Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-05-2007, 04:20 AM   #1
the11thletter
Lurker

Hey everyone.

I have the Forgotten Realms Archives CD and I want to install EOB 1 on my laptop (2.0 Gig Processor and 1 Gig RAM, Windows XP Home OS) and I cant remember how to install the damn thing to the hard drive from the CD. I had done it before on my older Win98 desktop but cant remember how I did it. Inetrplay is obviously of no help, LOL. I open the CD and run the install.bat and it takes me to the command prompt but then I cant remember how to install the damn thing to my hard drive...and the worst thing is is that I know it's a very simple process of doing it. Hope someone can help!

Thanks,

K
the11thletter is offline                         Send a private message to the11thletter
Old 07-05-2007, 06:58 AM   #2
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

well, with a command prompt interface, you'd enter 'cd' to change to the directory where the install or main exec file is. then you'd type 'dir' if you needed to see the name of the file. and then type in that file name and just hit 'enter'. I'm not sure about dos command prompts working properly with xp, though. perhaps if you installed and played using dosbox? (a dos emulator) or easier still using front end 3 to configure and trigger dosbox. There's a link to dosbox and basic instructions on the front page.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree