Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-12-2009, 05:58 PM   #11
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talkie View Post
Why are you replying for him, Fifth? Were you involved in this exchange?
I'm telling you what I know of it, and let's leave it at that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 06-12-2009, 05:36 AM   #12
Talkie
Forum hobbit

Why would someone want to keep a copy of Golden Immortal to themselves, that's what amazes me. I understand it's one of the early exclusive Cd-Rom title (never exactly researched the rumour that it was adapted from a PC Engine title). But I hear that it's rather crappy.

At this point, if I can get the names of who programmed this title, or who owned Motherlode, I may as well reach them.

Talkie
Talkie is offline                         Send a private message to Talkie
Old 06-12-2009, 10:35 AM   #13
Saccade
[BANNED]

Quote:
Why would someone want to keep a copy of Golden Immortal to themselves
Because we're part of an underground, secret consipiracy to keep you from playing the game, Talkie...

Really, all of us here have played this game many, many times and, when we noticed you signing up, we though:
"SHIT! We CANNOT let Talkie EVERY get his hands on a copy of this game!"

So we fabricated this occult agreement with Dragom to insure that Golden Immortal never, ever reached your computer.

---
nah, not really...
If I were Dragom, I'd upload them in a flash. But Dragom seems to be more of a gent than the rest of us grog-swilling, barnacle-infested, men-of-low-moral-fibre (pirates) and actually honours such agreements as these.
'Til death do them part.

One day, we'll find a copy of this game.
One day, we'll all be very disappointed with it.
One day, we'll wonder why we ever wanted to play it in the first place.]

(i'm not bitter )
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 07-12-2009, 02:47 AM   #14
Talkie
Forum hobbit

Is there a list of those titles that Dragom has a hold on but can't diffuse for various personal reasons (other than that this site wouldn't allow them)?

Maybe others could help with them.
Talkie is offline                         Send a private message to Talkie
Old 07-12-2009, 05:30 AM   #15
bobson
Game is over

You can always PM Dragom and get all of the answers directly from that person. That would be a good solution IMO.
Old 07-12-2009, 11:39 PM   #16
Dragom
Game freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Someone gave him the copy of the game, but made him swear he won't give it to anyone he doesn't trust to not share it around.
Keeping a given word is a bitch.
Absolutely - I mostly like the bitch part. (if I understand your slang correctly...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saccade View Post
Because we're part of an underground, secret consipiracy to keep you from playing the game,
"SHIT! We CANNOT let Talkie EVERY get his hands on a copy of this game!"
So we fabricated this occult agreement with Dragom to insure that Golden Immortal never, ever reached your computer.
Why have you done this? Why are you revealing The Secrets ?

Quote:
Why would someone want to keep a copy of Golden Immortal to themselves, that's what amazes me. I understand it's one of the early exclusive Cd-Rom title (never exactly researched the rumour that it was adapted from a PC Engine title). But I hear that it's rather crappy.
At this point, if I can get the names of who programmed this title, or who owned Motherlode, I may as well reach them.
Ok, now you know... (the conspiracy...)
Well, I suppose some would use rare games to get ...more rare games... I did that once... and I might feel tempted to do it again to get "The Romantic Blue". However I don't like this "methods". Beyond that, there are the greedy and the sick (mentally) - I guess I crossed ways with some, but that is not my department.
As about crappy: aren't they - almost all, the so called rare games? isn't that the main reason they are rare?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi, everybody.
All “this” started with my request for this game. At that time, I was NOT aware that AB “demands” a review and some screenshots in order to have a game displayed...
My intention was to call as much attention as possible for it, so it might happen that someone could come up offering to share it. That’s why I mentioned somewhere the screenshots, which, btw, are displayed at The Legacy, for everyone...
I thought, for a moment that all was “explained”, not just because of my answers to early questions – BTW, I thought the “P” in PM would stand for Private, and not for Public... – not just with my private reply, but also by supporting a guess from another member who read well my words (in another thread, and like FH just did here).
FH is right when he tries to explain the situation. I thank him his words, I understand what he says but he should bear in mind he’s still too young – no offence - to expect surprising this old man.

Now that this topic came this far, I have to say clearly that I can’t share G.I. (for the time being, at least) - the bitch thing as FH put it so well. And it is NOT hypocrisy when I express my wish to see it available for everybody. That is why I “requested” it – I really am requesting this game. And I will buy it, if I can, and then I will share it.

Beyond that, I can only say that I can share more than 99% of my games, and that was the main reason I started “frequenting” AB. I think that is all what matters, for now... (but I will try to find elements for Talkie's search)
Thank you all

Last edited by Paco; 04-12-2010 at 03:03 PM. Reason: edited post to not break up forum format
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Old 07-12-2009, 11:56 PM   #17
Dragom
Game freak

Default Golden Immortal - Correction

I am sorry: this game main info and credits are not yet displayed at The Legacy as I mentioned in my last post.
Thanks
Dragom is offline                         Send a private message to Dragom
Old 04-12-2010, 03:01 PM   #18
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

[APPROVED]
Old 20-01-2011, 06:31 PM   #19
LegTaste

I'll nullify the efforts of these moronic collectors soon enough, i've got an MDF file that i'll look to upload soonish/once i can get it running.

I haven't got the game working yet, but just browsing through some of the game files and videos, it looks pretty awful.

The fact that so little is known about it is the only reason anyone would want it

Dragom, if you cared so much about letting others experience it, whats stopping you from putting some gameplay videos up on youtube?

Also expect the romantic blue soonish (not too soon though)

Last edited by LegTaste; 20-01-2011 at 07:06 PM.
LegTaste is offline                         Send a private message to LegTaste