Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-03-2015, 03:37 AM   #171
Ripperian
Forum hobbit

Ok, I figured out. You must left money in the warehouse when you are sailing.

Ripperian is offline                         Send a private message to Ripperian
Old 06-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #172
Traderman1981

I did another few games and I am far away from last result, even I tried hard. My actual record is 250k company value (last was 412k or so). I really would like to have buged version that not ends in 1880, so I could enjoy longer those 2000t steamers.

Old 12-05-2017, 12:42 PM   #173
Tax advisor
Cool No Taxes

Have you ever imagined not to pay taxes. This is however the only i way i was
ever able to make profits.
Sure i may be a exploit in the game or just a loophole in the tax system.
Always before the end of the year sell all your ships, and no taxes will be claimed.
This way i also never have to repair a ship, just sell it and rebuy it in January, it might
be a bit of a loss with a new ship but as the ships get older it becomes quite cheaper
than to repair it.
As well with the crew, i set the captians order on hard, set down the payment a little, they will take it for a year until they are totaly exhausted, get rid of them and get a new fresh crew.
Also for example the tea run from Bombay, (build a warehouse there) i only buy the ship in begining of March, start exactly from the 17th when tea harvest is ready, straight to London(Always get the bonus) and back with Machines, Tools, Textiles. And sell the ship right away when in Bombay. Saves the payment of the crew for the not so lucrative months..

This way i come up to 200k the first 15 years. However i guess if you want to play a record breaking game you will miss the downtime of the ships between December and January (often longer) and canīt do some long runs.

Iīve seen some good advices for traiding routes and which ship to take in the forum, will try them without tax cheating, but when i want to get rid off a ship, most likely i will do it before the 30th of December to save taxes.

Canīt belive iīm still playing a game from 1992 in 2017, i guess the challenge of the game
to make any profit at all makes it so interessting to me.

Old 22-06-2017, 01:56 PM   #174
Unregistered1234
Default Harvesting times

Hello,

can anyone tell me the harvest times.
There was a chart for it around but unfortunately the download link expired.

Thank you

Old 04-08-2017, 08:32 PM   #175
Alois_Bembel

Exclamation

Please find attached some screenshots of my game with a company value of 772K $.
In all modesty, all my games end up with at least 600K $.
On page 11 of this thread I described my way of trading.

Just look at the development chart ("Entwicklung"). The bars start rising up from the bottom (next to the "Ende"-button), because they are to high.
When I reach 512K $, the game crashes totally, when clicking on development. I have to ignore this button until the company value exceeds about 640K $, then it can be displayed without a bug

On September 23, 2005, I gained a company value of 913.863,30 $. I have never been this successful anymore. The reason for this value was that the game evaluated huge demands of all goods for a long period of time.

On the last screenshot you can see the way I name the ships: Name+capacity+year of order. So I always have a good overview.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Entwicklung.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	37.0 KB
ID:	2202  Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmenwert_Grafik.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	2203  Click image for larger version

Name:	Firmenwert_Zahl.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	36.9 KB
ID:	2204  Click image for larger version

Name:	GUV.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	2205  Click image for larger version

Name:	Schiffsnamen.jpg
Views:	308
Size:	76.0 KB
ID:	2206  

Last edited by Alois_Bembel; 04-08-2017 at 08:56 PM.
Alois_Bembel is offline                         Send a private message to Alois_Bembel
Old 06-08-2017, 03:26 AM   #176
Capo
Unconventional member

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 27-08-2017, 10:11 AM   #177
fahmi
Lurker

Cool Beat This 1.055.178,60

Much more is hardly possible, also the game gets buggy when you hit the 1.000.000 canīt display the company worth anymore.
In the last 10 years itīs really hard to find a port with demand of goods, not sure how the game deals with that since itīs allways different.
If you wonder the last two screenshots with arround 1.500.000 are with the biggest loan i could get, so itīs not the real company worth..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1869 Record small.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	108.6 KB
ID:	2248  Click image for larger version

Name:	1869 Record small2.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	142.4 KB
ID:	2249  
fahmi is offline                         Send a private message to fahmi
Old 08-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #178
Traderman1981
Default good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alois_Bembel View Post
Please find attached some screenshots of my game with a company value of 772K $.
In all modesty, all my games end up with at least 600K $.
On page 11 of this thread I described my way of trading.

Just look at the development chart ("Entwicklung"). The bars start rising up from the bottom (next to the "Ende"-button), because they are to high.
When I reach 512K $, the game crashes totally, when clicking on development. I have to ignore this button until the company value exceeds about 640K $, then it can be displayed without a bug

On September 23, 2005, I gained a company value of 913.863,30 $. I have never been this successful anymore. The reason for this value was that the game evaluated huge demands of all goods for a long period of time.

On the last screenshot you can see the way I name the ships: Name+capacity+year of order. So I always have a good overview.
Great idea with naming Ships with Cargo capacity!

Also, I admire of your company value, its really impressive Great work, man!!!

Old 23-09-2018, 11:10 AM   #179
Alois_Bembel

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahmi View Post
Much more is hardly possible, also the game gets buggy when you hit the 1.000.000 canīt display the company worth anymore.
In the last 10 years itīs really hard to find a port with demand of goods, not sure how the game deals with that since itīs allways different.
If you wonder the last two screenshots with arround 1.500.000 are with the biggest loan i could get, so itīs not the real company worth..
Hi Fahmi, can you tell all of us your formula of success, please?
Alois_Bembel is offline                         Send a private message to Alois_Bembel
Old 07-12-2018, 06:55 PM   #180
jamotide
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderman1981 View Post
There is somwhere my post made few years ago. For those who want to make BIG cash in 1869 game, folow this:
method
How can this work? Melbourne only buys a fraction of the wine, nevermind the following textiles and rubber aren't in demand enough even for the first trip. I just tried!
jamotide is offline                         Send a private message to jamotide