Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-01-2006, 06:53 PM   #11

Installed it and have an issue where when I go to start a mission, the game crashes. Is this a know issue and is there a patch for it. I can create bases and shoot down ships but can't do the ground missions.

Old 27-01-2006, 09:42 PM   #12
Hollyhockala

I also get the no sound problem under DOSBOX, I find that whenever I run setup and input my sound card attributes I get the following message -

"Error writing sound config file.
Null pointer assignment"

I don't know what this means, but it might be a clue to someone who does as to what is going on.
Hollyhockala is offline                         Send a private message to Hollyhockala
Old 28-01-2006, 04:27 PM   #13
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

try to remove all attributes to files (none of the files should be "read only"). also could you give us some specs ? like which soundcard are you using?
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 29-01-2006, 01:10 PM   #14
Hollyhockala

Quote:
Originally posted by gregor@Jan 28 2006, 05:27 PM
try to remove all attributes to files (none of the files should be "read only"). also could you give us some specs ? like which soundcard are you using?
I'm running on a laptop. I think the sound is from a SoundMAX Digital Audio for sound and a Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth. I have had no problems running sound in DOSBox games before - I usually emulate SoundBlaster Pro without any problems.

The one question which Terror from the Deep asks which other games have not is channels. I don't know what answer to give to this, and my DOSBox doesn't have a variable to set for channels in the config.sys. Could this be what is giving me the null pointer error?

EDIT: Oh - forgot - I have eliminated the "error writing sound file" portion of the message by using your suggestion to remove the read-only attribute from the sound.cfg file. The null pointer error remains.
Hollyhockala is offline                         Send a private message to Hollyhockala