Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-04-2005, 11:55 PM   #21
Christian IV
Game freak

:blink: :bye:
OK I will try that with the stick and rock thing, i was pretty
stuck for a while but I think I am almost ready to go at it
again, i love these screens, they are really beautiful. thanks
for the suggestion AJ Raffles, much appreciated.
Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 30-04-2005, 12:39 AM   #22
rabadi
New(bie) Kid on the Linux Users' Block

About rescuing Cliff, I don't know whether you will consider this cheating or not, but I find using slow down utility like Turbo helps a lot. After only 3 or 4 trial you should be able to rescue him. Depending on how fast your computer is, you may need to reduce the speed to 15 or 25%.
rabadi is offline                         Send a private message to rabadi
Old 02-05-2005, 07:29 PM   #23
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Is it really all that difficult to rescue Cliffy? :blink: It worked for me at the first try (although I had saved, just in case).
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 03-05-2005, 07:16 AM   #24
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

It's not really that hard, but there's a known timer issue with this scene. If you run it without something like moslo everything moves to fast and your fuel will run out before you even get a proper chance...

Quote:
Originally posted by www.spacequest.net

Timer problems in Space Quest 5
As far as I know, the only timer problem in Space Quest 5 is the EVA scene were you need to rescue Cliffy with the pod. The controls are very hard to handle because the ship moves too fast. Normally, this puzzle is already very hard. Not only is it already fast, but you have little fuel. This puzzle requires some mouse skills, so don't whine if it doesn't work right from the start.

I've spotted some small animation problems, most notably the GradeMaster 2000 sequence. Maybe some scrolling screens effects are eliminated by timer problems, but so far I haven't found any.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 06-05-2005, 12:37 AM   #25
Christian IV
Game freak

k: k:
thanks for the hint, i think i ran into some trouble with this, but
got through it....much appreciated.
Christian IV is offline                         Send a private message to Christian IV
Old 07-05-2005, 01:00 PM   #26
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Is it really all that difficult to rescue Cliffy?* It worked for me at the first try (although I had saved, just in case).
I also managed to rescue cliffy at the first try.

By the way...i saw Obi-Wan-Kenobi and Darth Vader having a lightsaber duel in the Starcon academy.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 08-05-2005, 12:00 AM   #27
WildZeppelin
Super Freak

Elvis was alive and well there as well.
WildZeppelin is offline                         Send a private message to WildZeppelin
Old 08-05-2005, 02:33 AM   #28

how do i get to kiz urazgubi? i can't find it on the star chart with the others.

cheers

rikitikitavi

Old 10-05-2005, 05:54 AM   #29
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Quote:
Elvis was alive and well there as well.
Yes,he was.

I also found the good ole astro chicken. He was hiding in the locker in the Eureka(The small room with the pod.The lockers are in the left)
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 14-08-2005, 05:34 PM   #30

How do you run the diagnostics in the pod? As soon as I get in, the pod takes off, and my air reading is already empty! My fuel gauge is fine, but I run out of air in a matter of seconds. Can I put more air in? If there's a way to run diagnostics inside the pod while it's still docked in the bay, I don't know what it is, 'cause as soon as I get in the pod leaves. Any ideas?