand your point of view. Yes, that would be a thought or mentality of a Purist Player: orthodox, dogmatic and without using any Cheats. Well, it is a very personal choice, option. And there are many Players who certainly share this “philosophy” of Purist Gamer...

On the other hand, there are also Casual Gamers who are not willing to waste a lot of time with some game features (or phases): heterodox, pragmatic, practical and can use any kind of Cheats. As there is demand for this type of Player, / Gamer there are Companies and Programmers who are willing to develop the Tools of Cheats.

There are Players who are attracted not by the gameplay, but by the story, side quests, etc. and not necessarily by the action scenes, challenges, difficulties, etc...

Quote:

Situation 2: You don't like to grind, so you cheat... But why? If you don't like basic gameplay, why to play the games that built on it, instead finding game that suit you? %) It's like buying the castle, complaining that it haven't window walls and centralized heating, and then removing most of walls, replacing it with glass, bricks and modern wallpapers. It's possible, but why, if you could buy modern apartments right from the start? %)
In relation to the Castle, I also understand your point of view, but there are less Purist opinions...

Examples:

• There are very comfortable European Castles, true hotels, where the Past coexists harmoniously with Technology with all Comfort and Luxury;
• There are Luxury Lodges in African Safaris where there are Nature, Animals, Luxury and Comfort. Nothing of Bonfire, the hard floor as Bed and nor the stone like Pillow;
• There are Native American Tents where Traditions, Luxury and Comfort coexist;
• The Purist Motorsport Fans should dislike BMW with front-wheel drive;
• The Purist Motorsport Fans must dislike Super Sports Cars like Tesla in which there are none of the powerful Engine Noise. All for the sake of Nature...

The above examples may sound pure heresy to the Purists... However, Companies and People are being pragmatic and taking advantage of opportunities in the Market for Goods and Services... Business is Business. $$$$$

All this occurs because there are many diversity of tastes, opinions, choices so that there is Supply of Goods and Services for the respective Demand for Goods and Services. This is the Economic and Productive reality of our World... Business is Business. $$$$$

Money Rules the World! $$$$$

Well, it is just my personal opinion...