Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-08-2006, 11:43 PM   #41
Gary

Hi all, i have to say this is one of my fav games. i would like some help with it, i am having problems trying to sort out the voices on it. i have looked at the HOTU to try and get the files but no luck yet can anyone help me out with it, like i siad its one of my fav games and i would lov to play it again with full voices on it. if anyone can help email me at e-mail removed thanks all

Please do not post e-mails on the message board. This is mainly to protect you from spam bots. Thanks!

Old 25-08-2006, 03:54 AM   #42

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Fawfulhasfury @ Aug 23 2006, 05:07 PM) [snapback]250599[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Listen up. The file limit for games on this site is 75 mbs. The HOTU version of Discworld exceeds that limit. If you want the HOTU version of discworld, go to HOTU. But stop complaining about it here. brain_viking.gif

As far as saving, have you actually pressed F1 and clicked save? Or will it not save period? I'll try to see if I can figure out where my instructions go wrong.
[/b]

First of all Clown-man. I wasn't complaining about this place not having the HOTU version. But about me getting neither to work satisfactorily. 'Aight? ;D

Second, yes I tried pressing F1. And I tried clicking save. And it won't save period. If I hadn't tried pressing F1 I'd have more likely asked 'so how DO you save anyway?' Note that I didn't.

Old 25-08-2006, 09:57 AM   #43

Mine won't save either. I press F1, type in the save name, hit the tick and then next time I go there it's disappeared. I have a folder called SAVE in the same folder with the disc.bat file like it says in the instructions but that game is still not saving.

Old 25-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #44
DonCorleone
Hero Gamer

Maybe this 'Decode.exe' thingy solves the problem...

Never played this game and I dunno if I will. I remeber that I tested one of the series for just five minutes and didn't like it somehow. I think I was too much used to Lucasarts and Sierra. If that isn't the point, I don't know why I hated it back in the days...
Tell me: why am I completely wrong?
DonCorleone is offline                         Send a private message to DonCorleone
Old 25-08-2006, 12:27 PM   #45
discworld

Thanks for this great game. now all we need is discworld 2 that game will just top it of to you being the best site in the world. :brain: :w00t: :bleh:

Old 25-08-2006, 01:22 PM   #46
Tupperware Ninja

I downloaded the game, did the whole process with the Decoder.EXE fix. Unpacked it, replaced the english.xyz file, and then ran the game.

By itself: No sound.

Run with VDMS: No Sound.

Any ideas?

Old 25-08-2006, 05:00 PM   #47
Guest_Chris_*

Okay, I downloaded the one of of HOTU, applied the fix, and unpacked it, but I can't find where it put the files. Can anybody help?

Old 25-08-2006, 05:05 PM   #48
chainsoar
Master Debater

Looks like a great game, I never realised the Discworld game series went back that far. If it was even worth trying to run anything on this piece of junk I call my pc (or more frequently "YOU COMPLETE AND TOTAL B***ARD!") then I'd download it and give it a go. I've been reading the Discworld series for years now, and it pleases me to see that all the games made based upon it haven't let the name down.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 25-08-2006, 10:59 PM   #49
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

@Tupperware Ninja:
I had this same problem, but i think it might just be your not waiting long enough. There's no actual sound until the little movie starts or the game does. If you're expecting sound as soon as you start the DISC.bat file (or DWB) and end it straight away, you might just think you don't have sound. Be patient, i was and was rewarded with sound . Then again, the music really isn't anything to write home about, so if the sound doesn't work, you might want to just have some normal music running in the background . Hope this's helped.

Also to those people having trouble saving I also found i couldn't save if i played Discworld on XP, but it worked fine when i saved it on dosbox. Hope that helps too
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 26-08-2006, 04:39 AM   #50

Hi i have a question formo the game, that i dont know if the game have a bug or im beign too impacient.
Well the fact is that i use the pickpocket whith the pocket of the barber, Ricewind do so, put his hand in the pocket, but i get nothing. Im sure that if a can do that im must get somthing back.
Ijust want to check that.
Thanks.
(the game is great, and i can save, and got sound if anyone wants to know)