Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-05-2016, 08:43 AM   #11
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

As I see, "Requests" didn't work too good after Japo left.

So, I can say that: I can offer quite a bit of requested games for the site. But I will not review it - my English is too far from good, and my literature talents is even worse.

So my offer: if someone want to review any game that missing on site, tell me, I'll try to found this game in my archives.
Old 13-05-2016, 08:53 AM   #12
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
... my English is too far from good, and my literature talents is even worse.
Which would be unaccaptable, since we only host perfect English reviews with high literal value for future generations

To play or not to play... this old game...
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 13-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #13
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Do you have any nice educational games? Sims? Cute adventures maybe? I wouldn't mind reviewing some games like that.

Promise my reviews will be delivered in English that passes muster for this site

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 13-05-2016, 08:27 PM   #14
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Educational games is only category that I definitely haven't much over usual suspects. Anything else I have in spades, or can aquire. Give me the name, and I'll look into it.
Old 14-05-2016, 10:42 PM   #15
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Could you maybe make some sort of list of what you have?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."

Last edited by marko river; 15-05-2016 at 03:54 PM. Reason: merged because of double post
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 16-05-2016, 07:58 AM   #16
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Umm... Well, I have about 20K games locally, and also know where to get all games from the former HOTU site, some rare adventures and shooters, some warez collections, DOS Collection, and have access to the bigger Russian old game preservation site (that is www.old-games.ru).

But is it matters? Every such game must go thru "approved" procedure, so maybe it's easier to take something from this list, to shorten the selection?
Old 16-05-2016, 01:42 PM   #17
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

old-games.ru rocks! or some of those russian sites that might have similar name. I remember found lot of gems.

I managed to find and download certain Crazy Collection of rips on CD from russian forum with combine strength of serbian-russian similarites and gTranslate. That was awesome, I had only 2 CDs back in the days and they had fullworking rips...

And I haven't visited Ultimate DOS collection in years. So it's good to have you around, spectre Do hang around

arete, can you choose some good or at least known educational or kids game? I think 1st June is children's day, so yeah
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 16-05-2016, 02:44 PM   #18
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
I managed to find and download certain Crazy Collection of rips on CD from russian forum with combine strength of serbian-russian similarites and gTranslate. That was awesome, I had only 2 CDs back in the days and they had fullworking rips...
If you are speaking about true "Crazy Collection" thing, it's rather from former torrents.ru (now rutracker.org). It have awesome selection of movies, books and TV series and quite amazing selection of scanned books. (I recommend them for this for everyone - most items are with English sound at least. And they are banned in Russia already anyway. ). But their games amount are quite limited. They have most of wide-spreaded rip collections, yes. Unlike old-games.ru that used the same approach as Abandonia: one game, one review, one fileset selection.
Quote:
And I haven't visited Ultimate DOS collection in years. So it's good to have you around, spectre Do hang around
Thank you. Actually I am speaking about Total DOS collection, that is (already) bigger and much better organized.
Quote:
arete, can you choose some good or at least known educational or kids game? I think 1st June is children's day, so yeah
Umm... As I said, educational games are not extremely popular in the Internet, so there could be the problems. arete, if you plan to review _something_, please, choose more than one, for me to found at least some of them.
Old 18-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #19
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
If you are speaking about true "Crazy Collection" thing...
Well I couldn't know what CC is in its entirety, just had a small game portion of everything. Yes, it is not oldgames.ru, although I found many games there that I couldn't find elsewhere, but CC I found on forum with torrent links. I liked that games CDs I could get my hands back in the days because they had interesting rips of various DOS and Win games. Something I wanted to get my hands again during one of my abandonia reviews writing craze

Quote:
Thank you. Actually I am speaking about Total DOS collection, that is (already) bigger and much better organized.
Yeah, you probably guessed what I was referring to Ultimaty is just that bunch of games, most of them easy to find. Total was that place that managed the full list by years and what archives they were still missing, right? That was very good approach.

So, if you are eager to find something for us here is the quest: Popo Car, but that can be played. I never remembered how I got the game but it was not from internet. Had some fun with it and wanted to put it on abandonia. Later, al archives I found on net were not cracked and couldn't be played. It runs but can't play it properly because of protection. I do remember seeing both English and japanese version, though.
Old 19-05-2016, 01:06 PM   #20
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by marko river View Post
Well I couldn't know what CC is in its entirety, just had a small game portion of everything. Yes, it is not oldgames.ru, although I found many games there that I couldn't find elsewhere, but CC I found on forum with torrent links. I liked that games CDs I could get my hands back in the days because they had interesting rips of various DOS and Win games. Something I wanted to get my hands again during one of my abandonia reviews writing craze
Hmm. Language barrier, it seems, because I didn't understand what do you mean exactly... But just in case I'll repeat links!

Crazy Collection. 17 issues. Full warez releases (usually), sometimes from the rare sources.

Classic Fond. 60 main discs and 9 "extras" (that partially repeat main ones). Rips, sometimes cutted too bad, some broken, but sheer amount of games makes it quite unique.

200 best games. 19 discs. Rips, some "borrowed" from the forementioned collections, some original. Each disc have exactly 200 games, and there are thematic ones, so games often repeated from disc to disc.

So, if you want to dig in (semi)trash - you are welcome.

Quote:
So, if you are eager to find something for us here is the quest: Popo Car, but that can be played. I never remembered how I got the game but it was not from internet. Had some fun with it and wanted to put it on abandonia. Later, al archives I found on net were not cracked and couldn't be played. It runs but can't play it properly because of protection. I do remember seeing both English and japanese version, though.
Sounds like the task. Thank you, I'll check it!