Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-01-2011, 11:40 PM   #11
greenalien

So how do I free people from jail?
greenalien is offline                         Send a private message to greenalien
Old 20-04-2011, 10:21 AM   #12
dxlogan

Hi guys, new here.

I have posted how to get this game to install in the Troubleshooting thread, if you need help.

And I really wanna know if anybody can share some guides on how to play this game. I have really no idea how to win (argh..my bad gaming sense) but I am seriously interested in this game. If you played this, shoot me an email alright? =)

Thanks!
dxlogan is offline                         Send a private message to dxlogan
Old 20-04-2011, 10:22 AM   #13
dxlogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenalien View Post
So how do I free people from jail?
No idea. Do you wait for them to "time out" from their jail times?
dxlogan is offline                         Send a private message to dxlogan
Old 21-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #14
Silencium

Ok, here are some things I've found out:

1) A person's health is divided into 4 stages: Good - Poor - Critical - Deceased(dead). If you, say, attack a person with one agent, his/her health goes down by one (from "Good" to "Poor"). If you attack him/her with 3 agents, his/her health goes down by three (=dead). Weapons seem to give the agent a bonus while attacking, so one agent with a weapon might reduce the health of a person not just by one but by two or three.

To attack: Mark military Agent -> Mark Place -> Mark Victim -> "Attack Person at Place"

To attack with weaopn: Mark military Agent -> Mark weapon from inventory -> Mark Place -> Mark Victim -> "Attack Person at Place using weapon"

2) Agents can't see what persons and things are at a location (which means that there is no person or box icon at the location window). To change this you have to let one of your "political agents" spy either on the building or on the entire area ( the later one is better because you can see more buildings and not just one)

To spy on villages: Mark political Agent -> Mark Place -> "Spy on people and materials at Village XYZ

3) You can get people on your side and make friends with them (their flag icon changes to blue next to their name). To do this you have to use different propaganda actions. One, which you can always use, is to print posters or leaflets with the help of a student. If you do this, say, in a village full of people with red flags, their attitude towards you will change from neutral to blue (so I haven't figured out how much it changes, but repeating the propaganda actions two or more times at the same location seems to let people become more and more "blue flagged" at the location and the surroundings)

To make propaganda posters (or leaflets): Mark propaganda agent -> Mark poster printer (or leaflet printer) from inventory -> Mark place -> Mark student -> "Create anti goverment posters with student and distribute them at place"

4) Almost every building has something useful, like gold, cash, weapons or other things. You can either sabotage or steal them. The later one is very useful since you can then use those items to, say, bribe one.

To steal item: Mark any agent -> Mark place -> Mark item from place-box -> "Steal item from Place"

To sabotage item: Mark any agent -> Mark place -> Mark item from place-box -> "Sabotage item from Place"

5) You can create anti goverment newspaper with the help of one person working at the newspaper. You need money to "convince" him to help you (haven't tested yet if you can also bribe him with other things like shoes or computers etc.). Same thing goes for radio or tv, BUT when you try to host a radio or tv broadcast, you will get an info from your agent "Broadcast will be transmitted at DAY 3 TIME 16" which means that the action will not immediately take place, but at the time give by the agent. Sometimes the action fails and there is police and whatnot at the place. Don't now why yet.

To create newspaper: Mark propaganda agent -> Mark cash from inventory -> Mark place -> Mark person -> "Create anty goverment newspaper with person at place"

6) Every person has two books, which you can either open and read if the person is an agent or a person with a blue flag. The left one informs you about new things, the right one about old things. If a person does or hears something new, the information from the left book moves into the right book, and the new information is written down into the left book. For example, if you attack someone, your agent will write that down into the left book. Some days later the same agent might steal something from a house. He writes that down into the left book WHILE the information about the attack goes into the right book. Next time he does something new, the information about the stealing goes into the right book and so on....

-#-#-#NOTE#-#-#-#-
I will eventually edit this post in case I (or someone) finds out something new about the game. Some things I would like to know are:
- How can I blackmail someone without having the operation fail every time? And what effect does it have on the person?
- Are items, which are stolen from a building, being replaced over time or are there new items being brought into a building after some time?
- How to free people/agents from the jail?
- What effect has it to sabotage certain items? I guess that damaging a newsprint at the news agency prohibits them from publishing pro goverment newspaper, but what effect does it have to sabotage a "candy bar" or a "t-shirt"?!
- One of my agents was imprisoned, but soon sent free. I checked his left book and it said something like "I am at HOUSE with PERSON, everything ok". I checked out the PERSON and it was an Officer or Sergeant with a blue flag next to the name. Can someone confirm if Officers or Sergeants try to free your agents if they are friends with you (=> blue flagged)?

Last edited by Silencium; 21-04-2011 at 01:07 PM.
Silencium is offline                         Send a private message to Silencium