Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-07-2009, 04:28 PM   #31
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfly View Post
I was explaining what McAfee removed from the zip archive, the Exploit-MS06-004.gen... It is related to the Ani1.ani files.

My point isn't that they are problematic or potentially harmful - I don't know, it is that other people might come here to post warnings as long as those files are in the zip, so maybe someone can post a note on the download page to disregard the malware warning if they run McAfee or Fortinet or Comodo scans.

I don't have Trend Micro available, so I don't know what's going on there.
Ok, I understand. But can you check the file on HOTUD? It will reveal us if it's a problem related to the original game files or only with our archive.
Old 21-07-2009, 10:24 PM   #32
Skyfly
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Ok, I understand. But can you check the file on HOTUD? It will reveal us if it's a problem related to the original game files or only with our archive.

I got the same warning from HOTU's archive. It is the two 23KB Ani1.ani files that trigger McAfee to report the exploit. It could very well be a false positive, or an archaic worry that was patched by Microsoft, or who knows...
Skyfly is offline                         Send a private message to Skyfly
Old 22-07-2009, 06:16 PM   #33
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Added notes about false virus detection in the review.
Old 29-07-2009, 09:27 AM   #34
reuben19
Lurker

Default help

guys,
started playing the game and and got caught in the sequence where Groucho starts by talking a about a war hero.

I've managed to open the curtains at Su-Bam, find the secret passage, and find su-bam inside. also i managed to find the letter. but whatever I do from there on, will leave me starting the day over again.

Anyone who could help me out a bit? All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
reuben19 is offline                         Send a private message to reuben19
Old 25-11-2009, 06:55 PM   #35
enrico_berlingu

Has anybody managed to play the game with sound? There is no music when I play it (DOSBox, VDMSound or straight from WinXP) and I cannot run the install file (it asks me to insert the discs, then stops in error).
Help appreciated.
enrico_berlingu is offline                         Send a private message to enrico_berlingu
Old 26-11-2009, 06:14 AM   #36
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Does this rip even have sound?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #37
Unregistered123654
Default Hia!

How do you find that secret pasage?

Ive already pull out the courtains...

Old 10-06-2010, 10:55 PM   #38
flammaefata

So I'm playing the game on a mac using dosbox, and I'm starting to worry if the cycles need adjustment to correct the timing of the game. It runs at 3000 cycles default but I'm worrying if this makes the game too fast as I only get to visit about 2 or 3 places in the day. I've turned it down to about half but couldn't see any real difference, I guess you don't expect to as it isn't a really graphics/resource intensive game.

At the moment I'm stuck as soon as the 20th comes on - the writer appears saying that the last two chapters need a complete rewrite, and the game is returned to where Sarah comes to stay with Dog (end of the 18th). Btw, can you talk to her at his place then?

The 19th I can visit the detective and get the address for the fencer. When I finish talking to the detective I go to the fencer, talk about everything to him (showing him the photo and finding out about the prism) and next thing I end up at home, Groucho is talking about the failed human cannonball, and Dog sits thinking that he needs to go back to the antique shop. But before I get a chance to do that it seems the evening is done and the writer comes up with the "need to rewrite two chapters" story. I also wanted to go to the library again because I know there's the second Lovecraft fellow who will ask me to back off of the Ctulhu case, but there's just no time. And I don't know where to talk to Sarah anymore.

And just to check, there isn't a way to move about a room or from one part of the room to another, is there? I'm talking specifically about the Astec collection cabinet at Foulke's house, I can see that the glass is broken, but I can't get closer to it to inspect.

And finally I'm wondering whether I can use items in my office with items I've picked up? I want to use H.P. Lovecraft's works or the Ames book (both about Ctulhu) with the burnt letter or the other mysterious letter from the H.P.L. guy.

Any replies will be greatly appreciated! I see this thread isn't the most lively but maybe someone can help me I'll keep on trying and see if I manage something else.

Old 11-11-2010, 02:16 PM   #39
Cher to the Z

Quote:
The 19th I can visit the detective and get the address for the fencer. When I finish talking to the detective I go to the fencer, talk about everything to him (showing him the photo and finding out about the prism) and next thing I end up at home, Groucho is talking about the failed human cannonball, and Dog sits thinking that he needs to go back to the antique shop. But before I get a chance to do that it seems the evening is done and the writer comes up with the "need to rewrite two chapters" story. I also wanted to go to the library again because I know there's the second Lovecraft fellow who will ask me to back off of the Ctulhu case, but there's just no time. And I don't know where to talk to Sarah anymore
Okay, I'm actually playing this game, it's a little difficult to manuever. Try showing Su-Bam everything you have, even asking about the things in his store, like the clock etc.

Next go to the library, you will meet a man named William Pickman there. He will talk to you then he'll leave. You won't be able to ask him any questions

Read all the books in the library, some have some information in them. Then go home.

I did this and finally got past that part. But it really isn't one thing, you just have to be thorough as heck.
Cher to the Z is offline                         Send a private message to Cher to the Z
Old 11-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #40
Cher to the Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered123654 View Post
How do you find that secret pasage?

Ive already pull out the courtains...

Okay, this one is tricky. Before you go back to the antiques store, stay at home and read all the books on your book shelves. There's one on the bottom that said that Su-bam was a fencer I think (you may have already read that one) but there is one on the second or third shelf that mentions that they believe that Su-Bam had a secret passageway.

You need to read that in your own bookshelf before you go to the antiques store.

The pull back the curtains and examine the clock, it will pull away revealing a secret passageway. But the passageway won't be revealed until you read it in your books.

Weird I know but that's the way this game works.

Last edited by Cher to the Z; 11-11-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Cher to the Z is offline                         Send a private message to Cher to the Z