Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone > Mêlée Island
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: What kind of TF2 map would you like to play?
Arena 2 8.33%
Capture the Flag 10 41.67%
Control Point 3 12.50%
King of the Hill 3 12.50%
Payload 6 25.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 25-08-2011, 08:20 PM   #81
Altormato

Well this is my first post but I'm a long time lurker and user of this fine fine site and I am happy to say I'll be there to blast some ass!
Altormato is offline                         Send a private message to Altormato
Old 25-08-2011, 08:26 PM   #82
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Awesome, see you there, and welcome to your first post!
Old 27-08-2011, 07:52 PM   #83
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Today's game was good. Lots of players and it was all fine and dandy, with exception of that one jerk who ended up constantly whining and calling his team-mates with nasty words. Expack perma-banned him from the server.

In any case, I think we're gonna have more of these get-togethers in future. Were going to have to stop putting stuff about those in the front page though, otherwise were gonna have to call this website "Team Abandonia Fortress".

Expack finally figured out whats with our games suddenly ending and switching the map, so thats gonna be fixed in the future.

As the server is always running, I recommend that If you're looking for a game, its a good place to go. Today when I went there 2-3 hours before the event, it slowly filled up with players.

I also wish we'd add more maps to the map rotation. I'd want ctf_well, cp_degrootkeep, koth_harvest, cp_gorge and pl_badwater added to the map rotation and maybe remove ctf_sawmill and cp_steel. Especially the latter since most of us felt it was very confusing.

Everyone is of course free to suggest maps added/removed from the rotation. I think its up to Phreeze since he's running the server.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 27-08-2011, 11:06 PM   #84
Panthro
Man of Science

It was good, apart from that one guy.

I always check the server when I load up TF2, but it would be nice to have a regular time to try and get people there. Announcements through the Steam group would be fine though, if you don't want to spam the website!
Panthro is offline                         Send a private message to Panthro
Old 27-08-2011, 11:25 PM   #85
Expack2
Game Request Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChosen View Post
Today's game was good. Lots of players and it was all fine and dandy, with exception of that one jerk who ended up constantly whining and calling his team-mates with nasty words. Expack perma-banned him from the server.

In any case, I think we're gonna have more of these get-togethers in future. Were going to have to stop putting stuff about those in the front page though, otherwise were gonna have to call this website "Team Abandonia Fortress".

Expack finally figured out whats with our games suddenly ending and switching the map, so thats gonna be fixed in the future.

As the server is always running, I recommend that If you're looking for a game, its a good place to go. Today when I went there 2-3 hours before the event, it slowly filled up with players.

I also wish we'd add more maps to the map rotation. I'd want ctf_well, cp_degrootkeep, koth_harvest, cp_gorge and pl_badwater added to the map rotation and maybe remove ctf_sawmill and cp_steel. Especially the latter since most of us felt it was very confusing.

Everyone is of course free to suggest maps added/removed from the rotation. I think its up to Phreeze since he's running the server.
I agree - the "open to the community" approach seemed to result in better numbers than the "sign up for exclusive access to nothing more than an informal get-together" approach (for obvious reasons ). In regards to the map selection, because the community match was a sort of re-launch of the private match, it also had the same map rotation.

I do apologize for not banning the rude dude (whose name I shall not mention) sooner than I did, but I didn't know the proper ban command, and when I learned what it is, it was inexplicably a pain to even get it working.

Although I'm flattered by your complement, it was [ABCD] The Black Amber (whoever he/she is) who figured out what was wrong with the server. I think what the issue was mp_winlimit and mp_windifference both needed to be turned off (e.g. set to 0).

Also, I think discussing the Abandonian TF2 server should, from here on out, be covered in a separate thread. In addition, unless this thread is going to be used for future TF2 community matches, I think this thread should remain open for a day or two so people can comment on the previous match before someone needs to tell Frank to push the button (e.g. a mod/admin needs to close this thread).

Proud Beta Tester for Desura Since October 28, 2010
Expack2 is offline                         Send a private message to Expack2
Old 28-08-2011, 02:36 AM   #86
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Agreed. Feel free to start that thread whenever you got time.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 28-08-2011, 05:45 AM   #87
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

The match was generally good; cleared some new achievements, had a duel with TC, killed some other people and also saw how the style of the game changes when there are fewer players. Until now I actually played on a Romanian server which is always full; I could just plunge into the sea of enemies as a pyro and kill or assist kill 4-5 of them. It was especially fun and effective in the push the cart maps.

With fewer players, choosing a class has increased importance. My favorite pyro wasn't always a good choice.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 28-08-2011, 11:38 AM   #88
Lulu_Jane
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

My mind is still blown that you actually play TF2 TA

Anyways, it was good fun, although my connection kept dying every 20 minutes or so. I'm looking forward to the next match! Also, Expack, please pm me the banned user name, I want to check something.
Old 29-08-2011, 07:04 PM   #89
shinyjam

Would be great if you can get some custom map too. I recommend Balloon Race v2 (or v3 if there's one), it's a combination of capture the point and racing with a flying boat.

The boat will bring you to the next capture spot but you have to stand near the wheel to speed up the boat (there's 5 speed), capturing the point only give your ship a temporary small speed boost and won't affect your win/lose, but sending the boat to the end is what determine the winning team.

Personally I think this map is very balanced especially when the other boat is too far away, the boat will skip the captured point and take shortcut to easily catch up to the other team.

The starting point also are filled with water so pyro can't abuse as much by jumping onto the enemy boat (you rapidly lose hp when you are on enemy boat).

PS: Also a great map to get the Escape the Heat achievement.
shinyjam is offline                         Send a private message to shinyjam
Old 29-08-2011, 11:15 PM   #90
Phreeze_lu
Forum hobbit

new map rota:
ctf_2fort
cp_freight_final1
ctf_turbine
ctf_well
ctf_doublecross
cp_yukon_final
cp_badlands
pl_goldrush
cp_egypt_final
cp_degrootkeep
koth_harvest
cp_gorge
pl_badwater

tell me where to get the map and i'll add it too lazy to search for myself, it's late^^

i also removed the roundlimt
Phreeze_lu is offline                         Send a private message to Phreeze_lu