Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-01-2007, 10:53 AM   #111
Japo
Autonomous human

You don't have to convince PayPal that what this leech is doing is illegal, you only have to make them think that they don't want themselves involved in it, even because of public image alone. I'm sure they've suspended a lot of accounts because of non-compliance with their AUP whatever the legal stance of the practices involved.

Win98, reading the response you got with more attention, it seems that they think you're claiming copyright infringement on the games themselves, and it even seems that they're not aware that Abandonia doesn't host games anybody wants it not to host.

Anyway the games are a matter of the ESA and I don't think we can do a lot about that. First this leech is not hosting them, only linking to people who host them. Second to the ESA it's indifferent if you're hosting their games for free or you're charging for something or you're swindling. If the ESA wants to stop their games from being distributed, it will contact the sources rather than this leech.

Secondly, sine Abandonia does not hold the copyrights of the games, the only copyrights it can claim are the reviews'. But in order to expose the leech to PayPal it might be equally effective to expose the leech's other foul practices, be they illegal or not. PayPal is no Swiss bank, if they have their own private Acceptable Use Policy (besides the legislation from several countries they must comply with), it's because they must care about their public image.
Old 01-02-2007, 08:01 AM   #112
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Thumbs down

For anyone who wants it I have uploaded a copy of the thing your are supposed to fax in. If anyone wants it PM me. Then I will PM you back with the link to the file.
Also I do not have a fax machine and do not know anyone who is close with one.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 01-02-2007, 08:26 AM   #113
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Im going to email that guy and ask him to (at least) remove my Nags review!

I cant belive that this guy is actually doing this, and he doesnt care! Poor bastard....

Oh, and we cant deal with him in a "gentleman" way, we may have to use force....
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 01-02-2007, 08:57 AM   #114
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Feb 1 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]277424[/snapback]</div>
Quote:

I cant belive that this guy is actually doing this, and he doesnt care! Poor bastard....

Oh, and we cant deal with him in a "gentleman" way, we may have to use force....
[/b]
A bastard he may be, but thanks to his leeching he's certainly not poor...
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 01-02-2007, 09:14 AM   #115
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

My email got bounced back. It looks like his address aint working.

Does anyone has his working address?

EDIT: Never mind. I typed the wrong adress.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 01-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #116
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

There are free e-fax services available on the web Win98, I'll dig around and find you some links if you like.
Old 01-02-2007, 11:01 AM   #117
Japo
Autonomous human

I'd prefer that, I don't have a fax myself and I don't like to involve anyone who lends me his...

EDIT: Aw crap. Good news is that I got another answer --my previous email must have indeed ended in the spam bin because of being a forward of the first response I got:

Quote:
Dear Javier ######,

Thank you for contacting PayPal with your concern regarding sales that
potentially violate PayPal's Acceptable Use Policy. We will investigate
the matter and take appropriate action, if necessary.

Follow the instructions below if you encounter a seller's website that
you feel may violate our Acceptable Use Policy:

1. Log in to your PayPal account at https://www.paypal.com/
2. Click the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the PayPal webpage.
3. Click "Contact Customer Service".
4. Under the "Choose a Topic", select " Protections/Privacy/Security
".
5. Under the "Choose a Subtopic", select "Report Prohibited Items
Being Sold ".

Please be as specific as possible in the message you enter, and include
a description of the prohibited item(s) being sold.

Again, thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. Please let
me know if you need further assistance.[/b]
Well I just have to hope that the first paragraph does mean what it states, that they're already investigating the matter. Because what they ask me next is precisely what I did at first (only "Report Fraud" instead of "Protections/Privacy/Security"), and in the answer I just got redirected at this. Okay maybe I'll send a last email to this same address explaining it.
Old 01-02-2007, 05:16 PM   #118
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Feb 1 2007, 08:26 AM) [snapback]277424[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
[/b]
I have emailed him twice, asking him to remove my Return Of The Phantom review and walkthroughs.
I have heard nothing back from him at all, and my review is still there. :tai: :wallbash:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 01-02-2007, 08:32 PM   #119
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Ill give the fax amiss for now until we see if they are responding and looking into the matter.
Yes that guy is a little (well not little) ****. I'll email him and tell him what we are going to do if he does not cooperate. If hes removes the reviews and uploads does his own downloads we can stop worrying. If he does not it's time to get in touch with what ever authurites we can other than paypal eg Kosta.
EDIT: Email sent.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 01-02-2007, 10:42 PM   #120
Japo
Autonomous human

I don't think that ****head can be intimidated, I bet it's already been tried. Well after explaining to PayPal the issue I finally got the same PDF as Win98 to fax it. It's obvious that a big company like PayPal is unable to process but the most standard complaints, the employee reading our emails won't try to understand the details of this issue and he wouldn't be able to do any good in case he tried.

Problem about the fax is, however, that "only a copyright, patent, trademark holder, or those deriving rights through the holder, can rightfully claim a copyright infringement", so it should be sent by the copyright holders of, in our case, the reviews. It seems PayPal doesn't want to know about the leeching and fraud since it's not in their forms. <_<