Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-10-2004, 11:01 AM   #21
auhsor
Super Freak

Argh, the AGS pages seems to be offline. It's not usually like that, and I'm sure it will come back soon. Anyways, off the top of my head...
Pleurghburg: Dark Ages, is an awsome game.
Apprentice is also very good, along with its sequel.
Cirque De Zale, which is already on this site is good.
The Larry Vales series and Rob Blanc series are also great, and they were some of the first games made in AGS. LV2 is one of my favourites.
Oh and I almost forgot the KQ1 and 2 remakes, but they are already on this site.
There are so many others... Heres the games download page:
http://www.agsforums.com/games.php
Check out the award winners, and the picks of the month for the better games.

Have fun
auhsor is offline                         Send a private message to auhsor
Old 06-01-2005, 04:06 PM   #22
Flammo80
Forum hobbit

On the AGS games topic, I highly reccomend the Apprentice! And the sequel aswell. I've been playing those for months, great stuff. They would make a nice addition to the site, too.
Old 06-01-2005, 10:30 PM   #23
LordHogFred
Forum hobbit

I thought this game was awesome. I also thought that the sequel was great. They both actually really scared me, I can't look at a welding mask without getting goosebumps now :crazy:
Absolutly FANTASTIC games though despite them scarring me for life k:

LordHogFred is offline                         Send a private message to LordHogFred
Old 07-01-2005, 11:11 PM   #24
BlackMageJawa
Game Wizzard

I think I've hit a problem

*SPOILERS*

I'm on Day Three, trying to find Matthew's body. I've got the Bear, Stick and Salt ('Salty Bear + Stick' in the inventory), but no matter where in the house I stand it says it's either not working or pointing downwards. The guide says that if I use it in the basement it'll show me where to look, but it doesn't.

Have I missed something, or is my game screwed up?
BlackMageJawa is offline                         Send a private message to BlackMageJawa
Old 08-01-2005, 02:23 AM   #25
Fawfulhasfury
Home Sweet Abandonia

It's in the basement. Keep trying. It has to be in a specific place. You'll find it eventually.
Fawfulhasfury is offline                         Send a private message to Fawfulhasfury
Old 09-01-2005, 05:03 PM   #26
Zxby

Just finsihed this game, great game, definately two thmbs up. I think it was a perfect length and difficulty. k: k:

If I didnt know any better, I would say this was made by the original Sierra team from the 80's. OF course it's short as compared to the Sierra titles, but it is pretty good. I reminded me a bit like Phantasmagoria but in 2d. Great job, I remember reading somewhere there was a sequel? I'll looking for that right now.

I wonder, does the author of this game get paid for it in anyway?

Zxby

Old 15-01-2005, 02:59 AM   #27
iloveoldies

great games! downloaded the second game seven days first and enjoyed it alot. i have downloaded the first and am also enjoying playing it but it have come across the same problem in the basement. where exactly do you have to stand? :help:
iloveoldies is offline                         Send a private message to iloveoldies
Old 15-01-2005, 03:29 AM   #28
iloveoldies

hehe sorted it. may want to correct the wakthrough. although the salted bear will work to find the basement you actually have to use the salted bear with mathew defoes bed before it will work in the basement.

also found a humourous discovery for this game. keep looking at the same door over and over
iloveoldies is offline                         Send a private message to iloveoldies
Old 19-01-2005, 04:05 PM   #29
Makabi

wow, I just got around to trying this game, and I must say that it is brilliant!it has a very nice plot, well-chosen music, and an excellent main character.

Old 19-01-2005, 07:36 PM   #30
slayer

This game is awsome it has all the elements that make a adventure great it has a great story, good riddles. I like it mostly because the story. Even when I didn't know for 7 days a skeptic i wondered what happend after the house burned down. Play it !!!
slayer is offline                         Send a private message to slayer