Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #11
U-Boat Commander David
Abandonia nerd

Settle your differences with a duel, like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjEV5okiUPg

U-Boat Commander David is offline                         Send a private message to U-Boat Commander David
Old 04-05-2009, 09:10 PM   #12
Danny252
I have a custom title!

Get your dad to put a password on his PC, and then turn the thing off? Or if they must have access, have it so they can only run approved .exe files (it must be possible somehow).
Old 12-05-2009, 05:30 AM   #13
ianfreddie07
wat

*Bump*

Hmm... I think I'm not going to do anything about this bot bickering anymore.

They're family. They mean a lot to me. Their happiness means a lot to me, even if the same can't be said about them. If they're happy that I won't interfere with their botting, then they're happy. If I have to sacrifice my own happiness for theirs, fine. That's what THEY want. I'm the youngest anyway, so what power do I have to stop them? Oh well.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #14
red_avatar
Administrator

Tssk, if they don't feel that way, you shouldn't either. They'll just abuse the room you give them. I've fucked with my brother plenty of times if he annoyed me and trust me, that was a LOT of time.

Besides, botting is wrong. I know there's an entire botting culture in Asia, but it's heavily frowned upon in the West for a reason. A lot of games will ban you if they suspect botting. It ruins the game for people who play a game the honest way and it fucks up the game's economy. It makes prices drop to a level where people who play it the right way aren't getting enough for their hard work while botters are swimming in money and even end up selling gold online which results in the value of gold dropping as well.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 12-05-2009, 05:51 AM   #15
ianfreddie07
wat

It's a free MMORPG, with paid items.

Hmmm... I've always had in mind that the bots defeat the purpose of the MMORPG, and ruins games for people who play in an honest way. But hey, everyone does that now, and I don't see people playing honestly when it comes to MMOs... Worse still, almost everyone here in the house supports it. Be it my 2 eldest brothers, my cousin, my neighbor (who also bots). My special child brother is against botting, but won't give a shit about me when he's at the PC. Then when I tell this to my dad he'll only say "Don't drag me in your fighting over the PC"
Old 12-05-2009, 06:39 AM   #16
El Quia
Abandonia Homie

Maybe you can do what I tried to do when I was a teenager but failed miserably due to lack of willpower (yeah, doesn't sounds very promising, does it?)? You could try getting a job that doesn't interfere with your studies (doesn't need to be a proper job, it could be doing odd jobs around for a couple of buck, I don't know if I am getting my point across well) and save to buy your own PC. That way, you will have all your right to lock it up and use it on your terms (well, except some general rules you could have at your home, like a limit on the quantity of hours per day you could be at it. I don't know, each family can have weird rules like this).

I don't know you, nor your family nor your situation in the cultural context of your country, but I could think this could help you in your situation and maybe your father will even support you for this (I have seen that parents tend to like their sons working hard to obtain what they want and not just waiting for it to be granted to them).

I hope my grasp of english let get my point across clearly. I don't know if this counsel will help you or not. But I think it may. Do with it as you wish.
El Quia is offline                         Send a private message to El Quia
Old 12-05-2009, 07:10 AM   #17
ianfreddie07
wat

I live in the Philippines, and getting a job is tough. I'm not into work during my teen-hood.
Old 12-05-2009, 08:37 AM   #18
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

As stated in chatbox, I like the big stick idea. That, and a key named Delete.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 14-05-2009, 03:56 AM   #19
Talin
Game freak

okay, wait until they are asleep and tie them to their beds and smack them both with a soap inside a sock. alot.

that would teach them.
Talin is offline                         Send a private message to Talin
Old 14-05-2009, 08:34 AM   #20
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talin View Post
okay, wait until they are asleep and tie them to their beds and smack them both with a soap inside a sock. alot.

that would teach them.
The alternate thing to smack them with would be a wet fish. A little comical, maybe, but it stings like hell.

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN