Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2006, 07:55 AM   #241
navarro
Abandonia nerd

You mean a shareware version of streetwars?! I'd like to see that!

@Olaf. Post here a list of the settings you have made for constructor. (Everthing, like did you tick the "behave inteligently" box, or the "use XMS" or "game need loadfix" box, stuff like that. Maybe I can give you some advice...

edit:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Olaf @ Jul 17 2006, 04:33 PM) [snapback]243648[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
And i can't find anything in FAQ or on Forums

about crashing to windows with the message : "Unable to find Movie File"

It's quite annoying because i was starting to enjoy the game, i've been playing for like a hour and a half when the game crashes
[/b]
Ahaaaaaaaaaaah. I thout this message occured to you (becasue it happend to me too) BEFORE starting the game. Well that has nothing to do with the dosbox or your sistem. Let me explain:

If you've been playing the game for only 1h 30 mins, you probably get sacked for some reason: debt at the bank, land usage of your estates (not enough), to many black marks you get from unsatisfied tenants, failure to fullfill a task given by the city council (dunno wich of these, but I'm quite sure it is one of them). Well, when you get sacked, a movie is played (like some sort of an "outro"). And the game ends, anyway. Because the abandonia version is not 100% complete (missing movie filex and probably other not so important crap fo the game)... there you have it.
Just start a new game try to go with it. Let us now if it works.
navarro is offline                         Send a private message to navarro
Old 05-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #242

If you have any question about how to play this game, visit svatopluk.com. There you can answers to some of your basic questions. It helped me a lot k:

Old 05-08-2006, 06:56 PM   #243
navarro
Abandonia nerd

By the way. Ar there any trainers for the game? THe chets don't work in windows.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:31 PM   #244
gustavo

I'm really thankful. I have the CD and since I upgraded to win XP i haven't been able to play this game. I downloaded this constructor.zip and just copied the game.exe to the previos installed (full instalation) dir ,opened it on dosbox and changed de cycles to 10000 and it worked really good. With vids and all languages and everything. I just completed the first mission now. :brain: I've never done this before.

Old 12-08-2006, 11:22 AM   #245

When I try to run this game, it gives me the error; Error = Unable to locate network drivers...

I'm not all that good with a computer, but it was one of my favorite ones back then... Help anyone?

Old 12-08-2006, 12:16 PM   #246
Dayzee

Can anyone tell me how to add the movie files from my CD to dosbox plz? when i copy the whole lot to dos box it says it needs to run from d drive and i followed tutorial instructions to run from c drive all the time. I have searched thread but no joy

thanks in advance

Old 14-08-2006, 01:34 AM   #247

wonderfull, thnx to the person who explained how to deal with the lag (cause it was annoying).

Old 15-08-2006, 03:46 PM   #248

I have downloaded it and extracted all the files. i double-click on game and a black screen appears then another one straight after it filling the whole screen, it has a few lines of writing on it and it goes away within a few seconds. i have not dowbloaded dosbox or anything like that.

Please help me!!!!!

Old 15-08-2006, 03:50 PM   #249
navarro
Abandonia nerd

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Aug 15 2006, 03:46 PM) [snapback]248719[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I have downloaded it and extracted all the files. i double-click on game and a black screen appears then another one straight after it filling the whole screen, it has a few lines of writing on it and it goes away within a few seconds. i have not dowbloaded dosbox or anything like that.

Please help me!!!!!
[/b]
Well, do that wich you said you haven't firs! It happend to all others who run on win98,xp,me etc.
Old 15-08-2006, 04:01 PM   #250

thanx say i know its a big ask but could you sort of help me step by step or whenevr i have problems

p.s just out or interest do u support Rapid or Steau(sp)