Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Introductions, Farewells and Returns
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-08-2017, 08:14 AM   #11
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

I just checkout HotU and the format is not like a forum.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 02-08-2017, 08:16 AM   #12
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Hello irenejacob... I was once new too. Just hang in there and people will eventually get to know you.
tienkhoanguyen is offline                         Send a private message to tienkhoanguyen
Old 03-08-2017, 09:03 AM   #13
tienkhoanguyen
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilex View Post
I've been around since before the site existed. Found my way to here probably via HotU back in the day. Surprisingly never registered, couldn't tell ya why could be a number of reasons. Mainly I was shy of posting on forum perhaps. Think it took me 7 years before I finally made my first post (anywhere) in 2007 since I got online in ~2000. Or was simply too lazy or had nothing smart to say hehe. I guess you could consider this me marking my 10th anniversary of posting

I still prefer playing old DOS games using trusty DOSBox configured to my needs. These days I treat myself with a nice CD/talkie versions of games unlike ripped ones in the past without exceptions. Over the years I've gotten pretty good at DOSBox so perhaps you'll see me helping some poor soul here and there.
I don't have a genre preference, only thing that matters to me that it's a good game and I'll play it sooner or later. They can't hide forever.

New games don't attract me anymore. They're focused on short and forgettable jolts of adrenaline without class. I see 5 seconds of trailer and I know there's nothing for me there. Newest game I played was Alien Isolation (6 months ago) and it was an exception, before that Deus Ex: Human Revolution. Those are really good ones. DE:HR even shoot up to 2nd best game of all time for me!

What else... aha I'm sorting my Panzer General copy so I can 1-click play it at a later time and in gathering all the "goodies" I grabbed the Manual from the site here. That's how I got here now. So after all this time I think a Thank you from me is in order

It's a great sight to behold knowing that a bunch of old games are kept in good hands and a community closely knitted together helping each other out. And I noticed the number or sites dedicated to old games in increasing, that pleases me greatly.
Hi Nilex,

Welcome to the forum. You'll notice I'm one of the biggest talker here besides cutie Myst hehe Don't get us wrong there are other big talkers like Capo Japo and Mighty Midget and smiley. They just recede in the background to be kind around here. Feel free to talk and express your anger. That's what we are here for. Don't be shy. I like originals on CDs too however I am saving money big time there days. I like how they have animated graphics of quality and full CD content too. Unlike myself who makes andrenaline rush intros for DOS since my short time on DOS scene.

Oh! Don't get me wrong. There are other big talkies here like Mrs. LuLu Jane and The Fifth Horseman that has been banned temporarily. And Others like defender of God killer. etc. We might not be around since 2000 and last 20 years however we love DOS.

Clusek is nice in allowing some Windows stuffs to get by though hint hint hehe

There are many others here so you are smarter than me waiting around for a while before you reply. I'm sure we are all grateful for your replies. I know we all need helping hands. I only know the basics of DOSBox and some niche areas so your expertise would probably replace dosraider's who is once one of the most valued member of the community.