Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #101
guilleorochi
Forum hobbit

Ok!!, Thank you very much!!
guilleorochi is offline                         Send a private message to guilleorochi
Old 05-09-2010, 05:53 PM   #102
dkw
Forum hobbit

I am back to help out a little more once again.

I can write a Review for Silent Service but I need the Archive.

Also, I would like it if someone could check the validity of the Old Warez List regarding Allied General and Star General. Strategic Simulations Inc. is gone, and there are a few games on the site that came out after those two, specificly Pacific General and Steel Panthers 3. It would be nice if Abandonia could have the entire original "5 Star General Series" on the site for all to enjoy.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:58 PM   #103
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkw View Post
I am back to help out a little more once again.

I can write a Review for Silent Service but I need the Archive.

Also, I would like it if someone could check the validity of the Old Warez List regarding Allied General and Star General. Strategic Simulations Inc. is gone, and there are a few games on the site that came out after those two, specificly Pacific General and Steel Panthers 3. It would be nice if Abandonia could have the entire original "5 Star General Series" on the site for all to enjoy.
I'll send you the SS archive. Also people, please forget about the Oldwarez List, it's as ancient as Churchill's boots and nobody bothers to update it. Please use the Advanced Search+Requests Forum. In the Requests forum both those titles are approved. However I'm not sure if their archive sizes are within the 150 MB limit.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:49 PM   #104
dkw
Forum hobbit

Well, I am not all that up to date about the features of the site, so I am sorry about asking.
If you have archives for Allied General and Star General, I can take care of those as well. Even though I still have the original CDs for both of them, I can only get Star General to work, using Windows 95 Compatability option.
If you need copies of the CDs, I could provide them but I don't know how to make them into functioning archives.
My problem has always been taking screenshots with old games running in Windows, when I can get them to work.

Allied General CD is 350MB
Star General CD is 218MB
Both of which will need to have stuff removed, or a really good compression program, to fit on the site.

If not, I will get to Silent Service over the next couple days.
Old 16-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #105
Death Incarnate
...the Deathly Inca

Default Privateer: redrawing offer

I'd like to redraw my offer to write a review for Privateer. I loved it 15 years ago, but after trying to play it again now, I must confess: I just don't get the hang on it. After playing modern games like Freelancer, I can't get used to the controls in the in-flight-scenes any more. Or maybe they're just to complex and my hand-eye-coordination has suffered too much due to old age

Unfortunately, to me this game has lost much of it's appeal, and it's to fine a game to write a half-hearted review. So, if anyone has the nerves and the reflexes to play it, I'd be happy to let him have the review.

I can contribute the archive, of course. It's the CD-version with full speech and the Righteous Fire add-on. It's 152 MB big, but I managed to tweak the archive so you don't need the CD while playing. So, no mounting the ISO, just copying all the stuff in a folder and running it from DOSBox.
Old 16-09-2010, 04:27 PM   #106
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Incarnate View Post
I'd like to redraw my offer to write a review for Privateer. I loved it 15 years ago, but after trying to play it again now, I must confess: I just don't get the hang on it. After playing modern games like Freelancer, I can't get used to the controls in the in-flight-scenes any more. Or maybe they're just to complex and my hand-eye-coordination has suffered too much due to old age

Unfortunately, to me this game has lost much of it's appeal, and it's to fine a game to write a half-hearted review. So, if anyone has the nerves and the reflexes to play it, I'd be happy to let him have the review.

I can contribute the archive, of course. It's the CD-version with full speech and the Righteous Fire add-on. It's 152 MB big, but I managed to tweak the archive so you don't need the CD while playing. So, no mounting the ISO, just copying all the stuff in a folder and running it from DOSBox.
No problem. The size of your cd version is just right. Do you still have the FTP access? We only have a 8 MB archive.
Old 17-09-2010, 07:09 AM   #107
Death Incarnate
...the Deathly Inca

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
No problem. The size of your cd version is just right. Do you still have the FTP access? We only have a 8 MB archive.
The file is up (it's only 129 MB)! As I said, you don't need to mount an ISO or have a CD in your drive to play. I copied the contents of the CD to the game-folder on the harddisk. As long as you play the game from C:\Privater, it works. Else you will have to change the paths in the config-files. I added a text-file to the archive describing this, too.
Old 27-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #108
Tracker
Home Sweet Abandonia

I'd like to review Captain Claw - please send the archives.

Reverend Preacherbot: Wretched sinner unit! The path to Robot Heaven lies here, in the Good Book 3.0.
Bender: Hey. Do I preach at you when you're lying stoned in the gutter? No!
Tracker is offline                         Send a private message to Tracker
Old 09-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #109
jfritzyb
Forum hobbit

Question

I was wondering if I could do the review for Chaos Island

Last edited by jfritzyb; 09-10-2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: wrong title stated
jfritzyb is offline                         Send a private message to jfritzyb
Old 10-10-2010, 04:42 AM   #110
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfritzyb View Post
I was wondering if I could do the review for Chaos Island
If you have the game then yes. But keep in mind we can't put on site archives bigger that 150 MB.