Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23-03-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Zarkumo
Game freak

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone else knows this Simpsons game. I once found it in some Spanish "amusement arcade" (uhm.. this sounds like another creation of my German-English dictionary that probably no native speaker ever uses...) as a kid and spent my entire pocket money on it in that holiday. At least that spared me the sunburn.

You could choose one of the Simpson family members who each had a different weapon (e.g. Bart had a skateboard and Marge had a vacuum cleaner I think). You then moved through different levels walking from right to left or from left to right beating up different opponents who came along. It pretty much was like Double Dragon, only with Simpsons and better. You could interact with the environment to some degree, picking up things and throwing them etc. And if you played with two players, they could interact as well, e.g. Marge could pick up Bart and throw him or they could perform some moves together.
The graphics were really nice and it was a very funny atmosphere. Me and my cousin played it all the time during that holiday and we finally reached the boss monster at the very end, who was Mr Burns, of course, but he killed us pretty quickly.

I saw a Simpson arcade game on CGA which looks a little bit like this one, but it's not the game I mean. In this game levels were mostly indoor scenarios, shopping malls, Mr Burns power plant etc.

Does anyone know this one? Is there a PC version? I doubt it as I could find a lot of Simpson games in the internet, but not this one. What a pity, it was really great at that time.

C ya
Zarkumo
Zarkumo is offline                         Send a private message to Zarkumo