Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-01-2007, 07:33 AM   #31
mussie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jan 11 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]274248[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I can't remember: Is the game's events driven by building new bases, or time only? What I mean is, is it neccessary to build bases to dig up artifacts/blueprints/whatever, or will they all come to you in due time?
[/b]

Its event driven
mussie is offline                         Send a private message to mussie
Old 10-02-2007, 03:14 PM   #32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mussie @ Jan 30 2007, 08:33 AM) [snapback]277117[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mighty Midget @ Jan 11 2007, 10:28 AM) [snapback]274248[/snapback]
Quote:
I can't remember: Is the game's events driven by building new bases, or time only? What I mean is, is it neccessary to build bases to dig up artifacts/blueprints/whatever, or will they all come to you in due time?
[/b]

Its event driven
[/b][/quote]

More precisely, events are driven by your actions, not by "time" per se. Building bases will get you the Fleet Carrier and Martian Flu (make sure to thoroughly -squelch- that particular bug the instant it hits; don't let ships stay docked at bases unless loading or unloading until that's done, and scrap your rescue ship immediately after delivering the vaccine. I spent most of the game worrying about vaccines till I realized that the ships were carrying the bug...), beyond that you need to take different actions to trigger different events.

To get the modified fleet carrier, you need to build the Terraformer first. The Martian armada has nothing to do with it (except that it usually comes while you're building the Juggernaut. Have a fleet of fighters and a full complement of Orbital Lasers ready before you even start on the Terraformer...or do what I did and simply keep an ark ready to repopulate the moon).

Old 01-03-2007, 01:50 PM   #33
Fatih

i recently started to replaying (last time i played is 10 years ago i guess), and i have some questions;

1- can we send life support mobule to another outposts ? because i tryed but it isnt let me to send.

2- can we attack the marsians ? like send fleet carrier with 20 fighters ? and if we can destory them can we colonize their planet and their moons ?

ED?T: answer for question 2- i attack the marsians and defeat them and i colonize their planet. so no need for an answer for that anymore

3- can we use terraformer in other planets or moons besides earth, to make them habitable ?

ED?T: 4- i send 5 probes to scan meteors, but they havent finish it, so is it impossible to scan meteor ring ?

and for the last, i see in this topic that the millenium have a sequel. i look the link posted by mussie, but i dont think i can manage that emulator , is there a better way to play this sequel Deuteros ? like DosBox ?

ED?T: which atari emulator is the easiest to use and understand ?
Fatih is offline                         Send a private message to Fatih
Old 01-03-2007, 02:04 PM   #34
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Apparently, Deuteros has only been published for Amiga and Atari.
If your system can handle DosBox, there should be no problem for it to handle an Amiga or Atari emulator.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 07-03-2007, 08:02 PM   #35
SteveGOLD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(whatshisface @ Aug 11 2006, 01:09 AM) [snapback]247854[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
hmm i have just started the game and i have a question, do mutations cause any problems or dissabilitys? thanks
[/b]
No problem, only one plus - your colony will grow more then 100 people k:

Old 12-03-2007, 01:57 PM   #36
Golan2072

My colonies have declared independence but I've won the game nevertheless - but is there any way to regain the colonies once they declare independence?
Golan2072 is offline                         Send a private message to Golan2072
Old 12-03-2007, 02:11 PM   #37

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Golan2072 @ Mar 12 2007, 02:57 PM) [snapback]283194[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
My colonies have declared independence but I've won the game nevertheless - but is there any way to regain the colonies once they declare independence?
[/b]
It automatically happens as you near the end of the game. I think I tried back in the day to take them back just to draw the game out longer, but you couldn't. It's just a push to get you to finish it off.

But this game is one of the first computer games I've ever played in my childhood, on our x486. I've been gaming ever since, but this one holds a special place in my nostalgia.

**SPOILER - Highlight to see**
As a kid when I saw the message that there was still a fleet out there after taking out Mars, my face went white. I had stopped making any sort of defense systems by then! I was so freaked out I stopped playing for 2 weeks. I wound up being fine, I just shipped all my sats and fighters from my colonies back to HQ, circumventing the unit cap. They never got half way though my orbital sats. :P

Old 18-04-2007, 10:32 PM   #38
InC

Em... how do I build a colony? I can't buy SIOS since I don't have either power or two critical resources for this and I cannot mine them on moon neither... so... how?

Old 07-05-2007, 08:38 PM   #39
Guest_Tom_*

I can just agree to most of you .. this is truly a gem. I loved it back then and replayed it some years ago.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(InC @ Apr 18 2007, 10:32 PM) [snapback]287417[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Em... how do I build a colony? I can't buy SIOS since I don't have either power or two critical resources for this and I cannot mine them on moon neither... so... how?
[/b]
Don't know if it helps but i remember that a certain necessary material to kick of building some gadget was only to be found in the "asteroid belt". Fly there, leave your ship(s) in it and after some time you will get a message that they collected some

Old 18-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #40
Elusive

I don't know if this is a silly queastion, but I have played the game from your excellent advices given (thanks alot) but one problem I encounter (it might be a computer/emulation problem). WHen I send fighters to defend the Martian attacks, and when it goes to the view inside the fighters, the battle happens too quick to make sense of... I can shoot but it's over within a couple of seconds and its either me (often me) or them destroyed by pure luck . Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.