Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2005, 04:58 PM   #1
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Rewiev + download

Last edited by Luchsen; 23-01-2008 at 03:03 PM.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 11-03-2005, 06:10 PM   #2
arctangent

Quote:
Originally posted by Review
Sinbad and the Throne of the Falcon is an old game I really loved to play on my Commodore 64.
Absolutely.
It was one of the real C64 underdogs, I guess, but graphics and music were just awesome. I'm gonna check out the PC version, but I doubt that I'll love it like I used to love the C64 version.

Old 11-03-2005, 06:15 PM   #3
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

Solid Entry. 2-Thumbs Up!
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger
Old 11-03-2005, 06:26 PM   #4
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
The PC version has slightly worse graphics, but they are still very nice for the time in which the game was created.
Everything had better graphics then PC at the time. LOL LOL LOL

And those conversion just don't have something in the game.... I don't know how to call it.

For example SuperFrog was great game on Amiga, but PC conversion is close, but it realy sucks..
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 11-03-2005, 06:40 PM   #5
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

In most cases this is true, but this is one of the fer (and do mean few) games, where even the conversion keeps that certain something, that keeps you playing it for some time. Even the sounds and the graphics aren't bad - not bad at all. Give it a try - you won't be dissapointed. Just remember to slow it down!
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 12-03-2005, 10:34 PM   #6

But the sound _IS_ PC speaker.

At least I haven't found a way to enable Adlib or so.

Old 26-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #7
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

I deleted the previous post, but I've passed the suggestion on to Kosta (our site's owner). In future, you can click on CONTACT US link on the front page for such offers.

I've also deleted the post (by little_fish) reporting the post that was deleted.
Old 14-05-2006, 04:57 PM   #8
toysnob

I had an Amiga 500 as a kid, never a PC and man although I never owned this game, I remember the box art was waaaay better on the Amiga..

It's quite amazing to look back at that now...
toysnob is offline                         Send a private message to toysnob
Old 06-10-2007, 10:34 PM   #9

The PC version is lame. There's no underground arcade sequence and no walk through the land with birds attacking you. Even the crossbow shooting scene comes up rarely. I really loved the C64 underground sequence. What happened with the PC version? The Genie you find offers to have the ground still, so he can prevent earthquakes, but there are none to prevent. Disapointing.

It's a good game though, but much too easy with dosbox where you can slow down the idols' eyes.

A few tips:
-try and get the Black Prince first and kill him in the combat. You won't have to worry about his armies anymore.
-next find all three idols and get their eyes (green jewels)
-on the way you'll probably meet a skeleton, centaur or Yeti. You'll need a part of one of them. If you meet the right one Sinbad will take a part of it as a trophy (if you already visited the shaman and he told you what the fourth ingreedient is, then you'll take the part for the recepie). BTW the fights are dissapointing too when compared to C64 first person view.
-don't bother with the Genie and you really don't need the Gypsy (the Shaman is usually in one of the cities on the northern island (there are two ports from where you can check all the cities there). You might wannt find the temprtress as she can tell you the location of idols, so be careful to remember which you've met already (so you don't ask her about an idol you already stole a gem from). But it's recomended you find it yourself.

The ship acctually handles better if you have the game on faster speeds, but the fights and clicking - pressing fire - works better if slower. Otherwise you might miss people you should talk too.

Until you destroy the black prince make sure you move your forces in the crystal. You don't really need any men south of the city.

Hope that helps!