Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-03-2015, 03:30 PM   #311
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Hey, if you play, make a "god" fiinal score (and snapshot it)! I always only could make as "demigod"
Old 24-06-2016, 11:00 AM   #312
Temporary

Here is a thing: http://www.filedropper.com/savdraft

I think it still works, it adds/removes restrictions from saved game files. Yes, that means building Town Halls in dungeons; it can be done, but the results are ghastly. You have been warned. It's been years since I tried it, but it ought to be fine.

Old 16-06-2017, 01:08 AM   #313
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

I liked to play Warcraft because it was similar to Dune II and both had great BGM.

Although I have played Warcraft II, I almost can not remember the details (Elves, Dwarves, ships, flying units, etc.).

There are two missions that I remember well because I used cunning to defeat my enemies (Orcs) in Campaign Mode:

01) One of the Missions was in a Cave where I was to eliminate a powerful Orc Sorcerer who had the ability to summon powerful Demons.

The first time I played this Mission, I faced the Demon (2 times!) entrenched in the ruins with the Knights as defense and attack, the Ranged Attack from Archers and Catapults.

The next time, I did something very simple. As soon as the Sorcerer detected me, at the beginning of the Mission, for the entrance to the Cave was near his hiding place, he summoned several Spiders. I stood still and approached the Archers and Knights near where the Wizard stood. The Sorcerer attacked my Units with very powerful Spells. The Priests healed the wounded Units and the Archers continued to attack him. The Wizard, instead of invoking the Devil, continued to invoke the weak Spiders until he died. Perhaps because he continued to attack my Knights, the Sorcerer could not summon the Demon. I then went to explore the Cave and eliminated any Spiders and enemies on the way. I did not have to face the mighty Demon. Phew! Whew!

02) Another Mission was to destroy the Orc Base. Because they could summon Demons, I used the Forest as my shield and positioned the various Catapults for Ranged Attack. The Enemies (including Demons) detected the Catapults but could not attack them while being mercilessly attacked by Catapults. While the Water Elementals resisted up to 2 Catapult attacks, I believe the Demons resist up to 3 Catapult attacks.

Last edited by Mystvan; 22-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 20-10-2017, 08:54 PM   #314
Osprey850

Some of you folks might be interested in a little utility that I recently put together to provide more modern mouse controls in the game (when played in DOSBox under Windows). Specifically, you can give context-sensitive orders with the right mouse button, scroll the map with the mouse wheel and select multiple units without having to hold down a key first. More info is at PCGamingWiki, where I uploaded it:

https://community.pcgamingwiki.com/f...-mouse-helper/

Last edited by Osprey850; 23-10-2017 at 05:28 AM.
Osprey850 is offline                         Send a private message to Osprey850
Old 28-10-2017, 07:39 PM   #315
Nilex
Forum hobbit

And that someone would be me
<-- yub, same guy from Vogons, lol

Dunno if you fallen off Mars and suddenly started helping retro gaming everywhere or what, but I glad you are doing what you are doing
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex
Old 02-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #316
Andy Reed

Hello guys, I'm new here, but I see that the forum is interesting. exactly what I like!
Andy Reed is offline                         Send a private message to Andy Reed
Old 02-11-2017, 04:30 PM   #317
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Reed View Post
Hello guys, I'm new here, but I see that the forum is interesting. exactly what I like!
Welcome :-)
Old 04-11-2017, 09:13 PM   #318
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Dear twillight...

You probably know how to score each mission since you are a veteran gamer.

I believe that the score is composed of several variables such as:

• Number of your Units killed;

• Amount of your Buildings / Structures destroyed;

• Number of enemy Units killed;

• Number of enemy Buildings / Structures destroyed;

• Amount of ore (Gold) mined;

• Amount of Wood / Lamber extracted.

I used the GameWizard when I played this game. The Trainer would freeze the Treasure / Gold available and so you could build Buildings / Structures and hire Military Units.

I am not sure because my memory fails to remember, but there are two more levels above the “god”. I am not sure if it is Developer / Designer / Maker and the other would be Slave (? ). “Slave” because you are a “slave” of Score, trying to extract all the natural and mineral resources of the mission.

One way for me to increase the Score would be to maintain a enemy Building / Structure that would recruit enemy Peasants:

• He could build Building / Structure that I could then destroy, but preserve the life of the enemy Peasant. And so on;

• My Archers could eliminate the enemy Peasant without destroying the Building / Structure. Thus, a new enemy Peasant would arise and the cycle repeats itself.

I will post about the score of Dune II that maintains some similarities, but also some “inconvenient” peculiarities in relation to the Warcraft I.

Last edited by Mystvan; 14-11-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 04-11-2017, 09:14 PM   #319
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Unhappy

Ugh... Since AB Forums were extremely slow yesterday, with each command taking 10 to 20 minutes, the double post occurred.

After you cut down the trees and extract all precious metals from the existing mines, I just hope you are not hunted by Greenpeace, Captain Planet and Grandmaster Spectre-man for the ecological disaster...

Last edited by Mystvan; 14-11-2017 at 04:36 PM.
Old 16-04-2019, 10:19 AM   #320
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Hey guys,

First off, you might want to add links to GOG.com for both Warcraft and Warcraft II since these are now available from this store:
https://www.gog.com/game/warcraft_bundle
https://www.gog.com/game/warcraft_orcs_and_humans
https://www.gog.com/game/warcraft_2_battlenet_edition

Secondly, I took an interest in the user-made levels for Warcraft which were created with BJ Pollard's editor mentioned by Temporary. Preciously few traces of these are available nowadays but luckily the Internet Archive has preserved a page with intact downloads of some 38 levels:
Melle's Warcraft page

A few more levels not included above are available here, and four more were made by Kenny Chong. Several more levels not found above are listed here but sadly downloads are broken.