Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-07-2012, 01:20 PM   #71
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

@Hunvagy

Dear Hunvagy,

My dream comes true.

Yes, the brave runs before 5 minutes Oblivion smooth and easy.
Old 24-07-2012, 09:54 AM   #72
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Did it continue be smooth after you got outside? Inside FPS is hardly measuring what awaits you when you get out in the world.
Old 24-07-2012, 03:05 PM   #73
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BranjoHello View Post
So, go there and figure it out.
After creating account you add games to your list, games that you played and finished, games that you are playing right now. It's great for tracking the state of your collection/gamer history.

Then you'll know answer to this question:

Beaten games - Games you finished on any difficulty, e.g. completed main story in Assassin's Creed
Completed games - Games that you finished on highest difficulty with all bonus stuff found/done, e.g. completed Assassin's Creed and found all flags, templars etc.
Mastered games - Completed games that you finished on additional personal challenge, e.g. completed Assassin's Creed without being hurt by guards or on speed run etc.
Null - Games that don't have ending, but you play them anyway, e.g. Chicken Invaders

The best thing about Backloggery is that its your personal list, you're having it for your own sake, so saying you completed something but you actually haven't is lying to yourself, and that is sick.
But be warned, you may become "little obsessed" about getting your games to completed status. I know I have.
Cool, now i have an account

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 24-07-2012, 11:18 PM   #74
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

So do I. Started it this weekend while I had nothing to do at the job.
Old 29-07-2012, 04:28 PM   #75
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

This has turned into an interesting experiment.

At first my completed games hovered around 90%. It was because I was fosussing only on the games I completed and the games I like and think about more easily. After that I started adding games I've found on lists I can find on the net and my amount of Unfinished game rose up.

Even so, my completed games hover around 70% now. And when I look at other members of AB who have a Backloggery account the average is around 70-80% Unplayed games!

How could it be so different than me? I could probably trim my list down around 65% Completed but that's it. And those trimmed games would still only fall down on Beaten, not Unplayed.

Is it because you guys like to puchase a lot of games you don't play right away? On my own side I'm used to play to the death a game I purchase and not purchase a new one until I grow tired of the last one. Also, I didn't like the new gen of games and thus don't play them much at all. I spent most of my time perfecting my play on games I already possessed instead.

Still, the difference is huge.
Old 30-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #76
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I have only added games I own currently and only marked them as beaten if I can remember the ending well. Rather a few of mine I have beaten but just don't remember the ending and I have beaten games that I no longer own so don't add to the list. I still have games on my PC that should go up but I am too lazy, many of them are beaten too.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 30-07-2012, 09:55 AM   #77
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

I have finished and mastered most of the games released on Earth.
Old 30-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #78
Pex
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Is it because you guys like to puchase a lot of games you don't play right away?
I'm guilty of doing this. I see a game in store on special and I buy it because I know if I don't it will get sold or won't be on special anymore. But I seldom play it straight away, usually because I'm in the middle of playing something else. Plus, lately it's hard to find time for games and with some I know I would get hooked and want to play them all the time and be frustrated cause I can't, so I wait hoping that at some point it will be different.

I do that with everything - have heaps of Warhammer miniatures that I haven't even opened, let alone assembled (don't even wanna mention painting).

I admit to be a procrastinator... I should stop looking at forums and go play a game. Maybe check a few more posts first...
Old 09-08-2012, 04:32 AM   #79
KrazeeXXL
BORG

uh good question about beaten games.

I've prolly beaten a lot less than I actually played

But I don't really care. I seldomly aimed for beating a game. Sure I've tried

The last thing I've beaten was the complete Mass Effect series.
That was a really cool series where I wanted to see the end.

(no discussion about the ending implied)

Most games become boring for me sooner or later at some point. They become repetetive or the levels become boring.

One really old game I'd like to finish is "the incredible machine". Loved that one back then in the good ol' times. One of the best games I've ever played.

Or Pushover. Kinda cute. Liked the music back then on my Soundblaster 8 bit mono

or the good ol' Rock 'n Roll for Amiga. man I loved this one as a little kid. Great game, loved the music, too. An awesome game but never finished it. I have it for PC but it sux. hate the 16 colors and the pc squeaker sounds. bah. nightmare. Amiga was sooo much better in so many games and I had a couple of hundreds as a little kid. I miss the amiga

That's prolly the reason I've never finished lots of games when I think of it. A friend of my father was a millionaire and we got all the games. So if I was bored or I didn't was able to finish a game, I simply tried another one.

edit: HA! I remember the really first game I've beaten. Yea there might be some learning school games b4 but I mean a real game: Double Dragon III on the Amiga 500. Played it in 2p with my dad but beaten it alone

my, the ending sucked. I was dunno 7 or 8 years old or so and didn't speak a single word english and all I got was some text blabla. Kinda disappointing.

but one thing I absolutely have to finish... almost #1 priority:

my killer song in Beat Hazard on suicidal difficulty. I'll prolly never get this done. I was there once @95% or something like that but never got there again.

And this is drivin' me nuts =)

even more as a friend of mine beaten it relatively fast and easily... :/

Last edited by KrazeeXXL; 09-08-2012 at 05:20 AM.
KrazeeXXL is offline                         Send a private message to KrazeeXXL