Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Do you believe in ghosts?
Yes 7 19.44%
No 18 50.00%
Don't know 9 25.00%
Gho who? 2 5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2005, 06:30 AM   #11
TheSmyth
Abandonia nerd

I vote No, but things would probably be more interesting if they did exist.
TheSmyth is offline                         Send a private message to TheSmyth
Old 12-05-2005, 07:30 AM   #12
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

The ghost photo is a fake.

I find the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire picture to be just plain ridiculous. And the whole site just seems stupid and not worth reading.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 12-05-2005, 09:42 AM   #13
efthimios
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@May 12 2005, 07:30 AM
The ghost photo is a fake.

I find the Who Wants To Be A Millionaire picture to be just plain ridiculous. And the whole site just seems stupid and not worth reading.
And what about airline food? Disgrace!
efthimios is offline                         Send a private message to efthimios
Old 12-05-2005, 10:03 AM   #14
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Ghosts as such? Rather not.
But deny existence of supernatural? Not possible.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 12-05-2005, 06:07 PM   #15
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I don't know...

Ghosts are like UFOs: i'm one of the majority that had never seen them!

But i haven't seen so many existing things that i can't say that they aren't true!

Anyway the picture is false and i just need to look the face of the boy in the photo to say this!
Old 12-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #16
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Well I'll just repeat myself again (and say the same as I did in the religious topics):

The one claiming that something exists must prove it - not the other way around!

That's the first rule of science. Also if you conduct an experiment and wish to present it as proof others must be able to run the same experiment and get the same resoults - otherwise it's not valid. If the experiment won't succeed in at least 80% of tries then it's not valid as proof.

Statistics aren't proof - statistics can give you an idea and can help you set a theory, but can not prove anything.

So even if you get 1.000.000 out of 1.500.000 people to claim they actually saw a ghost - that still doesn't prove ghosts exist. It just makes it more possible for you to actually find a ghost there and maybe get some proof of their existance.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 12-05-2005, 06:28 PM   #17
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@May 12 2005, 08:26 PM
Well I'll just repeat myself again (and say the same as I did in the religious topics):

The one claiming that something exists must prove it - not the other way around!

That's the first rule of science. Also if you conduct an experiment and wish to present it as proof others must be able to run the same experiment and get the same resoults - otherwise it's not valid. If the experiment won't succeed in at least 80% of tries then it's not valid as proof.

Statistics aren't proof - statistics can give you an idea and can help you set a theory, but can not prove anything.

So even if you get 1.000.000 out of 1.500.000 people to claim they actually saw a ghost - that still doesn't prove ghosts exist. It just makes it more possible for you to actually find a ghost there and maybe get some proof of their existance.
Ehmm....What would be a proof of ghosts existence??? :blink:
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 12-05-2005, 06:36 PM   #18
Don Andy
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@May 12 2005, 06:26 PM

Well, not everything can be solved with normal sience. At least that's what I believe.

This may also be excuses for some of the biggest fakes ever made, but still, there are thinks you just can't prove with normal science.

Maybe Science can prove such things, but haven't yet the possibilities to prove it. Maybe we have just to wait 50 years and you can just put on a google and see ghosts or something like that.

Who knows.....
Don Andy is offline                         Send a private message to Don Andy
Old 12-05-2005, 07:01 PM   #20
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Don Andy@May 12 2005, 08:36 PM
Maybe Science can prove such things, but haven't yet the possibilities to prove it. Maybe we have just to wait 50 years and you can just put on a google and see ghosts or something like that.
Exactly!
I mean - they said it's impossible to travel around the globe, because Earth is flat and you'd fall off the edge!

So many people have claimed to have seen ghosts and we know that there are more questions the answers in moder science - so it very well possible ghosts do exist, but haven't been proven yet (just like aliens, Yeti, Loch Ness moster,...). Or if not... well people tend to believe in many things that can't be proven :whistle:
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos