Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Search Forums:
Click here to use Advanced Search

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-09-2018, 09:40 AM   #1
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,518
Talking Forward to SKYRIM

Hello, mates,

Yes, Skyrim
The 5 Bethesda games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Obvilion, Skyrim
Only the last was not passed.

Today i will start the long, brave road.
You passed these games?
Yes?
Very nice.

For me till now the first one Arena is the best.

(One small bird informs me that our nice player Capo
passed this game before 1-2 years.)

So, good luck brave!

Glory, Glory!!
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 11:43 AM   #2
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,518
Talking Not fair

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Hello, mates,

Yes, Skyrim
The 5 Bethesda games: Arena, Daggerfall, Morrowind, Obvilion, Skyrim
Only the last was not passed.

Today i will start the long, brave road.
You passed these games?
Yes?
Very nice.

For me till now the first one Arena is the best.

(One small bird informs me that our nice player Capo
passed this game before 1-2 years.)

So, good luck brave!

Glory, Glory!!


Dearest Capo,
pls scusi me but:
-Near the castle walls of Whiterun town (Earl area) i killed two armed banditos.
They attacked me first without any action from my side.
They have a horse.
But when i approached the animal i saw the sight:
Steal (in red color).
May i take my rightful spoil or this is not legitimate?
Molto grazie, amichi!
Победа будет за нами! (We will win)
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2018, 11:17 PM   #3
Japo
Autonomous human
 
Japo's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ,
Posts: 4,520
Default

Enjoy Yoga! It's an amazing game, my favorite from the Elder Scrolls for sure.

Are you sure the horse belongs to them? Were they riding? I think the horse must belong to the stable at the entrance of Whiterun, and they happened to attack you nearby.

A horse that you haven't bought or obtained in a quest doesn't belong to you. Like everything that you can steal, you have to be out of sight when mounting, or you will get a bounty, and it remains branded as stolen forever. Also stolen horses return to their home whenever you dismount.
__________________
Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good...
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 01:47 PM   #4
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,518
Talking lvl 6 novice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Enjoy Yoga! It's an amazing game, my favorite from the Elder Scrolls for sure.

Are you sure the horse belongs to them? Were they riding? I think the horse must belong to the stable at the entrance of Whiterun, and they happened to attack you nearby.

A horse that you haven't bought or obtained in a quest doesn't belong to you. Like everything that you can steal, you have to be out of sight when mounting, or you will get a bounty, and it remains branded as stolen forever. Also stolen horses return to their home whenever you dismount.


Oh, sí, sí, mi amigo!
You are correct for both cases:

1. Skyrim is very nice game from 5 games of Bethesda. I am still between Arena and Daggerfall but Skyrim end is far enough.

2. Yes, the horse for whom we speak had owner. It was nearby the battle place.

...
Do You remember (in the very beginning - The golden ...) the quest in very nice caves with the last bandito in spider web, the two puzzles how to open closed doors, 2 х 2 guillotines etc.?

I have idea for AB staff:
- To ask every member What are the best 3 RPG
My answer is:

Dungeon Master 2
Arena
..in progress...

Ha ha ha
- had an incident.
I decided to explore second floor of inn in a small town.
Very nice. Chest wooden closed. I started opening process.
1 + 2 instruments were broken.
Suddenly i heard a voice: ... You thief stop now!!
Wow!! Bad moment for noble brave.
But 5 golds managed the case.

Good lesson!!!
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 05:14 PM   #5
Capo
Unconventional member
 
Capo's Avatar


 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Pescara, Italy
Posts: 953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post


Dearest Capo,
pls scusi me but:
-Near the castle walls of Whiterun town (Earl area) i killed two armed banditos.
They attacked me first without any action from my side.
They have a horse.
But when i approached the animal i saw the sight:
Steal (in red color).
May i take my rightful spoil or this is not legitimate?
Molto grazie, amichi!
Победа будет за нами! (We will win)
I played it with a lot of mods so i cant answer any question
__________________

Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-2018, 06:49 PM   #6
Japo
Autonomous human
 
Japo's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ,
Posts: 4,520
Default

I think it's after you fight your first dragon near Whiterun they will start hunting you. It can be annoying specially by killing NPCs. Some people like to delay this quest.

But it isn't as bad as the vampires. I hope for your sanity that you either don't have the vampire extension installed yet (even though it isn't bad), or install the mod that can disable their sneak attacks.
__________________
Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good...
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 12:09 AM   #7
Scatty
Treasure hunter
 
Scatty's Avatar

 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Little big small world
Posts: 1,861
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
I have idea for AB staff:
- To ask every member What are the best 3 RPG
My answer is:

Dungeon Master 2
Arena
..in progress...
That would be a seriously huge undertaking, also considering there's not many regular (long-time) members left on the forum anymore. But also for everybody it would be different games, the results would be far and between.
For what it's worth, those are my all-time favourites:
1. Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal
2. Lands of Lore II - Guardians of Destiny (no game had greater music ingame)
3. Realms of Arkania trilogy (better known as Das Schwarze Auge Trilogie for German players from the 90's). Yeah I know it's a trilogy, but since you can transfer the savegame every time upwards to continue, it kind of makes a whole and belongs together.
4. (Had to add a fourth, ya know) Ultima 8. Again, not many people from those times would agree, but I seriously adored the game, among other for it's bit weird, gloomy mood and music, and "revolutionary" graphics for 1993.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 07:45 AM   #8
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10
 
yoga's Avatar

 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asenovgrad, Bulgaria
Posts: 2,518
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
That would be a seriously huge undertaking, also considering there's not many regular (long-time) members left on the forum anymore. But also for everybody it would be different games, the results would be far and between.
For what it's worth, those are my all-time favourites:
1. Baldur's Gate II + Throne of Bhaal
2. Lands of Lore II - Guardians of Destiny (no game had greater music ingame)
3. Realms of Arkania trilogy (better known as Das Schwarze Auge Trilogie for German players from the 90's). Yeah I know it's a trilogy, but since you can transfer the savegame every time upwards to continue, it kind of makes a whole and belongs together.
4. (Had to add a fourth, ya know) Ultima 8. Again, not many people from those times would agree, but I seriously adored the game, among other for it's bit weird, gloomy mood and music, and "revolutionary" graphics for 1993.
...in progress...
3. The Witcher 3

I am interesting now of opinions of
1. Japo
2. Capo
3. SS
4. Mystvan
__________________
Do not make personal remarks - said Alice.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
Japo
Autonomous human
 
Japo's Avatar


 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: ,
Posts: 4,520
Default

My favorites are the Elder Scrolls, and the best Skyrim. My favorite RPGs are open worlds. Arena is a good dungeon crawler from it's time, but not my style. I love the idea of Daggerfall but it is too flawed. However it created the great lore of the series. Morrowin is very good; but the writing in Skyrim is richer and more real.

Another open world game I loved is Darklands. The historical setting and realism are exactly the kind of stuff I prefer. Many people are put off by the difficult grinding.

In a completely different fantasy world, Faery Tale Adventure II is a very good game. Unfortunately story and lore was supposed to be one of the strongest features but it was left unfinished.

Baldur's gate deserves to be played more and more recently than I have. What I didn't like was the fabled Infinity Engine where the characters couldn't move in a group without getting stuck. And the fact that it's a D&D game, which means unrealistic cliche setting, and overpowered magic.
__________________
Life starts every day anew. Prospects not so good...

Last edited by Japo; 23-09-2018 at 05:39 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2018, 10:10 PM   #10
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man
 
Mystvan's Avatar

 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Sao Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 820
Smile

Umm... Too bad that only Paco (not Capo nor Japo ) missed to complete the Twinsen Triad... Is he currently on the planet Twinsun???
__________________
My New Signature
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Reply With Quote
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Skyrim Wolf Thug Gaming Zone 5 12-04-2012 01:17 AM
Skyrim video problem yoga Tech Corner 8 19-01-2012 07:57 AM
A little step forward! Dave Old News 8 14-09-2009 04:45 PM
Games You're Looking Forward To Zarkumo Gaming Zone 77 05-04-2005 10:50 AM
Which (new) Game Are You Looking Forward To Maikel Blah, blah, blah... 31 27-10-2004 02:31 PM

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump
 


The current time is 01:03 PM (GMT)

 
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.