Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 11:55 AM   #1
Data
retired

Thumbs down

As you're probably aware, a few people have taken on the task of editing the reviews on the site to correct any mistakes in the spelling, punctuation and grammar. We'd like it if you all gave us permission to do so, rather than just wading in, so please give us the go-ahead in here. If you have any strong objections or would like to see the changes we're planning on making before the corrected review is uploaded let us know - we can always PM or email you the final version with highlighted changes. If you flat refuse that's fair enough - saves us a bit of work!

We're not quite sure as yet what we're going to do if we don't get a response from any of the reviewers - I imagine there's a few who are no longer active. We'll probably just leave them until last and make a decision then.

The following reviewers have given us permission to edit their reviews:

BeefontheBone
Einherjar
Fawfulhasfury
Iron_Scarecrow
Kosta
Lizard
Mad-E-Fact
Maikel
Reup
TheVoid
Titan
Tom Henrik
Wendymaree
Wormpaul
The Picard
Punch999
Kon-Tikki

The following people would like to see the edit before it was uploaded:

Omuletzu
Puffin/Kiddiarni
Sebastianos
Strobe
Tuttle
Unknown Hero
Einherjar

The following do not want us to edit their work:

Astral

The old thread got closed because the discussion has gone off-topic. Please refrain from doing this here.

If you want to give permissions or not please send a PM to BeefontheBone or post in this thread
Old 13-03-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
TaloN
Hero Gamer

i give permission for my review (theres one been uploaded and i did a few others taht got lost when my HD died :'() to be edited as needs be.
TaloN is offline                         Send a private message to TaloN
Old 14-03-2005, 09:41 AM   #3
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Permission granted.

Just to say: i don't think you guys can't be trusted. I doub that someone of you will totaly change the point of the review. And i don't see why should we keep reviews with syntax errors or errors in language.

My second review (Shadow of the Comet) was changed by Kosta on several places and he even put his own walkthrough instead of mine. No problem, minor changes in review were made because i made some mistakes and his walkthrough was much better. I can't understand people that would have problem with this kind of actions.

I also think that teams for translating abandonia to different languages shoud have this checking of reviews, just in case.
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-03-2005, 11:23 AM   #4
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I'd like to see the edit of my review before I give a permission for putting it up instead of the original.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 14-03-2005, 12:32 PM   #5
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

No problem guys, I'll note those now. The post at the top is no longer mine unfortunately, so I can't edit it, but the one we use in the Grammar section I can!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 14-03-2005, 05:43 PM   #6
marko river
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, i think that anyone will want to know when the changes in their reviews are made, although they gave you entire permission. Just inform someone that you made couple (or several, or many) changes in his review due to that-and-that.
I think that this should be a rule in the future.

In my case, it won't harm to informe me, but i guess that it's not a big deal, unless entire sentense is changed.

Just occured me, if it is big error and therefore a big change, you may send original sentence and new sentence to the reviewer, in order to improve his english, but this is too much even in my opinion (then why did i mentioned it :blink: )
marko river is offline                         Send a private message to marko river
Old 14-03-2005, 10:00 PM   #7
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Basically we've been seeing a blank "go ahead" as permission to correct any mistakes we find in the SPG. We're not doing anything major, barring the occasional restructuring of a sentence, and asking the reviewer if there's anything bigger. Anyone who says they want to see the edit is getting just that - a copy of the text with changes highlighted and the opportunity to dscuss any of them with us if they're not happy. If anyone looks at a review we've changed and doesn't agree with what we've done we're very open to discussion - there's no enforced editing here!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 14-03-2005, 11:39 PM   #8
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

If anyone isn't happy AFTER an updated review is placed online, you can still send a PM to Kosta or an Admin, so we can have another go at it..
Old 16-03-2005, 04:11 PM   #9
Chris
Abandonia Homie

you may edit my reviews too. please send a note with the changes to me.

[EDIT] no further notification necessassary. I'm not online too often at the moment, so feel free to edit my reviews without asking. After all, I've begun to trust you grammar guys

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 16-03-2005, 06:31 PM   #10
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Mar 15 2005, 02:39 AM
If anyone isn't happy AFTER an updated review is placed online, you can still send a PM to Kosta or an Admin, so we can have another go at it..
I see your point, but that would mean reviewers would constantly have to read through all of their reviews to see if a change has been made. I've reviewed well over 30 games and don't really feel like reading every single one of those reviews every day, just to see if anything has changed. I don't mind my reviews being edited, but as long as there's my name under it I'd like to know just what has been changed.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Closed Thread