Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-04-2006, 04:21 PM   #1
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review and Download (if available)
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 16-04-2006, 06:40 PM   #2
red_avatar
Administrator

I love this game - I played this when I was 14 and it takes a lot of thinking to wrestle through the levels. Simple maybe, but damn hard: definately! Thing is, unlike fastfood, this is not greatly up to chance. It's right down to skill, and trial and error.

red_avatar is offline                         Send a private message to red_avatar
Old 19-04-2006, 07:29 PM   #3
Gulag

"Most games in the Dizzy-series tend to be simple, colorful little games, with cheery background-tunes. Usually you can play them if you have ten mintues or so to spare and they're never very hard."

WTF?!
Obviously the reviewer has never looked at another Dizzy game before, let alone played one. Unless this is a reference to some kind of Dizzy spin-off line.

The original Dizzy games are fiendishly hard puzzlers of a 'collect-em-up' nature you don't see any more. This is merely a tea-break puzzler using the characters but none of hte imagination or ingenuity of it's progenator.

Old 20-04-2006, 09:40 AM   #4
Knudsen

I downloaded this game, I didn't like it very much but now I can't delete it? It just says that the file is already in use and that I should stop all programs using it.. I tried rebooting, unplugging my netcable and it isn't protected.. Anyone got any ideas?

Old 20-04-2006, 10:02 AM   #5
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Gulag@Apr 19 2006, 07:29 PM
The original Dizzy games are fiendishly hard puzzlers of a 'collect-em-up' nature you don't see any more. This is merely a tea-break puzzler using the characters but none of hte imagination or ingenuity of it's progenator.
Mmm... I didn't find the Dizzy platformers particularly difficult. 'Use bucket of water on fire', jump on stupid platform, collect stuff...
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup