Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 04-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #1
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

First of all i wanna say that i went through all topics with "esa" in them. Don't think that i just poped-in with this. Also, i write thisad as contributor to the site, wishing that this site keeps on growing.

First of all, i want to send some praises for oldwarez list. Now, since this list will NEVER have all the titles, i'm having trouble determining is the game protected by ESA or any other way.

So i'm asking for this: some place on the site (maybe in forum, why not) where i'll find the list of all companies whose games abandonia can't host.

Since companies mixed-up and ESA members own other companies, i'm unsure what to do with many games. Example: SSI belong to ESA but their games are abw. List like this would make my contributing part of life much much much easier and perhaps there are more people who would find this list useful (i don't wanna sound selfish ).

And not only because ESA, maybe there is company that won't allow hosting their games although they are not ESA member. Such list would be more precise than list on ESA site.

Another idea: why don't we form a team for contacting old companies and aquiring permissions for certain ESA games. Team would consist interested members that are here for long time, active, trustful, good looking.....

Actually, team could contact ESA in order to discover more good games that ESA allow for hosting (we have some ESA games like this) and start creating contacts with companies for aquiring permissions for hosting that are over ESA's authority. I bet such team would be praised by our members and many many players from all over the world.

Hmmm, this sounds like abw crusade :evil: LOL

Waiting for respond..... :whistle:
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 04-10-2005, 05:37 PM   #2
mouse31e
Games Master

Here is the list we have at the moment which is in the requests forum.
mouse31e is offline                         Send a private message to mouse31e
Old 04-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #3
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Quote:
First of all, i want to send some praises for oldwarez list. Now, since this list will NEVER have all the titles, i'm having trouble determining is the game protected by ESA or any other way.
Search for the producer, not the name. If the company is under ESA Protection, all the games will be listed with the ESA logo, except for the cases where they are still sold or released as freeware. Should be very easy.

Quote:
Since companies mixed-up and ESA members own other companies, i'm unsure what to do with many games. Example: SSI belong to ESA but their games are abw.
Uhm... no. SSI is NOT connected to ESA. It was thought to be under protection of ESA, but Ubisoft (who own the SSI copyrigths) abandoned all the SSI games. Just do a search for "strategic" in the producer querry from the oldwarez list.

Quote:
List like this would make my contributing part of life much much much easier and perhaps there are more people who would find this list useful (i don't wanna sound selfish* ).
This is why we have the oldwarez list in the first place. It is updated every single day, and understanding how to use it will help you a lot. Search for the game name, if nothing pops up, search for the producer. One of them will be mentioned. And it will give you a lot of info. If you are still in doubt, simply ask.

Quote:
And not only because ESA, maybe there is company that won't allow hosting their games although they are not ESA member. Such list would be more precise than list on ESA site.
Those games are also listed in the oldwarez list. They have a "Protected" badge on them. Just do a search for "Bethesda".

Quote:
Another idea: why don't we form a team for contacting old companies and aquiring permissions for certain ESA games. Team would consist interested members that are here for long time, active, trustful, good looking.....
That team is called the Admins. More precisely Kosta. It is his site, his neck, and only him that should contact companies on the behalf of the site. In some cases he ask someone to do this talk for him, but there will be no extra team made.

Quote:
Actually, team could contact ESA in order to discover more good games that ESA allow for hosting (we have some ESA games like this) and start creating contacts with companies for aquiring permissions for hosting that are over ESA's authority. I bet such team would be praised by our members and many many players from all over the world.
We already do that. And we also did that in the past, and we will continue to do so. k:
Old 04-10-2005, 05:54 PM   #4
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hmmm, i never noticed the list before. I guess i should search through the forum instead of topics.
I don't see Domark on the list???

Well, i feel like a fool. I guess that only thing was "me not really know how to use the list".

Well, thanks guys. (And thanks Tom for your time)
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 04-10-2005, 06:23 PM   #5
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

Hey, don't worry. The list can seem difficult at first. I understand why you wanted all of the above. I wanted them myself back in the days. That was why I started on the list.