Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Approved Requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 08-06-2005, 02:25 PM   #1
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up Braindead 13

I was thinking a bit about what games i had played through my (still quit short) lifetime. There are many genre`s that came to mind and at the very top there was Braindead 13. Where did that game go. I realised that I never got around to finishing it. A clever game that required you to time you actions and press a key at the exact moment you needed it... The whole game was made to look like a cartoon that you manipulated by giving the hero his actions one step at a time.
(Or in the case of you pressing the wrong button or waiting to long... Make him quite dead) Any chance of getting it added to thegames archive. Dont remember how old it is. Probably somewhere between 94-97.
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 08-06-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

95. I think I have a review of it in some ooold gaming mag. Don't really know if it's ESA-protected, will check.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 08-06-2005, 02:48 PM   #3
Argith Nuei
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by the_fifth_horseman@Jun 8 2005, 02:44 PM
95. I think I have a review of it in some ooold gaming mag. Don't really know if it's ESA-protected, will check.
k: Cool.
Would be a blast getting to play it again. I remember quite a lot of the scenes you got for making a mistake. Oh yeah... Rolling around on the floor barely being able to get any air sucked down as we were laughing are butts off... LOL
Argith Nuei is offline                         Send a private message to Argith Nuei
Old 08-06-2005, 09:14 PM   #4
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Definitly one of my favourite games of all times. It wasn't really great or anything, but it was like a challenging movie with lots of funny scenes.
I just remember this zombie woman, trying to shave you (with many, many knives) or the Football playing Frankenstein monster. Just hilarious

Got a copy of the german version lying around somewhere, but this won't be of much use for 90 % of this community, I guess
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 12-06-2005, 05:22 PM   #5
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Sorry to make a doublepost here, but I've googled a bit, and as it seems, Braindead 13 is abandoned and Readysoft is not a member of ESA.

Also I discovered, that the german copy I've lying around here can be switched to english voices, too.

The only downside: It's a rather big game (650 MB CD), which is played directly from CD afaik, and ripping something out seems rather pointless to me, since you need both the cutscenes and the sounds to enjoy the game (ripping the cutscenes out of a game, that is based on cutscenes is rather pointless anyway).

I am not very good in ripping games from a CD either, I could make an ISO of it, but that's rather it.
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 13-06-2005, 09:33 AM   #6
GraveDigger
Game Wizzard

Send a message via ICQ to GraveDigger

A short but nice review.
GraveDigger is offline                         Send a private message to GraveDigger