Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-04-2009, 01:38 AM   #11
Vanshilar
Abandonia nerd

I've uploaded an updated version of the general walkthrough for Space Rogue (v 1.02). I've also uploaded a file editing walkthrough, basically how to hex edit the savefile as well as the data files that the game uses (such as MAPS).

The file editing walkthrough covers:
- How to change which ship you use
- How to get a super-powerful laser that you can't normally get (about triple the most powerful laser in the game)
- How to get practically instant accel/decel
- How to give yourself a lot of credits, armor, items, repute rating, relations with others (including the Manchi), etc.
- How to toggle the different RPG plots.

It also covers the MAPS file, which encodes all the base and star system information. From there, you can change the layout of the bases, or the cargo prices, or how often or which type of ship you'll encounter, and so forth.

Lastly, I also cover how the game displays the text, so that you can read through all the text that the game has, although I haven't been able to decode the actual text file (STRINGS).
Vanshilar is offline                         Send a private message to Vanshilar
Old 09-05-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
Chris
Abandonia Homie

The game is on site, please receive your reward:

Thanks again for your contribution, Vanshilar!

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 09-05-2009, 11:41 AM   #13
Saccade
[BANNED]

Yay! Finally..!

Thanks Vanshilar!
Saccade is offline                         Send a private message to Saccade
Old 15-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #14
Vanshilar
Abandonia nerd

Default Vanshilar - Dungeon Hack

Just wanted someone to check that Dungeon Hack is now considered abandonware. If so, I can upload it. I don't have any particular extras for it, though, just the game, and my version still has the copy protection on it.
Vanshilar is offline                         Send a private message to Vanshilar
Old 15-05-2009, 03:36 AM   #15
Saccade
[BANNED]

Paco says this:

Dungeon Hack

http://www.abandonia.com/vbullet/showthread.php?t=3129

Sold at amazon marketplace
[APPROVED] Amazon marketplace dont count anymore

I think that the protection codes are around somewhere too, Vanshilar.

Good job on Space Rogue!
I love that game.

One thing that I do when trying to find out if a game is going to be accepted here is to check the oldwarez list.
Some of the games aren't on there, but that's usually cos I'm searching for one that's a conversion or something - it's a good list:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/oldwarez

Its got a legend to let you know what the status of the game is, as considered by Abandonia.
If you're unsure how to use it, the "click here" button doesn't work for me - it's pretty simple, though.

Last edited by Saccade; 15-05-2009 at 03:41 AM.
Old 15-05-2009, 04:22 AM   #16
Vanshilar
Abandonia nerd

Yeah it's listed in oldwarez as "sold", though, so wanted to make sure it should be listed as "abandonware".
Old 15-05-2009, 04:27 AM   #17
Saccade
[BANNED]

In that case, matey, I just work my way through the List of Special Games in Offers and Candidates for Unprotecion in Requests.

It's easier to ask, though, eh?

I think that Paco and Luchsen are pretty clued up, but anyone here seems to know their stuff or where to find out.
I still get lost and can't find things that I was looking at a few hours ago.

eg - I'm sure I saw the protection codes and now I can't find them again...
Old 15-05-2009, 04:53 AM   #18
Vanshilar
Abandonia nerd

Oh it's more that I want an official confirmation that it's okay, because I'm not sure if the candidates for unprotection thread or the oldwarez function has a higher precedence.

By the way, the copy protection can be found in the walkthrough on GameFAQs, as well as a very handy cheat.
Old 15-05-2009, 11:48 AM   #19
Paco
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Paco Send a message via MSN to Paco Send a message via Yahoo to Paco

The Candidate Thread check for Games that lost the Protection in Year 2009. then i have to check again if its sold, but some Site dont count anymore.

Amazon Marketplace and even CD Access dont count anymore.

Oldwarez is outdated. Its has a List from over 4000 Games these Status has to checked manually and thus edited from us Staff. With over 4000 Games one can lost the will to update the Oldwarez regulary.

@Vashilar i though the rules is ONE Thread for the Submitter? You have now 2 Thread (Dungeon Hack and Space Rogue). I will merge it, but please post in Future only in your Thread and not create a new Thread.

anyway you can Upload Dungeon Hack, while Saccade search for Copy Protection and upload it.

Check here for Maps i made
Paco is offline                         Send a private message to Paco
Old 16-05-2009, 04:14 AM   #20
Vanshilar
Abandonia nerd

Oops, sorry! For some reason I read it as a thread per game, not per submitter. Making it per submitter makes more sense, though, so that the forum isn't spammed by too many games.

Anyhow, I'll upload Dungeon Hack soon as I figure out what files aren't needed (the directory in its current form has a bunch of extraneous save files etc.). I probably won't get around to writing a review any time soon though, if anyone's willing to help with that.