Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-10-2012, 09:58 PM   #22
kad3t
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to kad3t

Alright, I've managed to finish the game on normal and will play it on classic + ironman mode soon. Here's my thoughts on it:

1. The game is buggy. Real buggy. I mean if you launch two interceptors at same time the map freezes on zoom permanently till the end of game. Tanks (I really don't rememeber the new name for those) often brake as in I had few and they just bugged out so badly that I couldn't assign a single one to my Skyranger. Last mission... Had to re-star it cause last room entry bugged out on me allowing only 3 out of 6 soldiers to go in... It's buggy as hell but...

2. ...but it's good nonetheless. It's most definitely the best reenactment of original. We had some other UFO games over the years but all of them were lacking that *something*. Something that's hard to describe but is a pure definition of gameplay.

3. It's much much MUCH simpler and shorter than original. Not being able to run few missions at same time and also having all the reasearch run out half-way through the game is bit disappointing but does not brake the overall feel.

4. And overall feel is - it's a good game, bit too much console-oriented but still tactically demanding and fun. Also with some patching and possible DLC it could be the best turn-based tactics have to offer these days.