Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-07-2011, 07:52 PM   #11
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The activation stone is for activating the golem.
Yes, I activated the golem.

The game goes on.

Having experience from BG, now is little easier.

same boring brave
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 26-07-2011, 08:18 PM   #12
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
and again spell Identify playing me bad trick. It is memo in Imoen spell book but inactive when open the book.

I played all BG with damage Identify. Rats!!
You can only cast the identify spell from the inventory.
For identifying an item put it in the caster's inventory, right-click at it and if you have the spell memorized (and don't have armor equipped which blocks spellcasting) you get the option to use the spell for it.

Quote:
Pls, let ask Master Kmonster, what he think about his hero.
A total stat sum of 13+13+15+17+11+9=78 is quite weak, almost every second roll is better. I recommend rerolling for at least a sum of 82, you'll have to play the whole game with the stats rolled at creation (for comparison: Imoen has a stat sum of 87, Jaheira 88, my BG fighter had 98 which I think is the highest sum you can roll). For dex and con 13 isn't better than 7, only extreme values do make a difference.
For a fighter the physical stats are the only important ones, even a lower roll than possible could be adjusted to perfect stats by shifting points from useless to useful attributes: str18,dex18,con18, int11,wis3,cha3, wisdom is useless and when exploring the circus tent you can find a ring which sets cha to 18.
The joinable NPC warriors all have far better physical stats than your character's 13-13-15, Minsc has 18-16-16 and Jaheira 15-17-17.
Low str in the beginning is bearable since you can have your party mage cast strength and buy a girdle which sets it to 19 from Ribald when you have earned enough money.
Low dex and con are worse, without the AC bonus for high dex you get hit far more often and without HP bonus you can't survive that many hits, you'll be tempted to put other party members with better AC in front and stand in the back like a coward to reduce the time you have to waste for healing. Fighters are quite weak compared to casters (who get many and powerful high level spells) in BG2:SoA, so take at least the stats you need to fight better than summons.
I don't doubt your ability to beat the game with any character, but a better balance among party members might be more fun.

If you want to be the frontliner you can take the berserker kit, the berserker rage immunities help a lot in some battles, you can still use all ranged weapons and even specialize in returning throwing axes or daggers for ranged.

When first seeing the 17 int I thought you wanted to take 9 fighter levels and switch to mage afterwards, to get both fighter hitpoints, attacks and mage spellcasting (human fighter9>mage dualclass is considered the most powerful SOA build). For this you need also at least 15 str, but with a roll of 78+ you can max str,dex,con and int easily.

Last edited by kmonster; 26-07-2011 at 08:24 PM.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 26-07-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
No expansion. Sry.

Hey, twillight, how are You?
No, we do not forget you.
Do You advance with 1 hero only?
I am crazy with BG, but You are mad.
ha ha ha
How do You withstand both Battle Horrors in last level of second mine?
Actually without expansion the final battle in BG2 is much more interresting. I really had to unload everything on the boss to reach success, it was the most awesome battle I've ever made.

Btw, I progress still in BG1, but not much, as my family stole my compuer for themselves today Anyway, I wish to try 2 areas before going to Larswood, then to the Bandit Camp. So no Battle Horrors for me yet. My "hardest enemy" accoprding to the game was a Revenant (worth 3K exp), but if you ask me those pesky ogres were much harder to best.

For you some tip to BG2:
- collect items what allows you to summon things (especially things that allows summon on daily bases instead of charges!).
- look through every spell you have! For example my favourite dragonkilling-technic is casting lots of Doom on the dragon, then a chromatic orb / finger of death => the result is one-hit-kill. Also my favourite lichkilling-technique is turning myself to a jelly, then my party shooting the lich to bits
- beware of trolls. You have to hit them to 0 hp,THEN kill them with fire or acid damage, or they'll stand up!
- have a familiar in your backpack! (If your familiar dies, that's VERY bad, so do not release him. ever. Your alignment will give a sucky one anyway.)
Old 26-07-2011, 09:48 PM   #14
Capo
Unconventional member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomekk View Post
Also... dump Imoen and Minsc, you'll find way better companions, and neither are as annoying as the former.
What ? Whaaaat ?

Ok, im out.
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 27-07-2011, 05:33 AM   #15
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking NO, NO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
What ? Whaaaat ?

Ok, im out.
@Capo
No, Caro Capo,
please do not out.
I began new game, following the advices of Hunvagy and Kmonster.
And... Minsc is again in my commando. Yes, he is.
Promise is promise.

@Hunvagy
TY. Nice advices which I will follow.

@Ja, Kmonster
This game is more difficult than BG1.
But I use more spells now and this fact enjoyed me much.
Ty for the detailed analys of the stats.

@twillight
You need luck, mad man!

Relax, mates.
The situation is under control.

The band: Sry, my lovely Imoen is stolen and dear Khalid is dead...sob.sob
No more info about stat. I am lazy beggar.
The leader is
KMONSTER - Fighter
Jaheira - Fighter/Druid
Minsc - Ranger
Yoshimo - Bounty Hunter
Nalia - Mage/Thief
Korgan - Berserk
Task: To find Imoen

Old 27-07-2011, 05:48 AM   #16
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Btw, I read the Baldur's Gate manual yesterday, while I was installing it. And I was right, the manual states that you need at least an int of 18 ot memorize spells up to 9th level. Twilights INT of 10 was only enough for 4th level. Now I know the original BG doesn't go higher, but I did assume he'd want to import his char into BG2, and there it would have bombed.

I agree with the fighter assessment, though an STR score of 18/00 would be more desired What I don't agree with is that wisdom is not necessary. Wisdom modifiers give modifiers to spell saves against mind affecting spells (also stated in said manual), which given the abundance enemy spellcasters throw around charms and holds is not to be belittled.
Old 27-07-2011, 07:06 AM   #17
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Yoga philosophy will save the planet

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
Btw, I read the Baldur's Gate manual yesterday, while I was installing it. And I was right, the manual states that you need at least an int of 18 ot memorize spells up to 9th level. Twilights INT of 10 was only enough for 4th level. Now I know the original BG doesn't go higher, but I did assume he'd want to import his char into BG2, and there it would have bombed.

I agree with the fighter assessment, though an STR score of 18/00 would be more desired What I don't agree with is that wisdom is not necessary. Wisdom modifiers give modifiers to spell saves against mind affecting spells (also stated in said manual), which given the abundance enemy spellcasters throw around charms and holds is not to be belittled.
Sure.
Anyway not all of gamers of BG saga are so experienced as you and all around in AB are, so let be no so big experts.
..Grab the axe, ride a horse and forward to smash the next bad.
Ha ha ha

I know that You, Masters Kmonster and Scatty are able to write down a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig analysis of BG saga conc. spells, magics, stats and like of many pages.
But this is a game only and the brave is not so serious as he was years ago when he spoke before examinators for the Enthalpy and the theorem of Clausewitz.

I am 7 years in AB to Enjoy ONLY.
(I am here from 2005, not 2006. Mistake in AB archives. I remember even Kosta and had correspondence with that man. Never mind.)

yoga the lazy beggar
in this hot sunny day
(under the air conditioner)
Old 27-07-2011, 08:06 AM   #18
hunvagy
Thread Necromancer

Send a message via MSN to hunvagy

Quote:

I know that You, Masters Kmonster and Scatty are able to write down a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig analysis of BG saga conc. spells, magics, stats and like of many pages.
But this is a game only and the brave is not so serious as he was years ago when he spoke before examinators for the Enthalpy and the theorem of Clausewitz.
You know, if a game has a 150+ page manual, people tend to read it, because it might be relevant for the game in question? Just ask TK, he hated Baldur's Gate, because he had absolutely no idea of the AD&D rules. Same with the old gold box games, if you don't know how to play, you'll be run over. But hey, enjoy.
Old 27-07-2011, 09:56 AM   #19
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post

The BG2 manual isn't always right. Many things stated there were never implemented or are just wrong. In the game mages can learn and cast level 9 spells even with only 9 int and wisdom doesn't affect saves at all, so playing a character with only 3 wisdom is no problem.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 27-07-2011, 11:41 AM   #20
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
The BG2 manual isn't always right. Many things stated there were never implemented or are just wrong. In the game mages can learn and cast level 9 spells even with only 9 int and wisdom doesn't affect saves at all, so playing a character with only 3 wisdom is no problem.
My first problem:
I am in Docks District. Approaching Shadow Thieves Guild I met a crazy wizard and eliminated this one.
Nice.
Then I opened with a key secret door Northeast of door of the guild. I entered Cellar room.
OK.
But I can Not find another secret passage in the northeast wall. and meet some Aran Linvail.
Where is my fail, mates?

Kmonster, instead of all attempts this spell Identify still does not work. In every positions when I click with right mouse button, it answered DONE. No Write spell or function. I think it is a bug. Same in BG. Ty
My KMONSTER has Str 18.