Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-05-2005, 06:45 AM   #1251
Student
Thumbs down

Thats true but i dint agree that laser tanks go down easly i use them until i get the plasma tanks and i never buy rocket tanks well okay at the begining i buy one tank (gun) to fend from sectoids but i sell it righ after i get my hands on laser tanks.Why? Theres an bug in the game that lets you hove in your stores more than they can fit in.If i recover an ufo (after the blasting) everything is thrpvn in the store.Thats true also if i produce something in the base.
The efect is that the store is that my base is ultradense and i can sell things but i can't buy (mistles for this prupose) and i cannot unload the transporters.
Who said i use the laser tanks to the end? When i get the resources i build the plasma tanks (once i sent my laser tanks on cydonia... i will remember this a looong time an chryslis ran out of somewhere the tank reaction fired hit it and IT came closer and ate the whole tank.) plasmas fly and are mutch harder to crack open. Its good to use plasmatanks and fluing armor and fly around one level higher obove ground. so the chrisslis can only go mad by running around :evil: .
Towards the end laser tanks are best used at recovering smaller UFO's, base defense and erly terror sites coz they can destroy the cyberdisks in 1 or 2 shots.
Later... they have litle use.

Old 12-05-2005, 08:03 AM   #1252
Onimaru

Hi guys I just downloaded this game last month but i have only recently played it and im having trouble with a bug. I have captured a lot a alien scums but after awhile i can't seem to capture anymore, does anyone having the same problem?. I used to think it was just because i may need more Alien Containment but after i've built 3 more Alien Containment Facilities I still can't seem to Capture more. When i finish a mission the score say ive captured 5 live aliens and have 11 corpse but when i look @ my Base the corpse are there but the medics & other live aliens i've capture aren't. But when i try to capture live aliens with my other team from my other Base there seems to be no problem the only problem is when i use my elite team to capture aliens and its very frustrating since i can't use my best soldiers to capture Commanders from enemy Bases and Battleships instead i have to use those rokies who almost always misses and dies quickly and now my elite squad now beacame a deathsquad litteraly.

:Titan: "I WANT MY COMMANDOS BACK" :Titan:

:angel: Anyway this is a really great game i mean "WoW" k:

I was just wondering where do i download XcomUtil?

And Microprose Veteran if you really want Fun, Try to Equip all your Soldiers with Blaster Launcher and Just Have Fun rather than using Rockets and tanks Trust me It's really really FUN! I tried it Once but i didn't save it because i want to save my ammos for the final battle, But i was really FUN demolishing a Battleship w/out getting your hands dirty or your unit killed just Blast Every Part of the ship and "wala " Mision Successful (did i mention it was fun?). But i didn't get much score from that since ive almost blasted everything including their corpses and artifacts but it was worth the fun /heh

Onimaru is offline                         Send a private message to Onimaru
Old 12-05-2005, 05:24 PM   #1253
Pyros777

I love this game. Still play it through at least once every 6 months.

Old 13-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #1254
Onimaru

nevermind I'm already downloading XconUtil.

BUT!!!

Damn i have not have enough sleep since i started playing this game :tai: anyway i have just discovered the joys off GRENADES i mean forget what i said about blaster luancher "cause HIGH EXPLOSIVES is way more fun i mean ive just demolish everything in my last mission when i intercepted a medium scout, anyway i want to try those high explosive so i used one on that mission and BOOM it flatened the whole floor in one of the houses and it was beautiful so i abort that mission and reload my saved game, i bought alot of high explosives and i do mean a LOT and intercepted the scout again(actually the medium scout already landed)i killed all aliens out side and scatter all my soldeirs in every house and outside the UFO an some inside then i drop all my weapons and put all my High Explosives on both my mens hands and sets it to 7 turns the next turn i planted all of my explosives and put my remaining High Explosives into my hands from my backpack end turn sets it to 5 plant it every where and so on and get the hell out of there then 3 2 1 Endturn B O O M !!! k: Man it was Beautiful I mean everything just go Boom the fields,houses,trees the outerwall has many holes and the inside was polvorize the roof looks like it was raining acid and the only thing that survive was the second floor of the big houses because i didn't have the time to put some on them but i did blast the roof, Funny that ive blown down the 1st floor but the second floor still float in mid air and so does those trees i mean ive blown down the trunks but the leaves are still there.

That Was Owesome
Onimaru is offline                         Send a private message to Onimaru
Old 13-05-2005, 09:09 AM   #1255
Student
Cool

You pulverized the whole skout ?! (!?) :blink:
And the whole surrounding !!?? :blink: :blink:
Man that had to be COOL :w00t:
And nasty. :evil:
Did you threw some inside ? :evil: :evil:
And most of all... did after the boom it was mission acomplished ?? k:

And my last talk bout rocket and laser tanks.
Rockets rule ive got an attack squad 4 troopers 3 plasma tanks atacking an medium UFO with etherels.
Every etherel have been blasted by the tanks but one.
he hid in an BARN so i gone inside there with tanks:
One was blasted by his reaction fire.
The second one missed and been shot in the next turn.
And the third one was ordered to stop and guard so the nasty alien wont get away.
by the time ive sent the asault troops and razed the place with Alien grenades.
And all that hould not hapened if i took at least one rocket tank... id change the barn in a crater.

Old 13-05-2005, 10:07 AM   #1256
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Once your soldiers have improved a little, tanks have definitely become inferior: bad accuracy, lame reaction,...
However they can be of some use against mind controlling aliens if your troops aren't too resistant, and they make great spotters to look for cryssalids. While the latter can destroy tanks, at least this won't create a zombie, and you won't lose any of your prized soldiers this way.
Old 13-05-2005, 12:14 PM   #1257
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Yes, but tanks are by no means cheap. If you really want to take on Cysallids properly then just tech to Plasma Hovertanks ASAP (not too difficult), fly up !2! squares (IMPORTANT) and start raining hell on them.

Rocket tanks are too bloody dangerous. Get a soldier with good shooting accuracy (reactions can actually be BAD holding a missile-launching device) and take 6 rockets, making him hold 3 (1 in left hand, 2 in pack) and a rookie with both of his hands full of rockets (for throwing) and just 'feed' the RL soldier his or her rockets. They can take out obstacles and are MUCH cheaper and more efficient too.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 13-05-2005, 06:08 PM   #1258
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Ahh ive discovered the joys of throwing, if you want fun you should make your soldiers play catch.

I know keep a rookie at the skyranger and he throws out equipment when people need reloads or swap of weapons, and if the equipment cannot reach the desired person then there is usually an inbetween mule who carries and throws it.

Great fun when you start lobbing HE's so one person doesnt have to have a huge weight encumberance, ive managed to blow up a medium scout using the HE, easily the most fun tool in the game.

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 13-05-2005, 06:53 PM   #1259
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Especially with XComUtil, when HE does 200 damage

That's enough to crack open the exterior walls with HE, works especially well with roofs, just chuck some on top of a UFO and follow up with a couple more - a word of caution, his a Power Source and you will not only make a horrible mess out of whatever was inside, but also wreck ALL of the equipment inside, that includes alien corpses, weapons, UFO Nav, all of it.

Still, worth it for the killpower after a couple of months (casually take everything down on 'cautious' and the engines should be OK).
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 14-05-2005, 12:34 AM   #1260
Goodhorn

Im having some problems with the game.

Ill start a game and i doing fine for a while then sometimes at the begining of a mission the game will quit for no apparent reason, doesnt even give me a error message.

Any ideas?

p.s. Veteran mode is freakin hard