Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Abandoned Times
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-09-2013, 12:44 PM   #21
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation Small Addition

I'm glad you express your opinion, and didn't feel the need to comment on mine. Ha, I guess I'm just a glory hog.

Sometimes I'm not sure how some of the site works... I've actually yet to see a game listed without a review at all. I guess I'll figure it out as I go along.
I also need to learn how this "Disc Image" or ".ISO" stuff works. I tried once but failed. Heh, there's always the DOS-Box Manual for that.
Thanks, StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 03-09-2013, 03:44 PM   #22
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaaViinsZ View Post
Anyone Else: NO.
I'm not of the tl;dr generation.

Still, I'd recommend you to write more to the point, less wandering thoughts.
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 03-09-2013, 10:53 PM   #23
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Red face Hehe...

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
I'm not of the tl;dr generation.

Still, I'd recommend you to write more to the point, less wandering thoughts.
Tl;Dr?

Heh, if you say so. As an annoying quote of mine says:

"Present your request on a silver platter, and I may consider it."

LOL maybe I should put that in my signature.

Seriously, though, the wall wasn't really necessary, but once I had written it all, it would've been a shame to let it sit around on my hardrive in a word file. Then again, maybe it would've been a blessing to the forum... LOL.

Anyway, I'll take a note of that... I can't promise it'll affect my writing that much, but point taken.
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 AM   #24
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Me: Has anyone read that Wall of Text I posted earlier?

Anyone Else: NO.
Here you went into provocative area.

I read your post too. And exactly like marco I can say "Yeah, I see, you don't like 5 stars, and thinks that all ratings are subjective... so what?" it not worth to post.

And I think, everyone else who seen your post thought something similar.

You also didn't write any questions, requests, offers or something that would require answer... Until you start to provoke people, that is.

So what did you expect?

If you want my opinion... well, remove half of sarcasm of marco, and you'll get it. Interesting, but too long and watery.

(BTW, I am IM-man. ICQ, AIM, MSN, Google Talk or any other Jabber variation, and I can speak hours along. Facebook? Email? Yahoo? Meh.)
Quote:
I was trying to find something to review that was in the "Approved" section, but I've found nothing so far. Everything either already has a review or isn't listed on the site... Any suggestions could help.
If you cannot found anything for you here, you can offer something different. In the "Offers". Simply, eh?
Quote:
A few games with reviews that came up as Spanish, which I presume must be "Spanish Only" reviews?
There must be not "exclusives", except English ones. I am not in full power here, but I can fix consistency errors, if someone will show it to me. PM me with list of this "spanish-only" games, and I will check them. I cannot check grammars as I am Russian, unfortunately.
Quote:
Anyway, I hope to have more friendly convos in the future, hope my previous post didn't tick you off that much. Friends? lol.
Oh, it was quite friendly answers you got so far, I can assure you.
Quote:
Question that you may or may not know:
Is the Grammar squad full or something? I've gotten to the listing for it, and posted, but many other peoples' posts and my post go unanswered.
I think, Grammar squad is pretty dead long ago. Or at least in deep slumber. We'll see, if your post will be able to wake someone.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 04-09-2013, 08:29 AM   #25
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Talking Okay!

Well, I guess I got the attention I wanted... for a bad thing...

It's nice to know people actually read it. I'm actually surprised. Even if you guys didn't, though, it wasn't like I should expect it. I mean, If I was in your shoes, and another person had posted something that long, would I read it all? Who knows, but probably not. It's funny though, because I make so many senseless comments that when I write something, I almost expect someone else to be the same and say something equally as ridiculous.
Which doesn't make sense in of itself. Although, when I say that, I'm certainly not trying to write up a list of to-do's for fellow forum'ers!
In other words, even though I may sometimes expect that in the back of my mind, I in no way actually expect it from anyone else, so don't take it as offensive.

I like that everyone here is more about constructive criticism than beating me up over this-- Thanks for that!

Anyway, let's put this aside us before someone actually DOES explode. LOL.
On other matters:

Quote:
If you cannot found anything for you here, you can offer something different. In the "Offers". Simply, eh?
What are you saying exactly with "Offer" something? I'm unfamiliar with the "Offers" section. I know about the "Requests" area, though. Do you mean request a game?

Quote:
(BTW, I am IM-man. ICQ, AIM, MSN, Google Talk or any other Jabber variation, and I can speak hours along. Facebook? Email? Yahoo? Meh.)
By the way, Yahoo! has a IM service...

Quote:
There must be not "exclusives", except English ones. I am not in full power here, but I can fix consistency errors, if someone will show it to me. PM me with list of this "spanish-only" games, and I will check them. I cannot check grammars as I am Russian, unfortunately.
I'll see what I can do about finding those games that just had Spanish reviews again. We'll see what happens.

Quote:
Oh, it was quite friendly answers you got so far, I can assure you.
Believe me, I know that they're friendly answers.

Quote:
I think, Grammar squad is pretty dead long ago. Or at least in deep slumber. We'll see, if your post will be able to wake someone.
Let's hope for the best for the grammar squad!
Old 04-09-2013, 02:03 PM   #26
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
What are you saying exactly with "Offer" something? I'm unfamiliar with the "Offers" section. I know about the "Requests" area, though. Do you mean request a game?
No, I mean Offers. Just above "Requests" on my page layout.
Quote:
By the way, Yahoo! has a IM service...'
Unfortunately, it would be 5th IM-service in my list, and 3rd with only one friend in it. Can you, possibly, use something else?
Quote:
I'll see what I can do about finding those games that just had Spanish reviews again. We'll see what happens.
I will be here.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 04-09-2013, 09:33 PM   #27
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
No, I mean Offers. Just above "Requests" on my page layout.

Unfortunately, it would be 5th IM-service in my list, and 3rd with only one friend in it. Can you, possibly, use something else?

I will be here.
]
LOL what if we just kept replying like this... I quote you, you quote me. It eventually gets to the point where we have to quote each other quoting to make it work! LOL!
Yeah so I checked out the Offers, and it was there, I had just forgotten for a bit.

As for other IM's... uh... LOL FACEBOOK CHAT HAHA!!

Uh... can't think of much else... unless you count Twitter.
I haven't really taken the opportunity to subscribe to any specifically IM services, since I never really wanted to use one or had anyone to use it with.

That would be cool if we could have a group with 3 other people from Abandonia and you and me in it. (A Chat Group?)

Lastly, many thanks for including my smilies in your quotes! Kudos to the man who preserves the original work of art!
Now for those Spanish things...

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
Old 04-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #28
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Default Nothing here

Just posting again to subscribe to this thread...

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
Old 05-09-2013, 05:23 AM   #29
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
]I haven't really taken the opportunity to subscribe to any specifically IM services, since I never really wanted to use one or had anyone to use it with.
Ah, so you not so talkative then. Well, there is always Steam chat then. I am Smiling Spectre there, as usual.
Quote:
Just posting again to subscribe to this thread...
Head of theme->Thread tools->Subscribe.
Old 05-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #30
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation Ahh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Ah, so you not so talkative then. Well, there is always Steam chat then. I am Smiling Spectre there, as usual.

Head of theme->Thread tools->Subscribe.
Ahh, so that's how you subscribe without posting! very useful!

It's not that I'm not talkative, it's more that I never had anyone who I knew to use it with, and that I don't really like to stay on my computer all day. Like, literally.