Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM   #41
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

As for problem 3, try DosBox.
You can download it here.

If you have any problems with it, try having a look at the official FAQ on the DosBox site.
Basic Setup and Installation
Command Line
Z instead of C at the command prompt
Internal Programs (important, especially MOUNT)
Most of the stuff in there is not really needed, but you would do best to familiarize yourself with the specific topics I linked to.
The mounting of your DosBox games directory, switching the promt to the emulated C: drive and clearing the screen from previous commands can all be executed from the [autoexec] section of dosbox.conf, so you won't have to re-type them every time round.
Frontend programs can help running DosBox with varying configurations for different games.
For both a more accessible user interface and oldschool feel, you can use Norton Commander (get it from our programs and utilities page - scroll down to the bottom to find it). NC might seem awkward at first, but in fact it is a very functional genuine DOS era file manager frontend. It has a plethora of functions that will help you in navigating around the directories, while still retaining the command prompt.

Though all of this might seem complicated, it's very easy once you get used to it. So remember:

DON'T PANIC!!!

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #42
midcyber

Hi there!
May you help me with one game I looking for? I don't remember in which year I played it, I was a child...
It's similar to this genre. Facts that I did remember:
1) It was 3D, interactive
2) Gameplace were uninhabited island, with non-flat terrain.
3) There were inventory, with knife at least
4) Your health were shown as "parts of body" in special screen; after fighting with tiger you probably lost your arm.
5) It were possible to amputate damaged parts of body. Then you were need arise campfire, drink boiled water and sleep in heat
If somebody know about this, write please to *REMOVED*

Last edited by TheChosen; 17-02-2009 at 11:11 AM.

Old 10-10-2006, 03:00 PM   #43
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Robinson's Requiem, 99% sure of that.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 17-02-2009, 11:04 AM   #44
thefreshmaker

Unhappy

Ima trying to get this errr "Beaut" to run on my computer and failing. I've realy wanted to play it for eons and all the negative reviews only made me wanna play it more. It looks pretty cool from the screenshots and i've done some research. Is it realy that bad?

"Worms?? Absoloutley Not!"
thefreshmaker is offline                         Send a private message to thefreshmaker
Old 17-02-2009, 11:48 AM   #45
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

You can't get the game to run? Are you using DOSBox? More info on what you did whith the downloaded file is necessary for us to help you.
Operating system? Version of DOSBox (if any)? Anything you can think of as relevant would be appreciated?
Old 23-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #46
atlantis86
Lurker

Seeing all these bad reviews is a bit depressing....
only because I have been trying to find this game for years, and I was wondering, "it would have been awesome to find a cult following of this game" lesson learned don't look up old faves on the internet,
----
anyways this was my first 3D game, I was behind the times when i was 10, 1995 when everybody was playing 3D games or n64 I had a Snes, so when my dad bought this game i was pretty amazed it blew my mind, 3D graphics a gun!!!! I remember how happy i was to get to the reserve in the game, due to it being a bloody difficult game, and when i seen the guy on the toilet i bust out laughing.

I just downloaded the game today, i think my computer is two fast because the damn speed of my character is way to fast, I am slowly.... getting use to it,
atlantis86 is offline                         Send a private message to atlantis86
Old 23-03-2009, 04:55 PM   #47
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Try running the game in DOSBox.

-- Reed Richards
Old 28-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #48
thewasupkid

I cannot get this game to run either, I am using D-fend reloaded dosbox pops up and says now loading island of the dead and it sits then crashes to desktop. D-fend says Dosbox Failed to start and I cannot find anything on that except a change log in d-Fend that says we now have this new error report : D. any ideas?
thewasupkid is offline                         Send a private message to thewasupkid
Old 28-03-2011, 11:13 PM   #49
HailToNietzsche
Forum hobbit

Thank you for these exquisite box shots, Ermuli!

"WARNING - Game features scenes of graphic violence. If you feel you may be offended, please do not purchase."
If it only would be that easy nowadays...

But back to thewasupkid's request…
HailToNietzsche is offline                         Send a private message to HailToNietzsche
Old 29-03-2011, 01:07 AM   #50
Doomz

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewasupkid View Post
I cannot get this game to run either, I am using D-fend reloaded dosbox pops up and says now loading island of the dead and it sits then crashes to desktop. D-fend says Dosbox Failed to start and I cannot find anything on that except a change log in d-Fend that says we now have this new error report : D. any ideas?
It works fine using the D-Fend Reloaded front end with the download from Abandonia.

It is some problem on your end.

- First run SETUP.BAT and set up your soundcard
- Then run IOD.BAT to start the game
Doomz is offline                         Send a private message to Doomz