Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-03-2006, 01:10 AM   #11
Sonicfan37
Forum hobbit

Hey... Well I can't say that I ever played this game before (I'm only 14...) But I do have a game for the Genesis almost exactly like it. Or at least had. It was by some company called Sammy, but I forget the name of the game. It's gone now, sold along with Animaniacs... Crap. Why'd I sell those games!? I only got like 5 bucks, and only because I sold an N64 game at the same time... Ok, I'm gonna stop rambling.
Sonicfan37 is offline                         Send a private message to Sonicfan37
Old 18-03-2006, 02:59 AM   #12
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

I think this is now officially the smallest downloadable game abandonia has to offer. This calls for a celebration, methinks. arty:

EDIT: Whoops, way off. Make that third smallest. Under PC-MAN and Paratrooper.
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 18-03-2006, 05:17 AM   #13
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well, all the games that are in the Crypt together only take up 2.9Mb! So this one isn't the smallest... Then there are text based adventures, of which some also take up very little space :whistle:

But these games keep on proving that size isn't everything. Give me the 3Mb of the Cript over 3Gb of a single new game anytime
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 18-03-2006, 09:55 AM   #14
[Ice]

Zaxxon is one of the important ancestors of the modern PC gaming flightstick I think.
[Ice] is offline                         Send a private message to [Ice]
Old 18-03-2006, 11:39 AM   #15
dsula

It's not that hard. I remember clearing level after level on this. The trick is that you have to position yourself at the exact position in front of the house. I don't remember exactly but it's something like all the way to the right and 5 keyboard clicks from the bottom. In that case you always hit the rocket, on every level.

Old 31-03-2006, 12:31 AM   #16
Sefsarius

Quote:
Originally posted by palmiche@Mar 17 2006, 07:03 PM
The last time I saw this game I had a brand new 286 with an Hercules Monocromathic (Orange) Display, a lot of power back then, and the game ran so fast you could barely see the walls before crashing your ship. I can't recall exactly how many years have been since, but I know for sure 15+.
Brings back memories... One of my first favorites.

Old 16-05-2006, 07:00 AM   #17
kohan69

AH THE MEMORIES!!
:angel:

I remember playing this on my dad's home-made pirated Sinclair Spectrum ZX, back in USSR

Hell, 1/3 of "the crypt" genres were also on Sinclair :Titan:

Old 31-10-2007, 05:36 AM   #18
Lunitari

I loved this game growing up on the C64. But I have download this and can not figure out the controls which means I cannot play the darn thing on my computer. Time to dust off the C64 and TRS-80

Old 31-10-2007, 03:20 PM   #19
Steeltemplar

When I saw the name of this game, I could not help thinking about this:

http://www.ufophil.com/index.html

Ok...so that's "Zaxon" and the game is "Zaxxon". Even so
Steeltemplar is offline                         Send a private message to Steeltemplar