Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #1
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre
Default Dominions 3 appeared on Greenlight!

Best realm-based turn-based 4x fantasy strategy just appeared on Greenlight at last!

I waited it too long and already started to worry!

It's unfortunate that they didn't make it right in Steam. But it will be here eventually, I hope! Please, vote for it!
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 07-02-2013, 07:57 AM   #2
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Someone discussed Dominion 3 with me not so long ago on this board.

You might not want to know what I think about it.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #3
Tomekk
Master of Orion

Send a message via Yahoo to Tomekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Someone discussed Dominion 3 with me not so long ago on this board.

You might not want to know what I think about it.
No one does?

Anyhow, game looks interesting, so I gave it a thumbs up.

"that's what all jrpgs are about

0: intro
1: talk talk cry talk talk graphics talk talk,
2: boring jrpg generic turn based combat
3: walk map
4: goto 1 12390482309 times
5: outro"
- _r.u.s.s.
Tomekk is offline                         Send a private message to Tomekk
Old 07-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

It was me, Tomekk. Those time it appeared on Desura.

Basically Eagle of Fire point of view that I could get was "I tried it, concept is solid, graphics is awful, battles are uncontrollable, and game overall is not in my taste", that's all.

Actually, game is awesome, have giant amount of everything (nations/units, spells, magic items, tactic options, magic sites... you name it!). It's fully turn-based, and battles are fully automatic. Excellence in everything, except outdated graphics.
Smiling Spectre is offline                         Send a private message to Smiling Spectre
Old 08-02-2013, 07:56 AM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

My point of view is pretty much tenfold that. Was it with you that I was discussing this game?

The bare minimum this game need is a working and especially up to date manual. And lot, lot, lot less factions to choose and get confused with.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:56 AM   #6
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, it was me, Eagle of Fire. And as you got as weak points exact places where this game is strong in my eyes, it's incompatible. So I can only say as before "yeah, I got that it's not your cup of tea".
Old 09-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well... You know what? How about we play a game together to see if one of us can prove his points?
Old 10-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #8
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

For what sense? You said that you mastered this game, and I have no reason to doubt your words. You don't like it, and it's totally different issue.

I think, I am playing Dom3 pretty bad. Just as any other strategy game. Because I am playing for fun, discoveries and thought-provoking situation - not for straight win. Win for win looks too dull for me. So for 6 years of playing of Go on dragongosever I am still 19 kuy.

And? I am sure that playing with you will give me some fun, just as any game before. And there is quite a big chance that you will win. Let's imagine it's already happened. What it will prove?
Old 10-02-2013, 06:39 PM   #9
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Well, if you do only play for fun of being slaughtered (or not) then it doesn't help much because you're bound to like about any single game out there. That there is flaws big like a continent inside is not going to prevent you from having fun. So you're right there is little sense doing so.

Nonetheless, if you are interested in having a big AB game then we could host a game on AB on the huge LOTR map. It should be fun even if only for the lulz factor.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:25 PM   #10
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle of Fire View Post
Well, if you do only play for fun of being slaughtered (or not) then it doesn't help much because you're bound to like about any single game out there. That there is flaws big like a continent inside is not going to prevent you from having fun. So you're right there is little sense doing so.
Umm... Slightly incorrect.

If I am not all for victory, it not means that I can tolerate bugs and flaws. Rather opposite: I am rarely overlook it exactly because I am playing "non-standard" games, so when game is have high-polished battles, and nothing else, I bound to trigger every bug, as I am trying to play quite peaceful diplomat. And for some mysterious reason 90% of strategy creators make polish only for battles - Civ4 is bad in everything else, for example, Endless Space is horrible, and Warlock, being highly attractive for me in general, have totally broken diplomacy that make it absolutely unplayable.

But speaking about Dominions 3, it have as low bug count as I can dream of - moreover, even remaining little bugs still get fixes till now! Very, very unusual and exciting way of working, as for me.

Quote:
Nonetheless, if you are interested in having a big AB game then we could host a game on AB on the huge LOTR map. It should be fun even if only for the lulz factor.
Oh, if you really want to play D3, I am always in! As I said, I love this game, and it's only your obvious disliking stops me from recommending it.