Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-01-2007, 10:58 PM   #41
taikara
Abandonia Homie

Unless the infraction is incredibly severe, they would likely open negotiations and firmly request that the site remove the files in question. We (meaning Abandonians) have actually had this sort of communication with the ESA before. It's unlikely that the site would literally be taken down, just the suspect downloads. I meant "taken down" more figuratively, as in "having our butts handed to us by the ESA".

So no, you did not read me correctly, and thank you for requesting clarification.
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 13-01-2007, 11:17 PM   #42
bruno
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(taikara @ Jan 14 2007, 01:58 AM) [snapback]274785[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Unless the infraction is incredibly severe, they would likely open negotiations and firmly request that the site remove the files in question. We (meaning Abandonians) have actually had this sort of communication with the ESA before. It's unlikely that the site would literally be taken down, just the suspect downloads. I meant "taken down" more figuratively, as in "having our butts handed to us by the ESA".

So no, you did not read me correctly, and thank you for requesting clarification.
[/b]
ok, thanks by respond to my question, because i was thinking with other idea, now i understand, ok, that~s best, but the best way is not having them searching nothing in here, so i think it´s best to find another way to revenge to this guy, he deserve to be punished. k:
bruno is offline                         Send a private message to bruno
Old 14-01-2007, 07:01 AM   #43
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Ok, so I have reported the guy to Pay Pal, and am waiting for their response. I'll let you know what they have to say.

Even if it only stops him for 24 hours before he registers for a new account, at least it disrupts him (however briefly) and hopefully it annoys the heck out of him.

Anyways, the more accounts he signs up for, the more times I can report him, like that irritating little flea bite that you can't scratch

Neverthless, my pitchfork still wants a workout!
Old 14-01-2007, 10:51 AM   #44
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Bruno G @ Jan 14 2007, 01:17 AM) [snapback]274788[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
but the best way is not having them searching nothing in here[/b]
Don't you worry about that, Bruno. ESA is visiting this site on an almost daily basis.

You don't get to become as big as Abandonia is, without attracting the attention of ESA. Besides, ever since I started work on the AW List, and made the 10/15 year rule regarding ESA games, I have personally issued several invitations to the ESA to please make sure that what I am doing is correct and that it is not hurting them in any ways.

I wouldn't have made the New Year's Update if I didn't have faith in our relationship with ESA and the 10/15 year rule. k:

So, we really have nothing to fear. Sure, there might be a couple of games that have slipped through - it is only human (like when I accidentaly proclaimed that Final Doom was AW), but these errors get fixed within a relatively short amount of time. And if ESA happened to find one or two games on AB that should not be here at all, they won't shut down the site. They will just inform me and Kosta to please change the status for those games to Protected - and that would be the end of it (until those games once again become abandoned several years later down the line).

Calling ESA on this guy will not harm us in any way. It will, in fact, make us look good. The more we respect ESA and their members, the more they will respect us in return. It is that simple.
Old 14-01-2007, 05:15 PM   #45
haakjay
Forum hobbit

I just looked at the link now. I have seen this site before. Why is it called free-game-downloads when it costs money. Just stupid.
haakjay is offline                         Send a private message to haakjay
Old 14-01-2007, 05:21 PM   #46
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("From the site")</div>
Quote:
We're sorry but because of increasing service maintaining costs we had to introduce paid subscription to our service.[/b]
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 14-01-2007, 07:12 PM   #47
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Lets get this guy. (Sharpens pitchfork) Who's gonna report him to ESA if we don't.
I'll get in touch with him and find out what country he is in.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 14-01-2007, 07:28 PM   #48
Tom Henrik
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via AIM to Tom Henrik Send a message via MSN to Tom Henrik

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tulac @ Jan 12 2007, 05:38 PM) [snapback]274588[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Not to meantion that charging other peoples work is not just illegal it's super illegal.
We could phone him...

Ondrej Muncinsky
Resslova 1717 8
Usti nad Labem, 40001
Czech Republic

+42.0475200937 Fax -- +42.0475200937
[/b]

There you go, win98
He isn't hiding any information from you.
Old 15-01-2007, 06:41 AM   #49
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
How about blocking references to AB made from that site?[/b]
That might actually be doable. For the moment, we also can alter the filenames of the downloads he seems to be leeching: effectively, anyone trying to get them would receive a nice textfile with something like:
Quote:
You have been duped!
If you are reading this message, it means that you have followed a link from a notorious leecher site.
This game is for download free of any sort of charge from Abandonia.com - don't let leechers take your money for something you can get for free![/b]
Any direct download links he uses now would be broken, and with such messages we would also discourage his clientele from making further use of his service.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DLoTTn @ Jan 14 2007, 07:15 PM) [snapback]274897[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I just looked at the link now. I have seen this site before. Why is it called free-game-downloads when it costs money. Just stupid.[/b]
Easy. Because nobody enters "paid game downloads" in Google. While "free game downloads" is pretty common keyword.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Abi79 @ Jan 14 2007, 07:21 PM) [snapback]274899[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE("From the site")
Quote:
We're sorry but because of increasing service maintaining costs we had to introduce paid subscription to our service.[/b]
[/b][/quote]And of course we know that's a lie. <_<
Anyone could set up such a site on any of the umpteen free hosts without having to pay a dime. :not_ok:

Quote:
That would mean that you couldn't get to other sites having the same ISP, wouldn't it? I think it would be wrong to harm innocent. There has to be a way to go for him, and him alone.[/b]
All that would mean would be that until the ISP ceases providing service to that site, they get boycotted. Simple and yet very effective.

Quote:
What about the stolen reviews are they not under some sort of copyright?[/b]
I'd say so. He doesn't credit the original source or authors, therefore implying it is his site that provided them.
Remember, that the fact that you submit the review to Abandonia does not mean it becomes public domain - altough Abandonia receives a permament permission to use a copy of it, you retain all rights regarding to controlling the use of your review by other sites and individuals. Ergo, if mr Muncinsky does not posess a permission from you to use your review, he's infriging your copyrights. Effectively, every person whose reviews are stolen could sue him. Not that I think it would have much result, mind you, but it would cost him a fair bit of time and nerves. If that were coordinated into a signgle, massive strike, he may be scared into quitting.

PS. Romano, Seb... this dude deserves getting flayed alive, ran over by a truck, fed to ESA's pet lawyers and raped by a Facehugger. (not neccesarily in that order) Plus getting his site hacked.
FFS, he's leeching from Abandonia and charging money for that. He stole reviews from our site. I wonder how would any of you react if it was YOUR review he stole?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-01-2007, 07:20 AM   #50
Data
retired

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the_fifth_horseman @ Jan 15 2007, 08:41 AM) [snapback]274956[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

PS. Romano, Seb... this dude deserves getting flayed alive, ran over by a truck, fed to ESA's pet lawyers and raped by a Facehugger. (not neccesarily in that order) Plus getting his site hacked.
FFS, he's leeching from Abandonia and charging money for that. He stole reviews from our site. I wonder how would any of you react if it was YOUR review he stole?
[/b]
I don't think that acting all emotional and unrational is a good way of dealing with it.