Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 02-10-2004, 03:10 PM   #21
Michelle
Unhappy

I had just found your site yesterday and was so excited to download the Laura Bow games (I've always thought amon ra was the one and only!) but unfortunately everytime I download them they seem to be corrupted..is there anyone that can help me? maybe it's just me idk, but I would love any suggestions..

thanks!

Old 02-10-2004, 04:23 PM   #22
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

That is strange. Have you tried to turn off your firewall? Maybe it stops the transfer.
Old 18-10-2004, 01:12 AM   #23
Rhiannon

I bought the King's Quest Collection in '97 (I was twelve... damn, that's long ago), and it came with this game. Unfortunately, I've recently lost the first disk (install disk), so I'm trying to replace all of the games now. I LOVE Laura Bow! I've always had trouble beating this game, though, and I've NEVER managed a good ending. Must... defeat... it...!!!

I DO miss hearing Laura's cute little southern drawl. The voices don't work on my machine, it seems, even with Vdm Sound. I won't touch DOS box with a 10 foot pole. Bad memories of it.

I'm on Win XP, and I don't know what my sound card is. I have two listed under system info, I think. The top one is Creative Audigy Audio Processor, and the second is SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio. Any help would be appreciated. I must hear Steve's voice again! Swoon...

Old 28-10-2004, 06:52 AM   #24
Spikey

Ah.. it seems LBII runs on 'audblast.drv'. I've got a patch somewhere to fix this game..

Oh goody, it's already on my FTP.

Grab it here:
http://smc.sq7.org/miscfile/sb16drv.exe

Regards,
- Spike

P.S. Note that you can contact me at agillett@(bracketsincludedtostopspiders)ihug.com.a u if you need further assistance.

Old 06-12-2004, 11:02 PM   #25
Cassima

I have Windows XP and have no sound either. The game started up saying it couldn't initialize audio hardware. So, I downloaded sb16drv.exe, unzipped it, and put it in the folder with the other LB II files. Now the game starts up without the audio message, but still, no sound. When I unzipped the file, it asked if I wanted to replace audblast.drv. I said yes, and that was probably a mistake. However, the audblast file is still there. It also asked if I wanted to replace a readme file, and I said yes. Any ideas? You are so awesome to make this game available to everyone!!!

Old 18-12-2004, 12:30 AM   #26
Manawhore

one of the first pc games i ever played, became a total obsession when i was ten years old. :bleh: brings back memories

Old 22-12-2004, 10:09 PM   #27

wow... I rember that I searched for this game for so long! Now I thought "okay let's give it a try again" and what did I see? I've found it on the first side I clicked on! Yeah!! I'm so happy! This game is so interessing because here you really have to think.

Old 23-12-2004, 11:45 AM   #28
Rosella

Send a message via MSN to Rosella

k: I love this game! I actually still have the original that I too got with the KQ Collection. The only problem I had was that I could never seem to answer the questions at the end correctly..
Old 25-12-2004, 04:30 AM   #29
Johnny C

Hey, I got this game out of the KQC and recently installed it on a new computer. Now, unfortunately, I cannot get the graphics to work in XP at all. Any ideas?

Old 25-12-2004, 08:19 AM   #30
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhiannon@Oct 18 2004, 01:12 AM

I DO miss hearing Laura's cute little southern drawl. The voices don't work on my machine, it seems, even with Vdm Sound. I won't touch DOS box with a 10 foot pole. Bad memories of it.

I must hear Steve's voice again! Swoon...
Don't think the voices are included in this version, unfortunately.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree